Thoughts on consequences of a total Polish defeat in the Soviet war of 1920

Will a Communist Poland make it easier for France and Russia to coordinate vs Germany in long run?

• Yes

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 58.0%

• Total voters
My question about this German-Reichswehr - Soviet collusion which I agree would be a temptation, and certainly likely for Berlin, is, what's the extent?
What is the most "tearing up of Versailles" that the Germans will attempt at this early date that they will (a) think they can get away with, (b) try to get away with, (c) actually get away with? Remember, defeat was just a little over a year before and the Allies occupy the Rhineland and bridges over the river.

So, are the Germans grabbing the Polish corridor (I think it likely, most do, but some posters have opined that the Wallies will jump on the Germans if they so much as do even this.), restoring the whole 1914 eastern border, with Posen provinz und Schliesen?
I am inclined to agree, namely, the most Germany would dare in this context would be the Polish Corridor. Germany might be able to co-ordinate, to an extent, with the USSR for de-facto recognition of this in exchange for not contesting Soviet intrusion into the Baltic States.

On the other hand, if the USSR does intrude into the Baltic States (and possibly Finland and, less likely, Turkey) this will certainly create tremendous concern in the West and Berlin will need to be VERY careful to not be seen as a Soviet ally but as a possible bulwark. In that regard, pursuit of Anschluss or any other revisions will undoubtedly be seen as too risky at this time. Especially because France will now be investing heavily into supporting the Little Entente in the absence of a friendly Poland; so German policy in Central Europe will be under extreme scrutiny.