Map Thread XXII

Uh yeah I made a thingy đź‘Ť
A map of the continent of Ipeiro.
Arwya RQBAM.jpg

Feel free to ask questions and stuff. Or give critiques, I would greatly appreciate that/gen

Thanks.

What's going with Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the other OTL US possessions? Have most of the tiny islands been depopulated and turned back into wilderness?
Alaska, Hawaii, and the various Pacific territories are organized as a Special Region. Most are depopulated, and Honolulu, Anchorage, and Fairbanks are the only human settlements left in the area. Nearly all of the Special Region's economy is dependent upon ecotourism, small amounts of resource extraction, and usage fees from the Oahu Spaceport.

Puerto Rico gained independence in the 2080s to join the Suram common market, which at the time was one of the largest economies in the globe.
unpeople???
Natural-born humans who have elected to forgo a physical body entirely and reside within the global web or an independent gestalt network. Heavily frowned upon and highly illegal in America and other naturalist countries, but they still retain their U.S. citizenship.

Natural-born humans who have elected to forgo a physical body entirely and reside within the global web or an independent gestalt network. Heavily frowned upon and highly illegal in America and other naturalist countries, but they still retain their U.S. citizenship.
Why are they frowned upon and outlawed?

Alaska, Hawaii, and the various Pacific territories are organized as a Special Region. Most are depopulated, and Honolulu, Anchorage, and Fairbanks are the only human settlements left in the area. Nearly all of the Special Region's economy is dependent upon ecotourism, small amounts of resource extraction, and usage fees from the Oahu Spaceport.
How do native Hawaiians feel about the sitch? Also, more broadly, how are native peoples doing? Do they all have to live in Free Cities / Legacy Cities / Megalopols?

How do native Hawaiians feel about the sitch? Also, more broadly, how are native peoples doing? Do they all have to live in Free Cities / Legacy Cities / Megalopols?
Native Hawaiians were generally incensed when the scheme was first proposed in the 2080s. They mostly live on Honolulu or the mainland now. Indigenous peoples have mostly moved to the Regions, like most other rural folk. Smaller populations exist in very small towns (~200-1000 people) scattered across the various Reserves, but there are larger populations in some Free Cities. Significant contingents of indigenous people live in Resilience (formerly Fort Myers) and Oklahoma City, and some of the entertainment complexes in Las Vegas-Paradise are fully owned and operated by the Indigenous-owned descendants of various tribal gaming corporations.

Should probably be posting this in WIP Map Thread, but I've been lurking these threads for like 15 years and it feels good to finally post anything.

Hopefully this is the start of a much more ambitious "realistic Kaiserreich" map scenario, but for now its just experimenting with making a custom color scheme that actually matches the look I had it my head.

Full appropriate credits to LibraryofAlexandria, CHKeeley, Javonicus, and the usual cast of characters for all the Worlda borders & internals.

Attachments

• Kaiserreich_Europe_01.png
    Kaiserreich_Europe_01.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 378
Belarus2.png

Another fairly old semi-WIP that I never got around to posting, featuring a greater Belarus. Made back in the days before I understood rasterization

It started as a silly little "Disney Channel vibe" spinoff of long stagnant WIP. Now it's taken on a life of it own as a full-on, somewhat silly, and rather optimistic liberal constitutional monarchy wank.

Presenting...

THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY - 01/01/2024

monarchoverse european community.png

monarchoverse dynasties.png

Established in 1987, the product of a shared passion project between Emperor Michael I of Romania and King William III of Great Britain and Ireland, the European Community consists of 27 member states representing roughly 1/10th of the world population and over 1/4th of the global economy.

There exists two major so-called "dynastic blocs" among the continental members of the EC, and though each of these nations naturally have their own agendas and ambitions in regards to foreign policy, every now and then they find themselves in close alignment.

