Of lost monkeys and broken vehicles

I can see the border shifts to the Ardas river but not greece owning all of the sea of Marmara..as for the military thread it could be stipulated that no military port be built in the area..after all with a navy turkey can't do anything
I agree I don't think Bulgaria would be fine with losing the rhodope mountains or have all territory south of the Maritza river be Greek. They'd quickly go insane.

Idk about Greece getting all of the Marmara straits or not I'd think they would have a good chance of getting the coasts if the Turks unconditionally surrender. I've no idea if the USSR would allow that tho although I'd expect the punishment to be as bad as Germany's.

I had posted this map a way back which seems relevant again, which was admittedly heavily favoring Greece. I think post-war borders really depend on when Turkey surrenders. The earlier they cave the better their odds of being allowed to keep territory on the Marmara. At minimum I would expect Caria and European Constantinople to go to Greece and more to be carved off for the Soviet SSR's and some sort of Kurdish state.

Attachments

• 1945+capitals+flags.png
    1945+capitals+flags.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 413
I had posted this map a way back which seems relevant again, which was admittedly heavily favoring Greece. I think post-war borders really depend on when Turkey surrenders. The earlier they cave the better their odds of being allowed to keep territory on the Marmara. At minimum I would expect Caria and European Constantinople to go to Greece and more to be carved off for the Soviet SSR's and some sort of Kurdish state.
I personally think Greece will leverage the WAllies wanting the unconditional surrender of Germany, Italy and Japan to ensure Turkey unconditionally surrenders so Greece could take as much as they want to.

Greece in this map is pleasing to look at... I dont think Georgia would get that much of Pontus.
I wonder how Artsakh/eastern borders of Armenia looks itl? Does it follow the borders of First Armenian Republic, otl Nagorno Karabakh or the Karabakh council?

Greece in this map is pleasing to look at... I dont think Georgia would get that much of Pontus.
I wonder how Artsakh/eastern borders of Armenia looks itl? Does it follow the borders of First Armenian Republic, otl Nagorno Karabakh or the Karabakh council?
1663496748086.png

I do agree it's a bit too far but it's not that far off of otl Soviet designs on turkey. Considering we'd see Kurdistan pop up too it'd be interesting how Lake Van gets fought over by the various players there.
1663497589687.png

This was the map for Armenia and basically Armenia's eastern borders are close to Wilsonian Armenia and post WWII the country would be close to Wilsonian Armenia expect that they don't have a coast.

Hmm ittl would Kurdistan try to get through the Arabs to get some coast?

Last edited:
How about this then? I shifted the border with Bulgaria north a bit and expanded the USSR into Trebizond. I think my giving Greece Cyprus is optimistic given British shenanigans. Caria feels somewhat off considering the Greeks left but the Turks were going to annex Syrmna when the Turks left so I guess it's even. I'd be interested in the populations of Armenia and Georgia in this tl considering both but especially Armenia are quite a bit larger.

Attachments

• HELLAS 1946 2.png
    HELLAS 1946 2.png
    80.8 KB · Views: 331
How about this then? I shifted the border with Bulgaria north a bit and expanded the USSR into Trebizond. I think my giving Greece Cyprus is optimistic given British shenanigans. Caria feels somewhat off considering the Greeks left but the Turks were going to annex Syrmna when the Turks left so I guess it's even. I'd be interested in the populations of Armenia and Georgia in this tl considering both but especially Armenia are quite a bit larger.
Tbf I think Cyprus will be given to Greece when the US finds British shenanigans to be too perfidious really.

I think Armenia would get Wilsonian Armenia borders except the coast bit due to the pic I posted even with Kurdistan running around. Also Assyria seems to be alive and well and will annex the Mosul triangle. At least Armenia gets to Lake Van.

Tbf I think Cyprus will be given to Greece when the US finds British shenanigans to be too perfidious really.

I think Armenia would get Wilsonian Armenia borders except the coast bit due to the pic I posted even with Kurdistan running around. Also Assyria seems to be alive and well and will annex the Mosul triangle. At least Armenia gets to Lake Van.
If you include the van it's gonna shift the demographics of Armenia as a whole and expelling the Kurds/Turks leave it depopulated and I very much doubt Armenia can repopulate it. Assyria seems optimistic as it would be surrounded by likely hostile states with a tiny population unable to defend itself.

