WI: More Colonies

What if the Thirteen Colonies weren't as consolidated as in OTL? That is, colonies like the Plymouth Colony, West and East Jersey, and maybe Maine (though they likely didn't have enough people) were still separate colonies into the 1770s? What affect would this have on the Revolution, and in the politics of the United States afterward? (Assuming that this doesn't derail the Revolution)

For convenience, let's try to keep the "everyone's butterflied away" comments to a minimum- yes, it's the most plausible, but I don't think it's the most interesting.

Maine was a seperate colony. Their problem was mismanagement by the proprietor. He died broke.

I hear that if New Haven and Plymouth had played a little smarter, they wouldn't've lost their independance. Their best chance would be to obtain charters before 1686, when the Dominion of New England was formed.

How do you feel about Vandalia?

What if? Hmm. Possibly no Constitution, or one that favors states with smaller populations. A unicameral senate? When the War of 1812 comes, maybe New England secedes? I doubt it, but whatever else, New England will have more votes in Congress.

The Fifteen Original Colonies?
http://members.aol.com/althist1/Sept02/fifteen.htm

Because God knows we need even more tiny states on the East Coast.:rolleyes:

It's like, "im in ur new england, makin ur senate unfair."

So that would mean less immigration to the new world which would create small states.

Would New England secede? I see them as the backbone of the revolution the ones who rose up before the southern colonies I don't think they would secede.

So that would mean less immigration to the new world which would create small states.

Would New England secede? I see them as the backbone of the revolution the ones who rose up before the southern colonies I don't think they would secede.

Considering that there was talk of it OTL, for the New Englanders didn't like the war against their biggest trading parter, it's not too far-fetched. It would be interesting to see how the Hartford Convention would play out with extra New England states.

Actually the South rose in rebellion first. It was their actions that forced New England into action.