Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

Nearing the end of the alternate 2010s where alternate history 1960s space race fiction became big and hot off the heels of the end of Syfy's "Moonshot", AMC's "For All Mankind", and HBO's "Alpha Centauri 1961" in 2017 the Syfy Channel brings "Letter 44" to TV while AMC adapts Kim Stanley Robinson's "Red Mars".

https://comicbook.com/news/syfy-is-adapting-ronin-pax-romana-letter-44-and-clone-for-television/

1381973795000-Letter-44-cover.jpg

https://variety.com/2015/tv/news/red-mars-spike-series-order-1201656112/

kim-stanley-robinson-mars-triology.jpg

> britney spears manages to stop her label forcing Outrageous onto In The Zone
> breathe on me is ITZ’s fourth single
> Britney meets a dancer on set and falls in love, dumping kevin
> no injury and Britney either finishes the Onyx Hotel tour or ends it on her own terms due to fatigue
> Britney marries the dancer and they have kids together.
> Britney still faces a lot of press hounding and mental health issues but is overall in a better place
> Blackout still happens, the era goes a lot better >Britney is not put into the conservatorship as the circumstances are different enough
>we get the original circus “rock album” concept
>Britney releases a couple more albums, has amazing tours and is overall in a pretty good spot. she retires post 2020 and lives happily with her family on Maui.

world peace is probably achieved along the way :p

I just watched the first season of Hazbin Hotel, and well...

My most significant bone of contention was how they handled the revelation that an incel fratboy version of Adam ran the Exterminators and that the whole thing was about "social control" rather than "population control." I think those things should've been some kind of season finale revelation, not something that was shown in the first official non-pilot episode.

If I could've rewritten the first season, it would've gone something like this:

Adam, at the beginning, has the veneer of a kindly angelic being who seemingly gives Charlie a chance to redeem sinners. Then we have a season of "wacky" hijinks giving way to Angel and a few other sinners genuinely getting their act together and acting like good buddies. And THEN, at the season finale, comes the revelation that Adam is, in fact, an incel fratboy who was never sincere and orders the Exterminations, which were really just an attempt at population control, to be sped up out of pure spite. Then in season 2, we see Charlie and the trying-to-reform sinners reeling over this revelation and giving into despair over their efforts being for nothing.

Having Adam pretend to be a nice guy and then revealing himself to be a sadistic creep would've been a good twist, as would a season 2 story arc where the sinners backslide after reeling over the fact that their efforts to better themselves aren't going to spare them the Exterminators' blade.

While Hazbin Hotel was overall good, I felt the handling of its lore was a little bit clunky.

> britney spears manages to stop her label forcing Outrageous onto In The Zone
> breathe on me is ITZ’s fourth single
> Britney meets a dancer on set and falls in love, dumping kevin
> no injury and Britney either finishes the Onyx Hotel tour or ends it on her own terms due to fatigue
> Britney marries the dancer and they have kids together.
> Britney still faces a lot of press hounding and mental health issues but is overall in a better place
> Blackout still happens, the era goes a lot better >Britney is not put into the conservatorship as the circumstances are different enough
>we get the original circus “rock album” concept
>Britney releases a couple more albums, has amazing tours and is overall in a pretty good spot. she retires post 2020 and lives happily with her family on Maui.

world peace is probably achieved along the way :p

Also, based on the animated music video for "Break The Ice," I would've loved to see Britney pursue a voice acting career or have some kind of animated series centered around her.

Because even if you don't like pop music this video is LIT!

This is ranty but....

In any timeline where the words "FFVII" and "remake" are muttered together, Square Enix dosen't take a "stir the pot until it explodes" approach to dev interviews with regards to the FFVII Remake Trilogy, especially Rebirth and post-Rebirth marketing. There is nothing wrong with Remake trilogy in my opinion but the marketing, the constant insistence on it "adding back up to the original game"(note: there is no problem with that, I understand what the "keeping the inevitability" of Aerith's fate means to many, but what this does is not good business practices and can prove to be alienating) even when what we see could easily lead someone to conclude the opposite, actually tears apart the fandom rather than allow for speculation and have people end up sitting on the fence. I'm sorry, but Nomura and Kitase(basically the source of this stir the pot shit) REALLY need to take training in how to conduct themselves in interviews discussing speculative plot points. Hamaguchi is better on this regard.

I have a feeling that if we really are heading to AC as hard canon, and this isn't some "sequel trilogy", and people find out years later on their own how everything adds up and how Aerith is still dead, they might make peace with it even if they hoped for another outcome(and I think the Clerith crowd might accept the trade off if they have Aerith appear as a force ghost helping out the party at times and they canonize aspects of Maiden anyways), but what happens is this extreme throw the baby out of the bathwater, shoot-yourself-in-foot, counterproductive marketing that actually turns people off of the game because the final product.