If you include the van it's gonna shift the demographics of Armenia as a whole and expelling the Kurds/Turks leave it depopulated and I very much doubt Armenia can repopulate it. Assyria seems optimistic as it would be surrounded by likely hostile states with a tiny population unable to defend itself.
I don't think the USSR gives a shit about population dynamics. I could see the USSR using Russians and Ukrainians to repopulate the area if the Armenians can't repopulate it.

For Assyria it's more that we have a major group that's working against the axis in the ME being the Assyrians. Maybe they ally with the US/Iran and Israel? Hopefully Iran doesn't go Islamist or Assyria is fucked.

I don't think the USSR gives a shit about population dynamics. I could see the USSR using Russians and Ukrainians to repopulate the area if the Armenians can't repopulate it.

For Assyria it's more that we have a major group that's working against the axis in the ME being the Assyrians. Maybe they ally with the US/Iran and Israel? Hopefully Iran doesn't go Islamist or Assyria is fucked.
So a Middle Eastern disconnected Kaliningrad?

So a Middle Eastern disconnected Kaliningrad?
It'd be more like transnistria where some areas are Russian within the SSR of Armenia. I would see the Armenians try to populate it to the best of their ability tho, Lake Van was one of their population centres in the past.

For example I could see the USSR telling the Arabs to give them aremenians in the ME.

Last edited:
Hmmm, the discussion reminds me a bit of the discussions taking place among Greeks during WW2, when pretty much everyone was certain that Greece's contributions and sacrifices would inevitably mean that her legitimate demands would be accepted post-war, and the only thing was to define these demands. In the end, due to a combination of early Cold War politics (Soviet backing of Bulgaria and Albania) and Greece's own weakness (early stages of the civil war, complete dependence on UK and US), nothing was gained apart from the Dodecanese. TTL will be better, especially if Greece has a seat at the table as an independent power as early as 1943, but not necessarily by much.

The basic strategic calculations still apply TTL, especially concerning the negative role the Soviets will play:
* re Turkey, unless the Powers reduce Turkey to a rump state and decide on a kind of containment policy to permanently keep the country down, Turkey, due to her size, location, and long-term prospects will remain a valuable prize for any of the two sides of the Cold War conflict. But after the experiences with Versailles and Germany, I doubt anyone thinks this is a viable option. Both the West and the Soviets may therefore play the long game and not want to antagonize the Turks too much by stripping away territories which are clearly Turkish (regardless of what they were a generation earlier). Stalin especially is very likely to forfeit some of his more extreme claims in order to appear more friendly to the Turks, and for the same reason (and as it dovetails with Soviet interests) he is likely to fight tooth and nail against any gains by Greece in western Turkey.
* re concessions in Macedonia, it depends on each country: IIRC, Greece and the exiled Yugoslav government had all but agreed on Greece's demands in the Doiran area IOTL, so if ITTL the royal Yugoslav government maintains power after the war, these are likely to happen
* re Bulgaria, they will flip sooner or later, and the Soviets will back them, come what may. The UK/US may also not want to alienate them, especially if Bulgaria's post-war loyalties are still 'in play' ITTL and not firmly in the Soviet camp. If OTL is any guide their behavior in the occupied territories will earn them hostility, and the WAllies having fought and bled against them unlike OTL will play a significant role, but I doubt the Greeks will get all they want, especially in the horse-trading that will follow.

And because similar discussions will be taking place ITTL among the Greeks, with possibly even more grandiose claims put forward, there is very much the possibility that in TTL the Greeks will get their own 'mutilated victory' after WW2, as the Italians did after WW1.

Last edited:
Hmmm, the discussion reminds me a bit of the discussions taking place among Greeks during WW2, when pretty much everyone was certain that Greece's contributions and sacrifices would inevitably mean that her legitimate demands would be accepted post-war, and the only thing was to define these demands. In the end, due to a combination of early Cold War politics (Soviet backing of Bulgaria and Albania) and Greece's own weakness (early stages of the civil war, complete dependence on UK and US), nothing was gained apart from the Dodecanese. TTL will be better, especially if Greece has a seat at the table as an independent power as early as 1943, but not necessarily by much.

