Plausibility Check: 21st Century nomadic peoples and renewable energy.

So, I was having a discussion with a friend about the benefits of the Euro/EU (as we're both living in southern Europe, it's kind of a thorny issue, even though we're both opposed to how the issue's been handled by the usual far right populist mob), and I joked about establishing an union of Mediterranean states on all three shores of said sea, filling the Fezzan with solar panels in order to lessen dependence on Russian oil, and turning the Tuareg into the caretakers and maintainers of said panels, in such a way that they'd be able to keep their nomadic ways while reaping the benefits of modernity, by going from place to place and panel to panel, fixing them as needed, and being paid for it.

He thought my shitpost was brilliant for some reason, so I wondered about the possibility of employing other nomadic or formerly nomadic peoples, such as the Irish Travellers and the Romani, making them literally follow the sun or wind currents on pimped out wheels, while selling the resulting energy to businesses and houses in all of Europe. Now, of course, this is just a hot take, but would there be any way to make this happen, given the right POD? It'd go wonders in battling systemic unemployment and discrimination among some of those peoples, at least. :p

I know @Jonathan Edelstein did something like that in the Sahel, so... :D