Political Effects of a Worsened Polish-Saxon Crisis

The Polish-Saxon Crisis was a crisis that began when Russia wanted most of Poland and Prussia was hopeful of getting all of Saxony. Austria and Britain hoped to enlist France in order to avert the crisis and we had the result of Poland being partitioned once again.

Now suppose that the Russians and Prussians didn't back down on their demands, what would the political fallout from a worsened Polish-Saxon Crisis be?

Razgriz 2K9

Banned
Depends on if Napoleon still intervenes, if he does then any disagreements will be ironed over to kill/exile him.

Otherwise, Polish-Saxon Crisis would obviously lead to war and great mistrust between the powers. Obviously considering the large number of Russian troops around and that they're well trained, I expect victory to fall on the Russo-Prussian alliance, and their plans met anyway. Any further designs either Alexander I or Friedrich William III might have in a Polish-Saxon War victory would be on them.

Depends on if Napoleon still intervenes, if he does then any disagreements will be ironed over to kill/exile him.

Otherwise, Polish-Saxon Crisis would obviously lead to war and great mistrust between the powers. Obviously considering the large number of Russian troops around and that they're well trained, I expect victory to fall on the Russo-Prussian alliance, and their plans met anyway. Any further designs either Alexander I or Friedrich William III might have in a Polish-Saxon War victory would be on them.

Additional designs that lead to Russia-Prussia kicking butt or having their butts handed to them?

I'm actually hoping that Napoleon would wait and see in case the crisis escalates though, since I kinda wished his kid Napoleon II would come to power.

If Napoleon, upon his return, made it expressly clear he would abide by the terms that Austria and Britain demanded I could see them accepting him as the Lesser of Two Evils in the face of Russia running roughshod over everything. At the very least, if he returns once the fighting has already started there will be a small window of time where the two of them won't be able to fight both him and Russia and they're already fighting Russia.

This could be an interesting way to get Napoleonic France and an Independent Poland without a France Wank. Of course the most difficult part is still Napoleon's Personality, namely getting him to actually accept such a vastly reduced France.

However I don't think that is impossible. His Defeat and Exile could be a good way to inspire him to do some honest "Soul Searching".

This could also lead to the most awesome Dream Team in Military History; Napoleon, Wellington, and Archduke Charles, on the Same Side. Although that sounds less like Plausible Alt-History and more like a Buddy Cop, er, Buddy General Movie..
Charles: "Okay Napoleon, we've had our differences, and I just want to be clear, we'll be doing this By the Book. Okay"
Napoleon: "Aw Hell Naw, the only Rules I follow are my Own maaaaaaan."
Wellington: "When this is Done, I'm takin' Both your Bicornes, Ye'hear?"

If Napoleon, upon his return, made it expressly clear he would abide by the terms that Austria and Britain demanded I could see them accepting him as the Lesser of Two Evils in the face of Russia running roughshod over everything. At the very least, if he returns once the fighting has already started there will be a small window of time where the two of them won't be able to fight both him and Russia and they're already fighting Russia.

This could be an interesting way to get Napoleonic France and an Independent Poland without a France Wank. Of course the most difficult part is still Napoleon's Personality, namely getting him to actually accept such a vastly reduced France.

However I don't think that is impossible. His Defeat and Exile could be a good way to inspire him to do some honest "Soul Searching".

This could also lead to the most awesome Dream Team in Military History; Napoleon, Wellington, and Archduke Charles, on the Same Side. Although that sounds less like Plausible Alt-History and more like a Buddy Cop, er, Buddy General Movie..
Charles: "Okay Napoleon, we've had our differences, and I just want to be clear, we'll be doing this By the Book. Okay"
Napoleon: "Aw Hell Naw, the only Rules I follow are my Own maaaaaaan."
Wellington: "When this is Done, I'm takin' Both your Bicornes, Ye'hear?"

How about his son Napoleon II? Would he be a suitable choice for the French throne? Barring that, there's also the issue of Louis XVIII who would naturally object to the return of the Bonaparte dynasty. And who gets to rule an independent Poland and will a restored Polish kingdom actually weaken Prussia in the long run now that they're cut off from the rest of the Prussian lands in Central Europe?

That's another interesting possibility. Napoleon offering to aid Britain and France against Russia in return for them guaranteeing the French Throne to Napoleon II and then Abdicating once the war is over would be a really interesting idea.

That could get a Napoleonic France without Napoleon I's personal issues, although it would still require a fairly significant Personality Change for Napoleon.

I don't know who would become King of Poland (I don't know enough about what random Nobles were sitting around at the time), but if the PoD is Prussia and Russia getting into a fight with Austria-Britain-France and eventually losing, Prussia being weakened in the long run would be just what Austria would be looking forward to, and not surprising.

That's another interesting possibility. Napoleon offering to aid Britain and France against Russia in return for them guaranteeing the French Throne to Napoleon II and then Abdicating once the war is over would be a really interesting idea.

That could get a Napoleonic France without Napoleon I's personal issues, although it would still require a fairly significant Personality Change for Napoleon.

I don't know who would become King of Poland (I don't know enough about what random Nobles were sitting around at the time), but if the PoD is Prussia and Russia getting into a fight with Austria-Britain-France and eventually losing, Prussia being weakened in the long run would be just what Austria would be looking forward to, and not surprising.

I was actually thinking that Russia and Prussia won't have to win big or lose big. Just to force a revision of the peace terms. Though the Bourbons will still raise hell. If Nappy sides with Britain, then that would mean that Louis XVIII might be forced to turn to the Russians and Prussians in order to get his throne. Could we end up with a War of French Succession in this case?