WI: Tom Cruise never becomes involved with Scientology

As it says on the tin.

Wikipedia says that Cruise became involved with Scientology in 1990 through his first wife, Mimi Rogers.

What if that never happens?

The POD could be that he simply marries a different woman.

Dunno, which was his faith before it? maybe become non-observant or become pasional in other faith?

Still would not be different, maybe more open life but still he would easily be where he is....

Dunno, which was his faith before it? maybe become non-observant or become pasional in other faith?

Still would not be different, maybe more open life but still he would easily be where he is....

He was Catholic. In fact, I think he said he was interested in becoming a priest.

He was Catholic. In fact, I think he said he was interested in becoming a priest.

Interesting idea
trivia6-cruisepriest-590x350.jpg

Mel Gibson is the obvious counter-example that being involved in more mainstream pursuits, albeit in his case the more extreme variety of said same, doesn't prevent you from going completely off the rails in Hollywoodland.

He's pretty well consistently had work, even when he seemed pretty insane so it's hard to say where his career would have gone. His weakest stretch of films is probably 2005-2010, but even there nothing is really bad, just not as good as some his later/earlier work. I'd say the biggest change would probably be his marriage with Katie Holmes, either it doesn't happens or lasts longer.