These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Speaking of Africa a map showing the migration of the Voortrekkers would be pretty cool. Looks like they made it much further north than in this TL. I Also wonder if any Griqua/Baster states ended up being created from the migration of mixed race Afrikaans speaking people.

Speaking of Africa a map showing the migration of the Voortrekkers would be pretty cool. Looks like they made it much further north than in this TL. I Also wonder if any Griqua/Baster states ended up being created from the migration of mixed race Afrikaans speaking people.
There does happen to be a nation named Griqualand in southern Africa.

IMPERIALSEC 2023 world report
asn8P2M.png

Huh, I'm surprised by the higher support for Chairman Larri (and not at all surprised that few people seem to like the Regime East of Portugal).

I love the small details in this. Like the refusal to use any language indicating that the Empire’s project failed in America, or the lengthy list of corporate sponsors.

Infoboxes of Anthony Eden, William Douglas-Home (the Earl of Home), Margaret Scott, Carl Blair, Gordon Brown, David Cameron and Mary Truss
Hello, everyone! I've been charged with keeping this thread updated with the new lore being released on the Discord. With that, I present "Whatever happened to...?" courtesy of @Turquoise Blue, our co-author, and @VoidTemplar , one of our lore contributors.
k46ac58r2g7.png

Last edited:
Musician Tony Blair is great. What is "Game" music like?
I wasn't privy to the discussions about Blair as a musician so I don't know the context overall, but, basically, in the wake of returning veterans from the Bengal War in the late 70s and early 80s, the sounds of Nusantaran gamelan make their way into British popular music for a bit, getting distilled into a genre known as game (rhyming with "ham") - some artists play it acoustic on the gender and other less amusingly-named instruments, but the vast majority just program the sounds into a keyboard and make a sort of jangly fusion synth-pop out of it. I imagine it'd sound extremely 80s to in-universe Anglos in the same way the sitar's usage in rock music sounds extremely 60s.

Blair, starting out in Darwin with, I imagine, chamber/baroque pop (an OTL genre, also bleeding over into traditional pop), would have been introduced to gamelan before the British public in general; perhaps he'd use a twelve-string guitar to emulate Balinese ombak (the tuning of two bells in each instrument to almost but not quite the same pitch causing a "shimmering" effect), resulting in a jangly sound that, along with more explicit Nusantaran influence in his songwriting, makes him a proto-game artist despite not playing keys or any traditional instruments. Essentially, in game's acoustic spectrum from synth pop to jangle pop, he'd be on the latter end.