Last edited:
This is ranty but....

In any timeline where the words "FFVII" and "remake" are muttered together, Square Enix dosen't take a "stir the pot until it explodes" approach to dev interviews with regards to the FFVII Remake Trilogy, especially Rebirth and post-Rebirth marketing. There is nothing wrong with Remake trilogy in my opinion but the marketing, the constant insistence on it "adding back up to the original game"(note: there is no problem with that, I understand what the "keeping the inevitability" of Aerith's fate means to many, but what this does is not good business practices and can prove to be alienating) even when what we see could easily lead someone to conclude the opposite, actually tears apart the fandom rather than allow for speculation and have people end up sitting on the fence. I'm sorry, but Nomura and Kitase(basically the source of this stir the pot shit) REALLY need to take training in how to conduct themselves in interviews discussing speculative plot points. Hamaguchi is better on this regard.

I have a feeling that if we really are heading to AC as hard canon, and this isn't some "sequel trilogy", and people find out years later on their own how everything adds up and how Aerith is still dead, they might make peace with it even if they hoped for another outcome(and I think the Clerith crowd might accept the trade off if they have Aerith appear as a force ghost helping out the party at times and they canonize aspects of Maiden anyways), but what happens is this extreme throw the baby out of the bathwater, shoot-yourself-in-foot, counterproductive marketing that actually turns people off of the game because the final product.
...there was debate about whether Aerith is dead or not? I thought it was pretty obvious.

...there was debate about whether Aerith is dead or not? I thought it was pretty obvious.
In the remake trilogy because they are doing a sort of "sequel" trilogy to the original game, or a complete rebuild. It was deliberately framed as ambiguous this time around and there is the very strong case that "Aerith lived in timeline B but not the main timeline" or "she did die but they significantly lessened the tragedy by having her go full Obi-Wan force ghost on the spot".

OG it was very inyourface and obvious that she's dead dead.

Last edited:
Instead of the "Zenon" movies 2000s era Disney instead makes a series of DCOM movies set in a far more futuristic 2000s where the 1960s space race never ended that had rotating ring space stations, Lunar bases, Mars and asteroid colonies with humanity at the beginning stages of developing generation ships and/or warp drives.
bd7ef797fa6f318362d581000144a6d9901687edd243b0bcd5101656bdcbdbf7._UR1920,1080_SX720_FMjpg_.jpg

Instead of the "Zenon" movies 2000s era Disney instead makes a series of DCOM movies set in a far more futuristic 2000s where the 1960s space race never ended that had rotating ring space stations, Lunar bases, Mars and asteroid colonies with humanity at the beginning stages of developing generation ships and/or warp drives.
bd7ef797fa6f318362d581000144a6d9901687edd243b0bcd5101656bdcbdbf7._UR1920,1080_SX720_FMjpg_.jpg

That does sound like an interesting idea, but I think the people who ran the Disney Channel might think the plot would be a little too complicated for kids.

In this timeline there are no J.J. Abrams "NuTrek" movies.

In 2012 a Hollywood adaptation of Iain M. Banks "Excession" is produced and receives rave reviews from critics and audiences alike reviving the "Space Opera" genre after the disappointment of the Star Wars prequels.
71X+knyztIL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_DpWeblab_.jpg

Around the same time HBO airs an adaptation of Vernor Vinge's "Zones of Thought" series that receives critical acclaim.
9780765399571.jpg

Last edited:
Road Rovers never goes off the air after just one season.

Even though I learned about the show only recently, from what little I see, it sounds like it could've been a decent show: fantastical plot but with wonderful animation and engaging characters.

Someone even went so far as to make a 3D animation of Colleen.

So yeah, I'd love for this show to get some revival or reboot with the animation this guy was using cut it is incredible.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say "one season" than one episode.

Last edited:
Road Rovers never goes off the air after just one episode.

Even though I learned about the show only recently, from what little I see, it sounds like it could've been a decent show: fantastical plot but with wonderful animation and engaging characters.
that series was fully dubbed in Spanish in venezuela and aired there..but now the dub is lost media

And that was a good thing, the series was terrible according to the few watched it

Gonna drop some story changes for the Mega Man X series. I'm far from a good writer, so feel free to tear this apart.

Mega Man X1: Effectively unchanged, other than giving X more than one line of dialogue.

Mega Man X2: The Japanese script is intact (including the references to Dr. Wily) and Fake Zero gets a boss fight.