The Bonapartist Monarchies

Though a relatively young dynasty by European standards, and one from incredibly humble origins, the Bonapartes have politically dominated western Europe ever since the grand campaigns undertaken by Emperor Napoleon I "the Great" in the early 19th century. The senior line continues to rule the French Empire, with Napoleon VII the current reigning Emperor of the French. Its cadets, descended from the brothers of the first Napoleon, reign as kings in Holland, Spain and Italy.

The Romanov Monarchies

Crediting its domination of Eastern Europe to the shrewd political and military acumen of Catherine the Great, and also luck and opportunistic maneuvering on the part of Paul I, the House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov forms the eastern counterweight to the Parisian axis of the Bonapartes. The dynasty is divided into four major branches, each descended from Paul I's sons:
  1. The Alexandrovichi represent the most senior of these branches, successors of Tsar Alexander I of Russia. They reign as Emperors of the Russian Empire, which consists of the Tsardom of Russia proper as well as the Imperial Realms. Within the EC are the Kingdoms of Poland, Georgia and Armenia, and the Grand Duchies of Lithuania, Finland and Pribaltika. Its currently headed by Alexander IV, who is head of state of these seven nations, and also of Azerbaijan and Turkestan - both of which are not members of the EC (not for lack of trying on Saint Petersburg's part).
  2. The Konstantinovichi rule over the Empire of Romania, a result of Catherine the Great's Greek Plan which saw a combined Austro-Russian force expel the Ottomans from Europe. The young Prince Konstantin Pavlovich would subsequently ascend as Constantine I, emperor of what his grandmother envisioned as a "new Byzantium". Ever since Michael I's abdication at the turn of the millennium, the throne has been held by his son, Constantine III.
  3. The Kingdom of Dacia, the Greek Plan's other Russian creation, was initially awarded to the notorious Grigory Potemkin. After he died heirless, Kingship would pass onto Paul I's third son Grand Duke Nicholas, from whom the Nikolaevichi get their name. Paul II reigns as the current King of the Dacians.
  4. The Mikhailovichi, descendants of Grand Duke Mikhail, have ruled as Kings of Sweden and Norway ever since the Swedish branch of the Holstein-Gottorps went extinct in 1829. It took a significant amount of politicking, and more than a little intimidation, but eventually the Swedes acceded to letting the late Paul I's youngest son take the throne under the name of Charles XIII Michael. Its current head is Gustav V.

Sometimes considered a third dynastic bloc by some observers, the present Quadruple Monarchy of the Austrian Empire came about as a result of the Ausgleich of 1930. Under the terms of this compromise, the Emperorship became an office that rotates annually in a cycle that begins with the Archduke of Austria, before passing to the Kings of Hungary, Bohemia, and Slavonia, and then back again to Austria proper. Though legally still a single entity, in practice these four crownlands operate as independent nations in their own right, with memberships in the EC to boot. The present Emperor is King Rudolph IV of Bohemia, currently in his fifth reign.

Also influential in their own rights are the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and the United Kingdoms of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves; the later unique in being the only EC member state whose capital is in the Western Hemisphere (at Rio de Janeiro). Noteworthy too are the Helvetic Republic, the sole independent republican state on the continent, and the Ottoman Empire, the EC's newest member whose accession in late 2023 was the subject of massive controversy. Meanwhile in the Mediterranean are the Kingdom of Sardinia, and the last Bourbon monarchy that is Sicily.

And in the centre of it all are Denmark (ruled by the senior branch of the Holstein-Gottorps), Prussia and Germany. The last, replacing the old Confederation of the Rhine in the wake of the Liberal Revolutions of 1860 that swept through the continent, is the site of the EC's headquarters (at Frankfurt), and additionally the target of much political intrigue among the otherwise peaceful and cooperative nations of Europe.