The basic strategic calculations still apply TTL, especially concerning the negative role the Soviets will play:
* re Turkey, unless the Powers reduce Turkey to a rump state and decide on a kind of containment policy to permanently keep the country down, Turkey, due to her size, location, and long-term prospects will remain a valuable prize for any of the two sides of the Cold War conflict. But after the experiences with Versailles and Germany, I doubt anyone thinks this is a viable option. Both the West and the Soviets may therefore play the long game and not want to antagonize the Turks too much by stripping away territories which are clearly Turkish (regardless of what they were a generation earlier). Stalin especially is very likely to forfeit some of his more extreme claims in order to appear more friendly to the Turks, and for the same reason (and as it dovetails with Soviet interests) he is likely to fight tooth and nail against any gains by Greece in western Turkey.
* re concessions in Macedonia, it depends on each country: IIRC, Greece and the exiled Yugoslav government had all but agreed on Greece's demands in the Doiran area IOTL, so if ITTL the royal Yugoslav government maintains power after the war, these are likely to happen
* re Bulgaria, they will flip sooner or later, and the Soviets will back them, come what may. The UK/US may also not want to alienate them, especially if Bulgaria's post-war loyalties are still 'in play' ITTL and not firmly in the Soviet camp. If OTL is any guide their behavior in the occupied territories will earn them hostility, and the WAllies having fought and bled against them unlike OTL will play a significant role, but I doubt the Greeks will get all they want, especially in the horse-trading that will follow.
I largely agree but the Turks will have to make some territorial concessions. My main concern is how much is too much.

I largely agree but the Turks will have to make some territorial concessions. My main concern is how much is too much.
Oh yes, how much, and to whom. If I were a Turkish leader in this war, and defeat stared me in the face, I would agree ceding some remote, underpopulated, and economically insignificant mountain provinces in the northeast to Uncle Joe (not the full extent of the Soviet demands, of course, but some border areas) and align myself with the USSR to keep him happy, and in turn gain his backing against the Greeks, whose claims are for prime real estate. There is the precedent of Kemal's cooperation with the Soviets for this, after all.

Basically Greek demands are 1. Constantinople 2. Cyprus 3. Caria 4. Rest of the Marmara straits for Turkey. There's no way Greece doesn't at least get back their original possessions although I don't think Greece will get much out of Bulgaria communist or no, so that border wouldn't change much. There's no way in hell Greece gets northern Thrace and I'd expect it to be used against the Soviets during the horse-trading. I also think Greece fully got northern Epirus although I'm not 100% sure about that.

I personally think that the USSR will play along with Greece in demanding Turkish unconditional surrender so they get more stuff out of Turkey while turning Turkey against the US and the capitalists since Greece would be robbing Turkey of its best land while the USSR won't get to important black sea ports in the Pontus and the Armenian Highlands are relatively thinly populated. Turkey would be seen like ME Germany in being absolutely bloodthirsty while also being recognised as the birthplace of Hitlerite fascism (Hitler was a Kemal fanboy) so everyone had an interest in ensuring Turkey is reduced into a rump state.
Oh yes, how much, and to whom. If I were a Turkish leader in this war, and defeat stared me in the face, I would agree ceding some remote, underpopulated, and economically insignificant mountain provinces in the northeast to Uncle Joe (not the full extent of the Soviet demands, of course, but some border areas) and align myself with the USSR to keep him happy, and in turn gain his backing against the Greeks, whose claims are for prime real estate. There is the precedent of Kemal's cooperation with the Soviets for this, after all.
I'd agree on these actions and the Soviets would like to have control over the Marmara straits. A war between a us and USSR led Turkey(s) or a civil war in Turkey where the USSR side wins then does this would be interesting.

Basically Greek demands are 1. Constantinople 2. Cyprus 3. Caria 4. Rest of the Marmara straits for Turkey. There's no way Greece doesn't at least get back their original possessions although I don't think Greece will get much out of Bulgaria communist or no, so that border wouldn't change much. There's no way in hell Greece gets northern Thrace and I'd expect it to be used against the Soviets during the horse-trading. I also think Greece fully got northern Epirus although I'm not 100% sure about that.
I believe the name you might be looking for when it comes to describing item 4) is Bithynia or the former Thema Optimatoi.

