Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep trying to post a map but I can't get it to work. How do you post a map???!?!!!!:confused::confused::confused::mad::confused:

To attach an image to your post, click on the 'Attachments' button (the one that looks like a paper clip). Then click 'Browse...'. Find where you've saved the map and click 'Open'. Then click 'Upload'. If it's within the size limit you're done!

I wasnt sure myself about the italian colony being landlocked but it might make intesresting from a POV that basically they have been pushed back by other colonies to the point where they are still alive but no longer see themselves as Italians and eventually when I do another map. Possiblt absorbed by another state.

I kept the English rump state merely because everyone on here loves to keep the English going in some form and i selected the areas where population is more denser and location is more 'european' centric.

What about the rest of the map, I think I saw someone mention the Sinai?
Basically Israel is Judaea. Not zionist but carved out in a deal between Ottomans and Napoleonic France to relocate the worlds jewry.

So any other questions and critiqies are more than welcome.

I am going to have to do a map of basically every era of the TL I am creating.

The next part of my map.

Yeah the Europe map in the down right corner is messed up :eek:

Final part.png

I'd actually hoped you Lithuanians might appreciate the altered internal borders for Lithuania - Samogitia is recreated, and majority-Belarus areas are jerrymandered to ensure Lithuanian political dominance. Of course, Brest is still illogically a part of the country.

I only looked at internal borders after writing my previous comment. I really like what you did with them in Lithuania's case. And I agree that Brest being part of the country does not make sense, at least not in this scenario. It would make sense if Lithuania was restored as a multinational state encompassing a significant part of the Grand Duchy of the 1770s. But, obviously, no victorious German Kaiser would agree to creating such a huge country on Germany's eastern border... or would they?

Why? Because its variation, it's different, and it's not the standerd collective Ameriwank that I know and love!

But I'll take you up on that offer. I need to start learning Canadian and British politics for the setting of my story.

Well jeez, how do you think I feel being Canadian? :p We are to you what Uruguay is to Brazil with regards to wank.

In any case, here are some maps of YES and NO votes following the referendum in the 90's.

QuebecReferendumMap-1995.jpg

Here's a rough draft from the AHN Universe, circa 2100.

..and I already notice something that needs fixed. Good thing it's just a rough draft. :D

AHN World 2100.PNG

The next part of my map.

Yeah the Europe map in the down right corner is messed up :eek:

I need to say that your names are quite implausible:
-firstly, "Nuove Portugal" should be "Novo Portugal" or, in a more usual way, "Nova Portugal". Second, most, if not all of the "New ___" should be in feminine form, as there was never a Nouveau France, but a Nouvelle France. The Spanish ones should be feminine also, as "Nueva Castilla" rather than "Nuevo Castilla".
-the name "Terra del Miguel" makes little sense - it would be as poor and plain as "Land of the Michael" in English. I would suggest "Miguellina", "Migueliana" or "Miguelia". "Terre de Louis" sounds as poor as the last one - use just French Louisianne.
-"Republique" is not spelled right in any of its occurrences, so it's probably not a typo.
-On a more general view, the names themselves do not work well - for example, there was not, in all Portuguese history, a colony named after Portugal or any of its regions. Most names were from Saints (Espirito Santo, São Vicente, São Paulo) or of native origins (Paraiba, Roraima) . Names from rivers, bays and other landmarks were also common.
-And I don't need to say that "New Mecca" is equally implausible.

Sorry for Krall'ing your map, but if you want to use names in the right languages, make it so their native speakers will not laugh at it. And there are more creative names than "New ____", you know ;]. Using so can add much more depth to your maps, as the origin of the names can contribute giving even more information about your TL.

Good job with non-straight borders, though - many of them makes sense by following rivers and naturally defined regions, and are aesthetically pleasant.