This is in no small part due to the elective nature of its monarchy - the 22 kings and princes of the German realm having the duty to elect among themselves an Emperor who is to serve for life, with each of the four kings having the privilege of casting two ballots. Most of the other European monarchies have kin here. The Grand Dukes of Berg and the King of Westphalia are Bonapartes (additionally the Beauharnaises of Frankfurt trace descent from Napoleon I's stepson), the Dukes of Hanover are distant cousins to their British kin, the Oldenburgs are the dynastic seniors of the Romanovs, Berlin has much sway over the Hohenzollerns of Sigmaringen, and the Habsurgs have a cadet in Wurzburg and close historical links with the Wittelsbachs of Bavaria. It is perhaps fortunate then that the current German Emperor is one from a relatively neutral realm - Frederick Augustus IV of Saxony.

Last edited:
It started as a silly little "Disney Channel vibe" spinoff of long stagnant WIP. Now it's taken on a life of it own as a full-on, somewhat silly, and rather optimistic liberal constitutional monarchy wank.

Presenting...

View attachment 898251

Established in 1987, the product of a shared passion project between Emperor Michael I of Romania and King William III of Great Britain and Ireland, the European Community consists of 27 member states representing roughly 1/10th of the world population and over 1/4th of the global economy.

There exists two major so-called "dynastic blocs" among the continental members of the EC, and though each of these nations naturally have their own agendas and ambitions in regards to foreign policy, every now and then they find themselves in close alignment.

Though a relatively young dynasty by European standards, and one from incredibly humble origins, the Bonapartes have politically dominated western Europe ever since the grand campaigns undertaken by Emperor Napoleon I "the Great" in the early 19th century. The senior line continues to rule the French Empire, with Napoleon VII the current reigning Emperor of the French. Its cadets, descended from the brothers of the first Napoleon, reign as kings in Holland, Spain and Italy.

The Romanov Monarchies

Crediting its domination of Eastern Europe to the shrewd political and military acumen of Catherine the Great, and also luck and opportunistic maneuvering on the part of Paul I, the House of Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov forms the eastern counterweight to the Parisian axis of the Bonapartes. The dynasty is divided into four major branches, each descended from Paul I's sons:
  1. The Alexandrovichi represent the most senior of these branches, successors of Tsar Alexander I of Russia. They reign as Emperors of the Russian Empire, which consists of the Tsardom of Russia proper as well as the Imperial Realms. Within the EC are the Kingdoms of Poland, Georgia and Armenia, and the Grand Duchies of Lithuania, Finland and Pribaltika. Its currently headed by Alexander IV, who is head of state of these seven nations, and also of Azerbaijan and Turkestan - both of which are not members of the EC (not for lack of trying on Saint Petersburg's part).
  2. The Konstantinovichi rule over the Empire of Romania, a result of Catherine the Great's Greek Plan which saw a combined Austro-Russian force expel the Ottomans from Europe. The young Prince Konstantin Pavlovich would subsequently ascend as Constantine I, emperor of what his grandmother envisioned as a "new Byzantium". Ever since Michael I's abdication at the turn of the millennium, the throne has been held by his son, Constantine III.
  3. The Kingdom of Dacia, the Greek Plan's other Russian creation, was initially awarded to the notorious Grigory Potemkin. After he died heirless, Kingship would pass onto Paul I's third son Grand Duke Nicholas, from whom the Nikolaevichi get their name. Paul II reigns as the current King of the Dacians.
  4. The Mikhailovichi, descendants of Grand Duke Mikhail, have ruled as Kings of Sweden and Norway ever since the Swedish branch of the Holstein-Gottorps went extinct in 1829. It took a significant amount of politicking, and more than a little intimidation, but eventually the Swedes acceded to letting the late Paul I's youngest son take the throne under the name of Charles XIII Michael. Its current head is Gustav V.

Sometimes considered a third dynastic bloc by some observers, the present Quadruple Monarchy of the Austrian Empire came about as a result of the Ausgleich of 1930. Under the terms of this compromise, the Emperorship became an office that rotates annually in a cycle that begins with the Archduke of Austria, before passing to the Kings of Hungary, Bohemia, and Slavonia, and then back again to Austria proper. Though legally still a single entity, in practice these four crownlands operate as independent nations in their own right, with memberships in the EC to boot. The present Emperor is King Rudolph IV of Bohemia, currently in his fifth reign.