Last edited:
I would argue that a Greece that will end up being the only active European warfront for the Western Allies for 2 or 3 years while facing Italy, Germany, Bulgaria, and Turkey has considerably more prestige and influence than a Greece that was fully occupied by May 1941. Greece IOTL was nothing but a government in exile with only token formations contributing to the war effort. They fought the Italians bravely but fell rapidly to the Germans once they intervened.

Greece ITTL has the distinction of being the first country to actually stop a German blitzkrieg. Greece accomplished something that France and Britain combined failed to do. Rational people will argue there was a big difference in size of forces, access to supplies, ability to supply the front and size of the front that all contributed to Greece being able to pull it off but considering it was surely played massively in propaganda in the UK and USA when it happened these sorts of things can take on a life of their own. I am sure post-war many papers will be written about how Greece's unique geography, distance from core axis areas, and relatively sparse rail net made it impossible to conquer in anything but a long slog but at the moment and in the immediate post-war the perception is going to be the plucky, brave Greeks stood down the axis war machine.

Greece continues to have hundreds of thousands of soldiers fighting and dying on 2 separate fronts. Their navy has played a large role in neutering the Turkish navy and has contributed immensely in fighting the Italian navy. Greece doesn't need to wait until 1943 to be seated as an independent power as they have already been represented by their own envoys at allied conferences; in fact they have been the only country aside from the US and UK represented as such. Arguably Greece ITTL is currently the 3rd most important ally, barring the USSR; and the only ally who has successfully defended their territorial integrity from the Axis.

There is also the counter argument that for the 2nd time this century Turkey has again joined "late" to a war when it appeared the Germans were winning and best to just strip them to the bones and be done with it. Germany is also a fully industrialized state; indeed possibly the most industrialized in Europe; while Turkey without it's west coast would be a crippled husk unable to do more than be a nuisance to any of its neighbours so concerns about a Versailles type peace are overblown.

Would the Western allies deny a steadfast ally who has been the victim of Turkish aggression in the "hope" that Turkey turns to the West in the post war world. Conversely, why would the USSR keep its demands limited when it can take its maximalist demands and STILL keep Turkey buying its supplies when Turkey has no other choice. Stalin is obsessed with security, this war has shown the Soviet Caucasus is vulnerable to Turkey. That vulnerability goes away if the USSR stretches to Trebizond and Lake Van. The USSR had a lot of leverage post war ITTL because there were zero allied forces in the Balkans and they could do what they wanted. ITTL there is a whole allied army there fighting non-stop since late 1940. Also Turkey OTL was neutral during the war while ITTL they are a full fledged Axis member and I don't recall the USSR going easy on any Axis members OTL that fought them.

This is the one area where I can see Greece pushing maximalist aims and I think a large part does depend on how it looks when Turkey ends up surrendering. Turkey with a functional; if poorly supplied; army and still occupying large parts of Thrace and Smyrna is very different than a Turkey that has been reduced to irregulars without the ability to hold a coherent front pushed into the interior. Greece will understand that Turkey neutered solves the majority of their security concerns and will be cognizant of that. As for the existing Turkish population within Caria, Bythnia, and East Constantinople I will point you to the solution to the East Prussians and Sudeten Germans at the conclusion of the war on what would be the most likely response in all their horrifying glory.

First I will point out Bulgaria OTL and Bulgaria TTL are not the same. Bulgaria TTL has been a very active participant on the Macedonian front. Bulgarian divisions are right now fighting Greeks; Greeks have blown up the Bulgarian Tsar and a large part of their political hierarchy. All I am saying is there is going to be a lot more visible blood spilled that over OTL where Bulgaria walked into its occupation lands in 1941 and left them in 1944 whereupon Greece fell into political instability and civil war.

Bulgaria more than anything will depend on facts on the ground. The US and to a lesser extent the UK are going to want to pull out forces in 1944/1945 to deal with the "main" front in NW Europe. If Bulgaria peace's out before than with a status quo peace as the allies are entering Thessaloniki I agree that the border won't move. If Bulgaria is forced by circumstance; read Germany; to fight over Bulgarian territory in 1943/1944 and than its Greek divisions occupying southern Bulgaria while the USSR is doing their thing well than possession is 9/10th and all that when it comes to adjustments. I don't think there will be any large lands grabs here as Greece will likely just look to make a more defensible border but at the same time I don't see anyone starting a new war over a couple mountain passes and valleys.

