Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid: A More Radical American Civil War

Important announcement: I have successfully finished my college major and obtained my title as a lawyer. My final test, sort-of the equivalent of the bar exam, was last Thursday. The initial results that same day said I had passed. Then they said there was a mistake and we all had to wait until today. But finally, it's official - I have graduated, thus closing a phase of my life and opening the door to a new one. It's almost funny... I started this timeline just before entering college, and I graduate college as I am about to finish it and at last begin a new chapter by delivering on the promised Reconstruction. It feels fitting, in a way.

I make this announcement, because during those years this TL was also an important part of my life - the work I phantasized about during boring classes, that I researched during breaks, that I was kept from during exams, and more than anything a source of relaxation and happiness. Happiness, not only for writing it, but because of all of you, who've showed your appreciation to a little project of mine, brigthening my days with discussion and engagement. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Congratulations!

Important announcement: I have successfully finished my college major and obtained my title as a lawyer. My final test, sort-of the equivalent of the bar exam, was last Thursday. The initial results that same day said I had passed. Then they said there was a mistake and we all had to wait until today. But finally, it's official - I have graduated, thus closing a phase of my life and opening the door to a new one. It's almost funny... I started this timeline just before entering college, and I graduate college as I am about to finish it and at last begin a new chapter by delivering on the promised Reconstruction. It feels fitting, in a way.

I make this announcement, because during those years this TL was also an important part of my life - the work I phantasized about during boring classes, that I researched during breaks, that I was kept from during exams, and more than anything a source of relaxation and happiness. Happiness, not only for writing it, but because of all of you, who've showed your appreciation to a little project of mine, brigthening my days with discussion and engagement. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Congratulations. Thanks for posting this Timeline.

Congratulations, I remember how much writing meant to me, though it was more fan fiction and Star Trek parodies and things like that when I was in-law school. I dabbled in alternate history, too.

Welcome to the Bar and remember if it's too m7ch pressure in court that it's okay to say no like I did and settle down to something simpler like estate planning and probate with not as much courtroom. But wherever the Lord leads. I am sure that you will do a great job.

Hi, dude.
I don't know if it means much from me, but congratulations! I'm very happy and proud of you, that's a major accomplishment!

Thank you to every single one of you that has commented anything, or even liked the post. It means a lot.

Congratulations! I hope to start university next year and plan on becoming a lawyer myself.
Nice to hear that, future colleague!

Congratulations, Red! While I am a physicist/electronic engineer by study (and programmer by career), I know that law is a really tough career to work with. The fact that you were able to finish the career and join the bar while writing high quality stories such as this one says a lot about your working skills. Keep it up!
Thank you, very much! Like I said this work, serving as a venue for relaxation and estimulation, helped me carry on.

Congratulations, I remember how much writing meant to me, though it was more fan fiction and Star Trek parodies and things like that when I was in-law school. I dabbled in alternate history, too.

Welcome to the Bar and remember if it's too m7ch pressure in court that it's okay to say no like I did and settle down to something simpler like estate planning and probate with not as much courtroom. But wherever the Lord leads. I am sure that you will do a great job.
Writing can indeed mean a lot, no matter what it is. And yes, I do want to keep my options open, thank you for your kind wishes.

I know you're going to make a good lawyer, the research you did for this just shows your knowhow for gathering, synthesizing, and putting together evidence. Good luck for your future endeavors!
Thank you! I certainly do feel like this has taught me a little more how to enjoy researching!

Congratulations on graduating.

So... what are your rates? 😛

Seriously though; congratulations on completing your goal.
If any user of AH.com ever comes to Ecuador you'll have a cheap and bilingual lawyer at your service!

Congratulations.

So what are your stand on lawyer jokes on this thread? /s
Allowed. Here's a good one:

The wall between Heaven and Hell has crumbled. As a result, God and the Devil hold a meeting, to see who has to pay for it, but they can't agree. So, they decide to reunite later now with their lawyer. The Devil arrives with the best lawyers, but God tells him the meeting is cancelled and that he will pay for the wall. "Why?" asks the Devil. "Because there are no lawyers in Heaven!"

Also, my guiding song

Congratulations! Well done! Will miss this TL, even though I've been a lurker! Hope you'll continue posting on the site :)
We've still got Reconstruction to go through :D Don't you worry.

Hi, dude.
I don't know if it means much from me, but congratulations! I'm very happy and proud of you, that's a major accomplishment!
Kind wishes mean much from anyone :)

Congratulations Red! Wishing you a bright future from the South Pacific.
Receiving your words with gratitude from Ecuador.