Also influential in their own rights are the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and the United Kingdoms of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves; the later unique in being the only EC member state whose capital is in the Western Hemisphere (at Rio de Janeiro). Noteworthy too are the Helvetic Republic, the sole independent republican state on the continent, and the Ottoman Empire, the EC's newest member whose accession in late 2023 was the subject of massive controversy. Meanwhile in the Mediterranean are the Kingdom of Sardinia, and the last Bourbon monarchy that is Sicily.

And in the centre of it all are Denmark (ruled by the senior branch of the Holstein-Gottorps), Prussia and Germany. The last, replacing the old Confederation of the Rhine in the wake of the Liberal Revolutions of 1860 that swept through the continent, is the site of the EC's headquarters (at Frankfurt), and additionally the target of much political intrigue among the otherwise peaceful and cooperative nations of Europe.

This is in no small part due to the elective nature of its monarchy - the 22 kings and princes of the German realm having the duty to elect among themselves an Emperor who is to serve for life, with each of the four kings having the privilege of casting two ballots. Most of the other European monarchies have kin here. The Grand Dukes of Berg and the King of Westphalia are Bonapartes (additionally the Beauharnaises of Frankfurt trace descent from Napoleon I's stepson), the Dukes of Hanover are distant cousins to their British kin, the Oldenburgs are the dynastic seniors of the Romanovs, Berlin has much sway over the Hohenzollerns of Sigmaringen, and the Habsurgs have a cadet in Wurzburg and close historical links with the Wittelsbachs of Bavaria. It is perhaps fortunate then that the current German Emperor is one from a relatively neutral realm - Frederick Augustus IV of Saxony.
I absolutely love this. Do you have any lore for the rest of the world?

Presenting...

View attachment 898251

The Romanov Monarchies

This is very cool. I would love to see more of this scenario.

Presenting...

View attachment 898251

The Romanov Monarchies

Almost surprising we don’t have people trying for a Disney Channel styled map. It would be so easy to expand Monaco into Nice and have Princes and Princesses come from there.

Cross-posting from the MOTF thread, as usual. Comments, questions, anything is welcomed!​

the former United States of America
100 Years After the Rise of the Dead
r1skBQ4.jpg

Basically, my idea for this scenario is the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, where zombies are still very much a threat and force most people to live in well-guarded walled communities. Hence fulfilling the goal of a city-state world after a global disaster. And I decided on the mainland USA because it is a region without a real history of city-states, but that I could envision as having an interesting one to tell.

The question then became - from where would those cities arise? Building them simply from already existing cities is not only somewhat implausible to envision but, worse yet, would be quite boring, essentially making it a copy of the OTL map of the US. So I decided instead to look to military bases, forts and outposts as the centers of this new civilization. It is somewhat sensible, I think, that military bases, already secured and already well-armed, would become, in a zombie apocalypse, more likely to withstand and to maintain themselves going.

So, I went it with. I researched through hundreds of military bases in US soil, and used their active duty personnel as a baseline for their population-in-setting. I listed, researched and placed in the map almost 300 different places. Hard work, but I think it benefited the map. This allowed for an interesting diversity, with some cities becoming quite more predominant than others, and some regions seemingly surviving better than others. And, through working with trade lines (through existing highways, railways and rivers) it created an interesting map, with a lot to explore.

In fact, what I like the most about this map is the lore potential. Imagine the amount of stories that might exist beneath the surface. What is life under a very militarized society, constantly vigilant against the living dead and about the risk of infection? How might relationships between neighbouring cities be? And this society wouldn't be at all static - from the map already it is possible to imagine probable regions bound to be united as regional states in the future, in ways we probably wouldn't foresee looking at a OTL State boundary maps or just from OTL city demographics.