Serpent

Banned

And because similar discussions will be taking place ITTL among the Greeks, with possibly even more grandiose claims put forward, there is very much the possibility that in TTL the Greeks will get their own 'mutilated victory' after WW2, as the Italians did after WW1.
Let's just rewind back from all your assumptions here, regardless if they have a valid basis or not, and consider the bigger picture here, that is the bare minimum Greece could gain from Turkey in this war, that being the Biga/Troy region, which would otherwise remain an enclave territory of Turkey, completely cut off by land, because there's no way in hell Greece is going to ever concede any of its prewar sovereignty to Turkey, or that any of the winning powers would ever suggest something along those lines, apart from the USSR and even they would not dare to press the issue, and given that the only reason that the Biga/Troy area remained as part of Turkey after '22 was Venizelos unwillingness to pressure the British to withdraw from the Channel Zone, if anything it suited him to leave this area aside for later, to remain as a useless enclave, to be annexed in a future war later down the line and instead demand the biggest area possible from Turkey instead, after winning in 1922. That and Constantinople, as half of its population remains Christian, Greeks and Armenians alike. Those two areas aside, Lascaris had disclosed way earlier in the TL that a contested part of Caria would became Greek post WWII, so there's that. On top of those three, add Rhodes from Italy, thats currently occupied and its populated in its vast majority by Greek people and you can see that the only thing actually contested with Turkey post war in the negotiations would be the Opsimakon theme. Not remotely enough to bring the Turks to the USSR sphere of influence on it's own, even if the Turks get to preserve it. So, it might be safe to assume that the Soviets, aware that they don't have much that they could realistically offer to defeated Turkey to bring them onto their sphere of influence, just go for maximum gains from Turkey instead, which the Allies would not oppose, and keep those areas under their direct control to incentivize the Turkish people to side with the communist faction during a future Turkish civil war.

Last edited:
Tbf do you think the Greeks will care about that? It's just more ethnic cleansing and one that the Greek gov could claim was Greek before the Turks genocided the Greeks out.

Also the mines.
It's ww2. Several million Germans were kicked out of the territories Germany lost. Even more from places like Sudetenland. Any territory lost by Turkey, is not very likely to fare much better...
"Comrade surely you don't care about such anachronistic things like religion? You are speaking Armenian (or Greek or Georgian) surely you understand you are Armenian? No? But you wanted to stay in our glorious Soviet Union and not leave for Turkey? Well then we have some nice cotton producing land in Kazakhstan in need of more farmers! Oh you changed your mind and you are Armenian after all?"
British scheming and plotting in Cyprus? I guess some things never change, even in alternative TLs...
Not allowing Royal Hellenic Navy ships to go to Cypriot ports happened in OTL as well after the colonial authorities got afraid of the local being overtly enthusiastic every time a Greek warship visited the island. Given how I very much doubt the Colonial Office would care about giving up any single sliver of land painted pink on the map... as soon as the situation looks to get better they are likely to revert to character IMHO. Emphasis on Colonial office not Churchill and his cabinet.

To be fair the port of Famagusta is located inside the walled city of Famagusta of which the majority of the population is Turkish so a bombing of a greek ship in the port is not an impossibility...ofcourse such an actwould demand some kind of action to be taken against the turks...and the Brits wouldn't want to alienate their supporters don't they?
They had to make concessions to the Greek Cypriots, frex the Cypriot brigade guarding Cyprus at the moment out of war necessity and there is still the Cypriot legislative assebly around as well as Dragoumis back in 1931 handled things and appointments to the island differently. And the bombings alleged are Turkish commandos that have landed in the island earlier. That said Famagusta port in particular being in the old town was unintentional. I've been to Nikosia, Paphos and Larnaca but for uhm... obvious reasons pertaining to modern politics not Famagusta.

Also who the colonial governor?
Charles Woolley seems to me a logical appointment TTL as well. After all he'd served in Salonica and Constantinople in WW1.
To be honest I didn’t know exactly how much was ceded.
Very little, but then Monastir/Bitola is almost at the border. Not entirely happy about it happening and the Italians were invading anyway but the Serbs would be likely to make the offer as they had in 1915 and this particular Greek prime minister guaranteed to want it given his background.

