PC: Effects of Sucessful Manning Trade?

As we knew, Archie Manning, Father of the Current(one already retired) Manning Bros, QB of Broncos and Giants Respectly was almost his whole career(taking a one year sting with oilers and vikings at the end of his career) the QB of New Orleans Saints, and during their bad era he was considered a good player in a otherwise terrible team.

Seems Some people in Saints wanted to trade him to try with another team needed for a QB? Which one? The Green Bay Packers.
The Deal feel because Saints Backup who was to remplaced manning, Bobby Scott got hurt during a bizzare accident and make necessary to keep him, the Packers desesperate, traded a high amount of draft picks for John Hadl who ended being a bust and doomed packers for mediocrity per years.

Let's say that bizzare accident didn't happen and the trade goes smothly and packers keep more pick they surrendered in real life, besides rams will be doomed to mediocrity will packers capitalize that? Let's remeber that By 1978, Green Bay did contend for a playoff spot. They finished tied with the Vikes for the division title. If they had Manning, they probably win the division that year, and he may have made a big difference for them in 1979 and in the next few years after that because the Central Division was pretty weak back then, and didn't have an elite team until Chicago emerged in 1984.

Might have Manning get good numbers with better organization and with Bart Startt later as coach maybe getting deep into playoff before the Bearevolution of Ditka happen in chicago?

How Might affect Manning Family? by 1974 neither of any manning bros have born yet...

If the Saints get the picks that the Rams got from GB, they would have had three first rounders in 1975 (they originally had two because of a trade with the Jets). I can see NO trading two of those picks to Baltimore along with another pick (and maybe a player) for the #1 overall pick and getting Bartkowski instead of Atlanta.

I also agree with you about GB winning the division in 1978 (and maybe even making the playoffs in 81 and 83 with Archie), although I don't think the Rams would be doomed to mediocrity. They had a good team already without that trade.

If the Saints get the picks that the Rams got from GB, they would have had three first rounders in 1975 (they originally had two because of a trade with the Jets). I can see NO trading two of those picks to Baltimore along with another pick (and maybe a player) for the #1 overall pick and getting Bartkowski instead of Atlanta.

I also agree with you about GB winning the division in 1978 (and maybe even making the playoffs in 81 and 83 with Archie), although I don't think the Rams would be doomed to mediocrity. They had a good team already without that trade.
Nice Thoughts, yeah 81 and 83 were far closer that i used to think they were, lets review each of those year how packers chances would have been:

1978 as mentioned, there was the tied game with the Viking, winning make them win the division by default...to face off the rams...who seems they will not fall as badly as OTL and might get into playoffs as OTL and Rams crushed Vikings...maybe they would still loss but by less margin...

IN 1981 when they loss the game by less that one touchdown and that would allow to steal the division over the bucaneers(sorry tampa bay fans, you still wll have the bandits) the cowboys would have still take them out of Playoffs(but not shootdown i can imagine 14-45 with manning throwing an interception to start the manning family legacy of interceptions at playoffs), the rest goes as otl as the catch happen and Montana won his first ring as OTL.

In 1983 when Packers got the biggest overtime game..i can imagine them winning the Vikings and Lions game, heck with a little of luck beating the bears at the last game of the week....let's say the won those 3 games, they knockdown the 49ers of the number 2 seed and be the one reciving the Joe Cool team...the game was ultra close..maybe packers win that and pass to next round(and manning got his first playoffs win?) the next game against washington was as close as otl...would they win the Conference but got loss the superbowl against the Raiders team of destiny? for packers fan going to superbowl back since lombardy era would be a massive bonus.

But them 1984 was his retirement year, maybe as otl the packers chose randy wright or as they need a QB, select Boomer Easton over the bengals? manning is already 34 years old, i can imagine linging a final year but still 1984 was a close year too, with another overtime game decided by less that a touchdown and two games decided by less that one too. Winning those game mean knocking down bears(sorry you still have 1985 or not even that....) and knocking down the Redsking to N°3 Seed meaning the packers host the game...and packers got the homefield advantage...but Joe Cool is waiting in Candlestick...as the packers might not get shootdown...i think another manning game ended in interception...and that did would be Archie Final year..

so 1985 draft... there is Cunningham, Flutie among others....how they would have unfold in the packers? what would have been of Wright and Majik Man here?