Another interesting question would be - what exists beyond the cities, besides the dead? I can only imagine that there would be countless communities living outside the jurisdiction of these militarized cities. I have come to call them "hillbillies", a term like the Greco-Roman "barbarian" in sense, and I imagine there is a lot to say about their relations with the city dwellers, between trade, raids and whatever else.

Finally, there is how culture would evolve and diverge in this world. How might language evolve? I could imagine the various languages of North America becoming the foundation of their own language families. And of course, there is the question of how religion might deal with both the zombie apocalypse and its aftermath. That Utah exists quite isolated from the rest of the continent, for one, is quite interesting from a religious perspective.

You might be asking: what about Canada? I'm afraid Canada didn't make it :pensive: (Ok, kidding, really my base map didn't include Canadian landmarks and I didn't have the extra time to research it enough)

Anyway, this is my map, I hope you liked it. It was a fun project to make up, even if researching and then proceeding to meticulously write down military bases and their personnel size probably put me on some list.

Presenting...

View attachment 898251

The Romanov Monarchies

So, Italy gets French and German speaking Valais/Wallis/Sion, but not Italian-speaking Ticino right next door?

Cross-posting from the MOTF thread, as usual. Comments, questions, anything is welcomed!​

r1skBQ4.jpg

Basically, my idea for this scenario is the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse, where zombies are still very much a threat and force most people to live in well-guarded walled communities. Hence fulfilling the goal of a city-state world after a global disaster. And I decided on the mainland USA because it is a region without a real history of city-states, but that I could envision as having an interesting one to tell.

The question then became - from where would those cities arise? Building them simply from already existing cities is not only somewhat implausible to envision but, worse yet, would be quite boring, essentially making it a copy of the OTL map of the US. So I decided instead to look to military bases, forts and outposts as the centers of this new civilization. It is somewhat sensible, I think, that military bases, already secured and already well-armed, would become, in a zombie apocalypse, more likely to withstand and to maintain themselves going.

So, I went it with. I researched through hundreds of military bases in US soil, and used their active duty personnel as a baseline for their population-in-setting. I listed, researched and placed in the map almost 300 different places. Hard work, but I think it benefited the map. This allowed for an interesting diversity, with some cities becoming quite more predominant than others, and some regions seemingly surviving better than others. And, through working with trade lines (through existing highways, railways and rivers) it created an interesting map, with a lot to explore.

In fact, what I like the most about this map is the lore potential. Imagine the amount of stories that might exist beneath the surface. What is life under a very militarized society, constantly vigilant against the living dead and about the risk of infection? How might relationships between neighbouring cities be? And this society wouldn't be at all static - from the map already it is possible to imagine probable regions bound to be united as regional states in the future, in ways we probably wouldn't foresee looking at a OTL State boundary maps or just from OTL city demographics.

Another interesting question would be - what exists beyond the cities, besides the dead? I can only imagine that there would be countless communities living outside the jurisdiction of these militarized cities. I have come to call them "hillbillies", a term like the Greco-Roman "barbarian" in sense, and I imagine there is a lot to say about their relations with the city dwellers, between trade, raids and whatever else.

Finally, there is how culture would evolve and diverge in this world. How might language evolve? I could imagine the various languages of North America becoming the foundation of their own language families. And of course, there is the question of how religion might deal with both the zombie apocalypse and its aftermath. That Utah exists quite isolated from the rest of the continent, for one, is quite interesting from a religious perspective.

You might be asking: what about Canada? I'm afraid Canada didn't make it :pensive: (Ok, kidding, really my base map didn't include Canadian landmarks and I didn't have the extra time to research it enough)

Anyway, this is my map, I hope you liked it. It was a fun project to make up, even if researching and then proceeding to meticulously write down military bases and their personnel size probably put me on some list.

