Victoria; An Empire Under the Sun

I think America's off to a good start. :cool:

usa1840un1.png

YOU CONQUERED ALBERTA! YOU MANIAC! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

*sobbing* That's OUR land, you ungrateful little... er... ingrate!

Looks like Mexico is doing pretty well against Texas... not surprising, given that while Texas' army and leaders are very good, there are just not enough of them in the beginning, and AI-Texas tends to get pwned.

Faeelin

Banned
To be honest, I never enjoyed Victoria; the economic system was a bit too complex for me, and I felt more like a Communist Premier than the president of America.

midgardmetal said:
Looks like Mexico is doing pretty well against Texas... not surprising, given that while Texas' army and leaders are very good, there are just not enough of them in the beginning, and AI-Texas tends to get pwned.
I was just playing a game as Prussia,the ai US and UK went to war over Aroostock in 38 by 42 the US had createted a small independant Canada(parts of Quebec and Ontario) the UK owned the 4 NS provinces and the US the rest of Canada except for split claims in NWT,they had also bought NM& AZ from MEX and Annex Tex.

Nekromans said:
YOU CONQUERED ALBERTA! YOU MANIAC! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

*sobbing* That's OUR land, you ungrateful little... er... ingrate!
Thougt the western most povince was BC;)

midgardmetal said:
It's very unhistorical so I loaded up as Mexico and just ended the war with the borders as is. That's actaully the largest Texas I've ever seen.

Doeth - It's only 1840

Imajin - :confused: Maine is still Union blue. It's just the state I've currently selected.

HueyLong

Banned
I usually conquer Canada..... fully. And I believe I had Custer seize a lot of their colonial posessions out west.

Oh, and the expansion will add private initiative as being the main way of controlling the economy for capitalist governments.

HueyLong said:
I usually conquer Canada..... fully. And I believe I had Custer seize a lot of their colonial posessions out west.

Oh, and the expansion will add private initiative as being the main way of controlling the economy for capitalist governments.
Ugh, unless they're distracted with a war in Europe, war with Britain before 1870 is not fun.

Timmy811 said:
A year and a day after their dastardly attack, the Mexican Empire is on it's knees, it's armies crushed.

usa1844br4.png
One weak point about Vicky is this war. the US used less than 50,000 men to the Mexicans maybe a few more and here you have no fewer than 390,000:eek: I counted the divisions on the left. Just had an AI war with the UK and China fighting where China had 560+ divisions in 1854. That is at a minimum 56,000,000 men or about 1 in every 8 people in China in thier army. of course I have over 1300 divisions in my Prussian reserves and 576 divisions all with brigades attached in my Regular Army. I have however stayed out of all wars except the Danish War that I need to get Germany.

After much stuborness, in which the Mexicans wouldn't cave into my demands despite the fact that 95% of Mexico south of the Rio Grande was under occupation I forced the Mexican government to give up the northern half of the country.

usa1846bv2.png

Last edited:
Highlander said:
Oh jeez, now I have to get this game as well :rolleyes: :D

Is this one any good?

Well, it is made by the same people that made Europa Universalis, and there is a fan-made converter of save games between the two. The con is that there is a LOT of micromanagement, but if you don't mind that, it may be a game for you.

Highlander

Banned
midgardmetal said:
Well, it is made by the same people that made Europa Universalis, and there is a fan-made converter of save games between the two. The con is that there is a LOT of micromanagement, but if you don't mind that, it may be a game for you.

I prefer micromanagement, so that's perfect.

What I'm doing is waiting a bit, and saving up for an External Harddrive. Considering I am getting a bunch of games, I can just put them all on it.