Retired, now what?

I thought of one thing, i never see TLs about what happens when a person ends a career and have to think about what to do now. As ýou see there have already been butterflies becauce he has won so much in Tennis. He broke Connors records and have two Grand slams under his belt.

In December 2009 Tennisplayer Mats Svensson, age 35 walked off the tennis court in the Stockholm open after his final game of his career. He was considered the best tennisplayer ever. He had won a Grand slam twice in 2001 and 2002. In 2001 he was overshadowed two days later by the events in New York, he was still in the city and had taken a few weeks off from Tennis, he ended up stuck in New York for a week. He had won Wimbledon every year between 1998 and 2007, Australian open five times in a row between 1999 and 2003, French open 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2008 and US open 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005 and the ATP finals 2000, 2002 and 2005 plus the Olympics in 1992, 1996, 2000 and 2004. He had a fortune of 450 million in cash, 300 million in various stocks, and many more in properties. He was set for life. But what would he do now? He had married his childhood sweatheart Anneli and they had four children, two boys age 7 and 11 and two girls age 3 and 9. They lived in a house in the hometown of Västerås in Sweden. Annelie had worked part time as a nurse at the hospital to be able to travel with him on the tour, but now she could be a full time worker.

But what is a wealthy tennis player to do when retired. Stay at home dad and work on the stock market? Learn a trade and go to work five times a week? Write books?

He went to the shower, put on his clothes and met his family at the car.

When driving home on E18 he talked with his wife

”So, now i am retired, what do i do now”

Annelie smiled ”I do not know what you are to do, but i know what i will do on Monday. Get up and go to work. We have enough money, you cant spend it all. We have a house in Västerås, and appartment in London, Stockholm, New York, a bungalow in Hawaii. You can always take the camping car and go skiing. You have the entire life ahead of you.”

”Yes, i know i have a lot of places to go, but..” he could not continue before she laughed

”Oh, poor litle rich man, you are one of the richest man in the world and have a happy family that love you. We have a gym in the house that i hope that you use. I do not want a potato to come home to.”

As you notice i posted here in post 1900 and thus he will not go into politics