So is the US that gonna supply the Irish Armed Forces? Nice :D - just crossing in my mind:

- A Fighter Group escorting USAAF bomber forces
- One or Two PB4Y Liberators or PBM Mariner squadrons patrolling the Atlantic
- A squadron of Clemson-class DD's
- Finally a infantry brigade and a tank battalion operating in France
I believe the Irish army in OTL was about 42,000 men and tens of thousand more crossed the border to volunteer in the British armed forces. Looks to me there is sufficient manpower for 1-2 divisions there. And of course the US is going to supply the Irish armed forces. It's supplying already countries that don't have so many congressmen available... :angel:

What is the current status of the Dodecanese?
Liberated by the Greek navy back in November 1940. That is a territory the Greeks will be keeping in 1945 for certain.
If you include the van it's gonna shift the demographics of Armenia as a whole and expelling the Kurds/Turks leave it depopulated and I very much doubt Armenia can repopulate it.
It would be... tricky. In OTL the Soviets did launch a campaign of encouraging Armenian immigration to the USSR with some success, most of the Armenians refugees in Greece for example did leave for the Soviet Union. They are likely to do the same TTL although at least in Greece they are likely to be faring worse given the much better situation of the refugees in TTL Greece. If they go down that route they'd be likely be claiming the Muslim Armenian, Greek and Georgian speakers as ethnic Armenians, Greeks and Georgians, resettling Armenians and Greeks from elsewhere in the Soviet Union and for good measure settling Russians and Ukrainians if all else failed.
Assyria seems optimistic as it would be surrounded by likely hostile states with a tiny population unable to defend itself.
The Assyrians are in a pretty delicate position. The are actively pro-Allied as they were OTL and TTL that's even more important. But their relationship with the Kurds is strained to say the least given the Kurdish role in the Assyrian genocide and no government in Baghdad has any reason to want to let them go peacefully. Of course Abdullah king of the Arabs has at the moment all of 8,000 men in the Arab legion and vast ambitions, the Assyrians actually outnumber the legion at the moment....

I would argue that a Greece that will end up being the only active European warfront for the Western Allies for 2 or 3 years while facing Italy, Germany, Bulgaria, and Turkey has considerably more prestige and influence than a Greece that was fully occupied by May 1941. Greece IOTL was nothing but a government in exile with only token formations contributing to the war effort. They fought the Italians bravely but fell rapidly to the Germans once they intervened.
That's entirely too likely. The GWRA is going to be having a field day. And given is chairman is Spyros Skouras who just so happens aside from being Greek American to be the president of 20th Century Fox... hell the Greeks don't even to try very hard to get their propaganda...

Greece ITTL has the distinction of being the first country to actually stop a German blitzkrieg.
Because Hitler was an idiot and did not want to postpone the invasion of the Soviet Union. Had the Germans continued they'd likely be able to break Thermopylae. Of course unless they routed the defenders this means they'd pull back behind the Corinth canal which reduces the front to an isthmus of 7 kilometers. But in the end it's the result that counts...

Greece accomplished something that France and Britain combined failed to do. Rational people will argue there was a big difference in size of forces, access to supplies, ability to supply the front and size of the front that all contributed to Greece being able to pull it off but considering it was surely played massively in propaganda in the UK and USA when it happened these sorts of things can take on a life of their own.
The Greeks stopped the Germans instead of surrendering. For good measure did so at Thermopylae of all places. The propaganda is writing itself...

I am sure post-war many papers will be written about how Greece's unique geography, distance from core axis areas, and relatively sparse rail net made it impossible to conquer in anything but a long slog but at the moment and in the immediate post-war the perception is going to be the plucky, brave Greeks stood down the axis war machine.