I need to say that your names are quite implausible:
-firstly, "Nuove Portugal" should be "Novo Portugal" or, in a more usual way, "Nova Portugal". Second, most, if not all of the "New ___" should be in feminine form, as there was never a Nouveau France, but a Nouvelle France. The Spanish ones should be feminine also, as "Nueva Castilla" rather than "Nuevo Castilla".
-the name "Terra del Miguel" makes little sense - it would be as poor and plain as "Land of the Michael" in English. I would suggest "Miguellina", "Migueliana" or "Miguelia". "Terre de Louis" sounds as poor as the last one - use just French Louisianne.
-"Republique" is not spelled right in any of its occurrences, so it's probably not a typo.
-On a more general view, the names themselves do not work well - for example, there was not, in all Portuguese history, a colony named after Portugal or any of its regions. Most names were from Saints (Espirito Santo, São Vicente, São Paulo) or of native origins (Paraiba, Roraima) . Names from rivers, bays and other landmarks were also common.
-And I don't need to say that "New Mecca" is equally implausible.

Sorry for Krall'ing your map, but if you want to use names in the right languages, make it so their native speakers will not laugh at it. And there are more creative names than "New ____", you know ;]. Using so can add much more depth to your maps, as the origin of the names can contribute giving even more information about your TL.

Good job with non-straight borders, though - many of them makes sense by following rivers and naturally defined regions, and are aesthetically pleasant.

Well, to be fair, maybe the PoD's far enough back where naming order is different and feminine/masculine is different.

I did that for a project I'm doing, though admittedly while some of the colonies are named after regions, their is nor Portugal or Spain, so I get to use that as an excuse.

Here's a rough draft from the AHN Universe, circa 2100.

..and I already notice something that needs fixed. Good thing it's just a rough draft. :D
Which would be...?
random borders in Africa (but that's OTL too :D)
Curve your borders in SW Canada :mad:
Comic Sans! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

;)

A map I made for a "Ameriwank Contest Thread". However the thread disapeared and I can't find it. So I decided to put it here.

Original POD: The Canadian Colonies join the Thirteen American Colonies in The American Revolution. This leads to numerous other PODS including (but not limited to)...

• Russian extent into what is OTL Yukon (However they still sell Alaska to The US)
  • The Mexican American War goes far better for The US than OTL. The War Hawks in Congress and National support for Manifest Destiny allow all the conquered territory to be annexed.
  • Greenland is sold to The US by The Scandinavian Union.
  • Cuba, The Philippines, Panama and Puerto Rico are incorporated into States after The Spanish American War.
  • Nazi German invasion of France a Complete failure. The German-French Alliance War (OTL WW2) ends in 1943 with a peace settlement. Germany is divided and chunks annexed by Netherlands, Denmark, Poland and France. USSR, UK and USA never enter the war.
  • Japan bombs Pearl Harbor. However the attempted invasion of The Philippines fails (Because it is more fortified since it is a US state instead of a territory). This allows the US to start their Island Hopping Campaign from The Philippines instead of Hawaii. Southern Japan is invaded by The US. In 1945 atomic bombs are dropped on Kyoto and Nagasaki. The invaded islands are officially annexed. The rest of Japan is turned into a Republic and becomes a major US ally.
  • The Korean War is far more successful for the UN-US forces. Due to the fact that the US is literally right next door (The states of Philippine, Shikoku and Kyushu). The Republic of Korea extends so far north that The People's Democratic Republic of Korea surrenders. Within a few years the small weak nation is annexed by The People's Republic of China.
  • The Vietnam war is also more successful for the US. Again because of The US's close proximity to the area.
  • Decolonization works out a bit differently. The Raj becomes The Commonwealth of Indiastan (Similar to OTL Commonwealth of Australia). The Commonwealth of Australia includes New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. South Africa remains a colony.
  • Israel is able to completely control The Sinai and Palestine. The Arab Nations decided not to invade Israel as OTL due to the fact that The US had never lost a single war. In TTL, the common stereotype about Americans is that they are War Loving Warriors (Kind of like a Modern Day Sparta).
  • However despite this Saudi Arabia still despises The State of Israel (Like OTL Iran). Saudi Arabia has extended far into The Middle East and has influence over many of The Arab Nations.
  • The fall of Communism ins The USSR is less radical. The East Asian Republics are still held, though The Caucuses and Middle Asian Republics leave as OTL. The Union of Russian Republics emerges from the USSR.
BaseMap.png

BaseMap.png

I made yet another version of my Y2K map for Eurofed's Ameriwank TL, this time for submission in the ameriwank map thread. THis one still has state borders, but I stole Africa from area11.

Also, every time I make a new version of the map I seem to give Japan more land.

2000 USAO 4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.