Mega Man X3: Dr. Doppler is the final boss, the Nightmare Police is cut or has more to do and Iris makes an earlier appearance as a navigator; Repliforce themselves are foreshadowed in some way, so that their presence in the next game doesn't come out of nowhere.

Mega Man Xtreme: Is set after X3 instead of before it; Mac is the antagonist.

Mega Man Xtreme 2: Sigma isn't revealed as the twist villain; Gareth replaces him as the final boss.

Mega Man X4: A three-way war between the Hunters, Repliforce and Mavericks breaks out after Dr. Cain and other civilians are killed in the Sky Lagoon crash. Alia, Signas, Douglas and possibly Dynamo are introduced a game early. Ends on a bittersweet note, as Sigma crashes the Final Weapon into Earth, despite X and Zero's efforts.

Mega Man X5: A combination of OTL's X5 and X6; Capcom puts all their eggs into one basket and releases a much better game in 2001. Gate attempts to discredit the Maverick Hunters after the Earth's destruction through his own Reploids and uses the Nightmare to play into X and Zero's guilt; the latter especially, as visions of Iris and other Repliforce members appear (replacing Zero Nightmare). Thanks to Isoc, Zero succumbs to the Nightmare Virus and finally goes Maverick, though he recovers after X destroys the Nightmare Mother, which Gate fuses with for the final boss.

Mega Man X7: Red Alert are the antagonists and aren't controlled by Sigma. Zero is retired after the last game, due to his guilt, but eventually springs back into action. X briefly leads the Maverick Hunters and is willing to take Axl onboard, acting as a mentor figure to him. This would technically be X6, meaning X8 would be X7 and so on, but whatever.

Mega Man Xtreme 3: A filler game of sorts that gives Axl some character development and delves into his origins. The villain can be Sigma or someone else entirely (in the former's case, I think it makes sense for Axl to encounter him before the next game).

Mega Man X8: Dynamo replaces Vile and Dr. Wily's return is hinted at; I'm tempted to remove Palette and maybe Layer in favour of Douglas coming back, but I know both are fan favourites, so I'm not sure about that. Everything else, otherwise, is the same as before.

Mega Man X9: The last mainline X game and longest too, with ten Mavericks and a second set of final stages. Lumine takes control of Axl and continues his uprising; Dynamo replaces him as the third playable character. Sigma returns once more, but isn't permanently defeated, as the virus still lingers. The series culminates in a final battle against Dr. Wily.

Offscreen, before the events of Z1, Zero submits himself to science, while Axl is kept away in solitary confinement, with remnants of Lumine still lingering within. When the Elf Wars break out, Axl has his mind taken out or erased, but not before shapeshifting into a new body for Zero; this is based on a TV Tropes WMG I read a while back.

Command Mission: Still takes place in its own timeline, parallel to the Zero series. With a few more chapters, the plot would be more fleshed out and characters like Marino and Cinnamon would have more to do. The cliffhanger ending is followed through in a sequel.

Maverick Hunter X: Is a retelling of the first game with extra details added, rather than a continuity reboot; this would apply to a hypothetical Maverick Hunter X2 and so on.

Mega Man X Dive: A fun, non-canon crossover with the other Mega Man series, essentially a redo of X-Over.

Last edited:
Almost anyone who watched Drake and Josh thought Josh Is Done was the best episode of Drake and Josh and possibly one of the best things produced by Nickelodeon. In this case, it is how wacky sitcom antics and bullying another character actually has horrible consequences in real life.

But one thing that bugged me about the show was that there was never an episode in which Megan herself had to experience what Drake did, despite her doing far more harm to her brothers than Drake ever could do to Josh.

My own brother, when she saw the salsa episode, was so angry over Megan getting away with it that he ranted to me several times. Even though her actions weren't just annoying but straight-up lethal. It also annoyed me how the show would waver between making Megan a supervillain to her being only kind of a bully.

I wish Megan remained only a bit of a nuisance and prankster. And then there was an episode where she pranked Drake and Josh to a degree that damaged their lives and got her in trouble with her parents.

Last edited:
I my personal timeline
( politics )
1 ) trump never becomes a politician instead staring in a streaming show about him becoming a politician
2( the war on drugs is scaled back a ton than it is in our timeline and its more humane
3 the middle east is a but more tame but 9/11 in this timeline it is done by columbian narco terrorists instead of jihadists
4 school is a but more reformed and better for men so a majority of (school incidents) don't happen

5 woke ideology doesn't exist
6 historical figure's are more nuanced

video games

Tlou in this timeline doesn't exist

Sony never makes a majority of their exclusives be cinematic third person slop like in

God of war splits into two different series of games One of series follows kratos and his son in ancient northern europe and deals woth nordic mythology and another follows a nobody from the 21st century who goes back to ancient Britain and ireland and deals with celtic mythology