Greece continues to have hundreds of thousands of soldiers fighting and dying on 2 separate fronts. Their navy has played a large role in neutering the Turkish navy and has contributed immensely in fighting the Italian navy. Greece doesn't need to wait until 1943 to be seated as an independent power as they have already been represented by their own envoys at allied conferences;
Technically so has Ireland, Poland and of course France but TTL Greece is orders of magnitude more important than OTL Greece is its contribution to the war effort
in fact they have been the only country aside from the US and UK represented as such. Arguably Greece ITTL is currently the 3rd most important ally, barring the USSR; and the only ally who has successfully defended their territorial integrity from the Axis.
I suppose it depends on how you count the Canadians and Australians but at the moment Greece is contributing an army of 434,000 men in addition to the navy and the air force and all three are likely to increase. By the end of the war it is likely going to be surpassed by the French, they mobilized over 1 million men by 1945 but still...
There is also the counter argument that for the 2nd time this century Turkey has again joined "late" to a war when it appeared the Germans were winning and best to just strip them to the bones and be done with it. Germany is also a fully industrialized state; indeed possibly the most industrialized in Europe; while Turkey without it's west coast would be a crippled husk unable to do more than be a nuisance to any of its neighbours so concerns about a Versailles type peace are overblown.
Turkey still holds most of Anatolia... but joining the war while understandable is looking problematic now. What this means for its prospects in the peace table? Depends on how it ends the war, I would expect. Forcing concessions during the war is likely entirely different than forcing concessions in 1947 when the Paris peace treaty was signed.

Would the Western allies deny a steadfast ally who has been the victim of Turkish aggression in the "hope" that Turkey turns to the West in the post war world.
If they feel it's in their interest almost certainly. If it is not costing them anything not. To put it somewhat differently I'd suspect that gaining Cyprus would be much more difficult than getting some land in Anatolia.

Conversely, why would the USSR keep its demands limited when it can take its maximalist demands and STILL keep Turkey buying its supplies when Turkey has no other choice. Stalin is obsessed with security, this war has shown the Soviet Caucasus is vulnerable to Turkey. That vulnerability goes away if the USSR stretches to Trebizond and Lake Van. The USSR had a lot of leverage post war ITTL because there were zero allied forces in the Balkans and they could do what they wanted. ITTL there is a whole allied army there fighting non-stop since late 1940. Also Turkey OTL was neutral during the war while ITTL they are a full fledged Axis member and I don't recall the USSR going easy on any Axis members OTL that fought them.
The Soviets had extensive territorial demands in OTL. Now certain of these demands are already Soviet since the border remained the 1914 ones. And the Soviets can be guaranteed to be interested in the straits and Constantinople. Which... could be a problem for Greece.
This is the one area where I can see Greece pushing maximalist aims and I think a large part does depend on how it looks when Turkey ends up surrendering. Turkey with a functional; if poorly supplied; army and still occupying large parts of Thrace and Smyrna is very different than a Turkey that has been reduced to irregulars without the ability to hold a coherent front pushed into the interior. Greece will understand that Turkey neutered solves the majority of their security concerns and will be cognizant of that. As for the existing Turkish population within Caria, Bythnia, and East Constantinople I will point you to the solution to the East Prussians and Sudeten Germans at the conclusion of the war on what would be the most likely response in all their horrifying glory.

First I will point out Bulgaria OTL and Bulgaria TTL are not the same. Bulgaria TTL has been a very active participant on the Macedonian front. Bulgarian divisions are right now fighting Greeks; Greeks have blown up the Bulgarian Tsar and a large part of their political hierarchy. All I am saying is there is going to be a lot more visible blood spilled that over OTL where Bulgaria walked into its occupation lands in 1941 and left them in 1944 whereupon Greece fell into political instability and civil war.
The Greeks will nor be amused but then had not been amused from just the occupation OTL. The British and Americans have reason to be less sympathetic. The Soviets... it depends on who runs the show in Bulgaria.
Bulgaria more than anything will depend on facts on the ground. The US and to a lesser extent the UK are going to want to pull out forces in 1944/1945 to deal with the "main" front in NW Europe. If Bulgaria peace's out before than with a status quo peace as the allies are entering Thessaloniki I agree that the border won't move. If Bulgaria is forced by circumstance; read Germany; to fight over Bulgarian territory in 1943/1944 and than its Greek divisions occupying southern Bulgaria while the USSR is doing their thing well than possession is 9/10th and all that when it comes to adjustments. I don't think there will be any large lands grabs here as Greece will likely just look to make a more defensible border but at the same time I don't see anyone starting a new war over a couple mountain passes and valleys.
In OTL the maximum Greek demands were about 16,000 km2, the minimum 2,000. They got of course nothing. And for the irony they will be likely claiming that the Pomak Muslim minority there prefers them to the Bulgarians... which it actually does.