Status
Not open for further replies.
Soverihn laid the points in Colombia's favor out better than I could, and I'd also add that a common religion and growing national identity will also really help. The country will not be able to centralize quite yet, but once technology advances and regions become better connected it will become easier. Right now, Colombia is comparable in size to Russia and various Chinese dynasties, though I know their situations are quite different. At least Colombia will have shorter travel times due to the oceans and seas to connect their far-flung provinces, unlike either of the other empires.

Thank you for the information

Thanks, I searched it up and there were some good ideas in that thread. Interesting that having the Spanish crown flee to Mexico is a common POD. Things won't get as bad as any Draka-verse, but won't be sunshine and rainbows either.

Well other than the US not getting Florida it seems pretty sunshine-and-rainbows now. Spanish America is certainly better off than OTL.

Glad you like my ideas, such as they are. Keep up the good work with TTL.

Well other than the US not getting Florida it seems pretty sunshine-and-rainbows now. Spanish America is certainly better off than OTL.

What's so bad about Making Florida Great Again? ;)

BTW, a question posed to everyone. Emperor Francisco is still a bachelor, and his supporters are going to be nervous about there being no heirs. The courts would be searching for a bride for their emperor, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any bachelorettes who might have caught their eye? They're looking to increase the country's prestige and legitimacy, so she must be from European royalty, even if she's from a minor house or branch. They should also be about the same age, give or take ten years at most (Francisco would be 27 in 1821). Most importantly, she must, must be Catholic.

I figured anyone from Spain and France would be out, since they wouldn't want to be associating with the new nation too much. Which probably mostly leaves Austrian and various Italian nobility. What would relations between the Catholic and the Orthodox churches have been like then? If good, it might also open up possibilities in Russia. I have a couple candidates from previous searches, but I'd be interested to see if I'm missing anyone big.

I've been following the formation of this great nation from the beginning and I believe that it will grow to be a great and powerful land. As for a possible spouse for His Majesty the Emperor, I have some options that I think would be good; they are real royalty from OTL that were Catholic, Single and around his age in the year 1821. They are Princess Augusta Amalia Ludovika von Bayern of Bavaria Aged 33, Princess Caroline Augusta of Bavaria aged 29, Elisabeth Ludovika of Bavaria aged 20, and Amalie Auguste of Bavaria aged 20.

Very original PoD, interesting how this new Empire seems to be very progressive on matters of race.
Speaking of, had to Google the Huanca, still can't believe the alternative spellings.

Status
Not open for further replies.