The us goverment has it own triple a gaming studio and makes quality games for the public education system

Rdr2 Has a majority of it cut content and mechanics released some plot points are actually being addressed like Abigail marstan being the snitch and dutch having a brain injury

Gta v is never made it is instead a animated show on netlfix

Gta 6 releases november 2023. And is a masterpiece and is controversial such as things it parodies such as the flu and eastern Europe war It doesn't feature jason or lucia it features ricardo who a cartel boss rose who is a police officer and kacey who is a gangster

Interplay never declares bankruptcy and theres a more prosperous pc gaming culture so fallout van buren actually releases and it is a masterpiece and it starts fallout mania including merchandise movies tv shows and dozens of spinoffs Also fallout 2 is a bigger game

Fallout tactics is not about the brotherhood of steel instead its a city builder/turn based strategy hybrid
Baldurs gate 3 black hound is released Instead of the woke baldurs gate 3 we have in our timeline

Critical role never exists so dnd isnt co-opted by all the theatre kids

Xbxo starts buying studios way earlier in my timeline so they have most of their games already released by april 2024

Notch doesn't get fired instead he gets in touch with the people running microsoft and they address some of his problems he has with the company

Cyberpunk is wayy better they never hire keanu revves as johhny silverhand instead they have a 8 part questline with keanue revves As a cameo the game has a less ugly aesthetic

The romances are better in my version and the voices in the game are less annoying

Instead of it being

Gay male v kerry
Straight male v panam

Gay female v judy
Straight female v river
You can romances anyone you want

Also theres multiple different ways to get legendary weapons so how it works in normal cyberpunk is certain missions or side quests you ca a get a legendary weapon in my timeline there 3 different ways to get each weapon the 3 ways are main quest / sidequests or in the overworld

Last edited:
I my personal timeline
( politics )
1 ) trump never becomes a politician instead staring in a streaming show about him becoming a politician
2( the war on drugs is scaled back a ton than it is in our timeline and its more humane
3 the middle east is a but more tame but 9/11 in this timeline it is done by columbian narco terrorists instead of jihadists
4 school is a but more reformed and better for men so a majority of (school incidents) don't happen

5 woke ideology doesn't exist
6 historical figure's are more nuanced

video games

Tlou in this timeline doesn't exist

Sony never makes a majority of their exclusives be cinematic third person slop like in

God of war splits into two different series of games One of series follows kratos and his son in ancient northern europe and deals woth nordic mythology and another follows a nobody from the 21st century who goes back to ancient Britain and ireland and deals with celtic mythology

The us goverment has it own triple a gaming studio and makes quality games for the public education system

Rdr2 Has a majority of it cut content and mechanics released some plot points are actually being addressed like Abigail marstan being the snitch and dutch having a brain injury

Gta 6 releases november 2023. And is a masterpiece and is controversial such as things it parodies such as the flu and eastern Europe war It doesn't feature jason or lucia it features ricardo who a cartel boss rose who is a police officer and kacey who is a gangster

Interplay never declares bankruptcy and theres a more prosperous pc gaming culture so fallout van buren actually releases and it is a masterpiece and it starts fallout mania including merchandise movies tv shows and dozens of spinoffs Also fallout 2 is a bigger game

Fallout tactics is not about the brotherhood of steel instead its a city builder/turn based strategy hybrid
Baldurs gate 3 black hound is released Instead of the woke baldurs gate 3 we have in our timeline

Critical role never exists so dnd isnt co-opted by all the theatre kids

Xbxo starts buying studios way earlier in my timeline so they have most of their games already released by april 2024

Notch doesn't get fired instead he gets in touch with the people running microsoft and they address some of his problems he has with the company

Cyberpunk is wayy better they never hire keanu revves as johhny silverhand instead they have a 8 part questline with keanue revves As a cameo the game has a less ugly aesthetic

The romances are better in my version and the voices in the game are less annoying

Instead of it being

Gay v straight v

Male v Kerry Panam

Female v Judy River

You can romances anyone you want

Also theres multiple different ways to get legendary weapons so how it works in normal cyberpunk is certain missions or side quests you ca a get a legendary weapon in my timeline there 3 different ways to get each weapon the 3 ways are main quest / sidequests or in the overworld
How does one define woke? And why do Columbians of all people do 9/11?

Gta 6 releases november 2023. And is a masterpiece and is controversial such as things it parodies such as the flu and eastern Europe war It doesn't feature Jason or Lucia it features Ricardo who a cartel boss Rose who is a police officer and Kacey who is a gangster
Why would GTA V not be an actual video game in the Grand Theft Auto series and have the series go from 4 to 6?