The 1st 8 minutes of V.

It looks good, but they need to avoid cliches and well it feels alot like Heros so they need to avoid that to get an real fanbase.

Krall

Banned
It looks okay, but I do wonder why peaceful aliens don't contact humans BEFORE they enter the atmosphere, scare the hell out of billions of people, and cause general chaos.

It looks okay, but I do wonder why peaceful aliens don't contact humans BEFORE they enter the atmosphere, scare the hell out of billions of people, and cause general chaos.

Easy, they're aliens, to them this is probably what they would expect or want from someone else. It could be a veiled show of power or it could be a way to test the planet to see how they deal with the unusual.

Looking at all the different customs in Earth and different greetings or customs it isn't that surprising. I remember almost getting into a fight with a brit my friend was dating over a misunderstanding on closeness. Turns out it is a lot different in Britain. Taking into consideration they are from a different galaxy, customs are probably a bit different.

The kids on TV said my thoughts exactly. This is "Independence day". And the beginning looks far too hectic. I will probably watch it, but I'm not getting any hopes up.

Could be cause they do understand and this would be a great psychological method enmass on humanity to demonstrate our total loss of control to them. :rolleyes:

Keenir

Banned
I read in an interview that, while the original V had them modeled after Nazis (and their rise to power), this new V "has to be relevant in the 9/11 world".

yes, that includes sleeper Visitors already on Earth pretending to be human.

What if we were hostile? Knowing they were coming would give us an opportunity to plan an attack on them.

Perhaps they didn't know the planet was inhabited when they left and only just realized it after dropping out of hyperspace (or whatever) and entering the atmosphere.

Maybe they've been trying, but for some reason humans don't seem to have invented even the most primitive subspace transmitter/receiver.

Could be tradition.

It is possible that their psychology is such that they see aliens appearing overhead as a promising and exciting thing (instead of frightening) and didn't want to ruin the surprise by telling us they were coming.

Might be that they overlooked the idea of transmitting communication across distance electronically, relying on video screens instead.

What if they were just having some fun with us?

Or if they wanted to grow a clone of one of us before attempting to communicate, and it was only ready after they'd entered the atmosphere.

Could be that they're intergalactic repo men/landlords. Somebody forgot to pay a bill and we have to be evicted.

It's a first contact of two species that are totally and completely alien of one another. The interaction between us is going to be more complex and more difficult than our interaction with any other species on this planet because of the alien-ness.

Well, David icke has a new source of inspiration.

David Icke already knows about V, from the old series. He - and my Mum - used to go around saying 'See that V, eh? Eh? Eh? Too close to the truth, so it is. Mark my words - they won't ever let that be on telly again, begorrah!'

The kids on TV said my thoughts exactly. This is "Independence day". And the beginning looks far too hectic. I will probably watch it, but I'm not getting any hopes up.
Maybe you should have listened to the kid after who said, "And Independence Day ripped off the other predecessors of alien invasion movies" (or something like that)

The original V aired in the 80s:rolleyes:

Maybe you should have listened to the kid after who said, "And Independence Day ripped off the other predecessors of alien invasion movies" (or something like that)

The original V aired in the 80s:rolleyes:

Fair enough. But since I have seen ID, and haven't seen the 80s version of V, the connection in my mind is with ID ;)

David Icke already knows about V, from the old series. He - and my Mum - used to go around saying 'See that V, eh? Eh? Eh? Too close to the truth, so it is. Mark my words - they won't ever let that be on telly again, begorrah!'

Didn't you know? The series "V" was actually created by Icke's reptilians, to introduce the idea of lizardmen in a silly sci-fi way, so when stories of the real alien overlords leaked out, no one would take them seriously. We'd all just roll our eyes and say, sure, David Icke's Visitors are coming, everybody run and hide. Which is exactly what they want. They want us to stay unprepared!

Possible Spoiler. Possible cause I don't remember the source. Maybe it was the Syfy sneak peak. I'm not sure:rolleyes::eek: So just in case, Im going to make it white. It answers the question about weather they knew about us before they arrived.

If I remember right, I saw a sneak peak where they show that the Visitors had infiltrated the earth before their arrival. Having fake passports that were impossible to tell normally from the real.