I really like this. Land of the Dead had the same set up with Human Survivors forming city-states and feudal-like governments, with the movie you have downtown Pittsburgh as one of them with the city leaders, rich and powerful living in a luxury high-rise called Fiddler's Green.

The same for the religious and cultural questions after all this time and how that all look like from city to city and how they get along, and don't get along.

Also I'm surprise you still have Zombies roaming around . I would have figured they all just rot away at some point, or freeze solid in the winter without body heat. (The best time for head hunting.)

Also thank you for McGhee Tyson, Holston , Little Rock, and Jackson being Living Strongholds. Maybe my family would be OKish there.

Last edited:

r1skBQ4.jpg

I really enjoy the level of effort you put into the map, it makes for an interesting graphic and a fascinating world. Aside from the mechanics of the zombies themselves, you've got me wondering about the cultural developments in the cities, especially by virtue of their origins: Army, Navy, or Air Force? DoD or DHS? And so forth.

Most immediately, I'm curious about the trade routes. Do the lines just represent the amount of traffic on any given route or is there greater significance than that? I'm sort of surprised to see the 99 freeway in California essentially gone, but I guess a car-based thoroughfare connecting agricultural centers would be less likely to make it as farmwork becomes less secure at such a scale. I'm sure there's much to be said for those pre-apocalypse routes as well as they adjust to the new reality.

Nice work!

dev0HBi.jpeg

“There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature -- the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.”

The United States of America (USA or U.S.A.), commonly known as the United States or America, is a country located in North America, situated between Canada and Mexico. It is composed of nine constituent regions and 13 wilderness preserves, spread between 50 ceremonial states from which the country derives its name. The country has a natural population of 325 million, with an additional 3 million registered unpeople as citizens. America is considerably polycentric: the nation’s political capital is Washington, its most populous city is Houston, its largest financial hub is New York, and it hosts the world’s second largest vicar in Las Vegas.

The area now consisting of the United States was first settled by Paleo-Indians 12,000 years ago. English colonization of the East Coast began in Virginia in 1607. By 1776, the American colonies declared independence from the British crown over disputes on taxation and representation. After the War of Independence, the nascent U.S. began expansion in the west, admitting new states. In 1861, disputes over slavery sparked the secession of the Confederate States, which was subdued by 1865 and led to the abolition of slavery. America industrialized heavily in the late 19th century, soon becoming a great power. The U.S.’s victory in the Second World War led to a Cold War between it and the Soviet Union over ideology and global dominance. After the Soviet Union’s collapse, America emerged as the world’s dominant superpower until the onset of the American Agitation, which saw political fragmentation and near-social collapse. To resolve this, new Constitutional amendments were adopted in the Second Convention. Following the Demographic Crisis, the country embarked on a large-scale endeavor to heavily urbanize larger cities, while rewilding areas experiencing population decline, which continues to this day.

The United States is a hybrid-order presidential constitutional republic with a bicameral legislature composed of the House of Representatives (elected by popular vote) and the Senate (elected by interest groups). Day-to-day administration is carried out by the PARAGON intelligence hyperconstruct, while long-term planning and national goals are decided by popular election of a President. American political culture emphasizes environmental stewardship, civil liberties, and free association. Despite this, the country is one of the most anthropically exclusive in the world.

As a post-developed economy, the United States ranks relatively low on productivity, innovation, and industry, but highly in terms of consumer sentiment, corporate cohesion, and unemployment satisfaction. The United States maintains the world’s 9th largest nominal GDP, is the largest regional power in the Americas, and participates heavily in international affairs. The United States is a founding member of the United Nations, the Council for Responsible Human Development, the Earth-Luna Dialogue, and the Communist International.

In the modern day, the Senate acts as the assentive chamber of Congress. Its main duties, as dictated by the 34th amendment, are to confirm or reject presidential nominations for positions within the administrative and judicial branches, as well as to approve or deny legislation passed by the House of Representatives.

Crucially, the Senate cannot introduce legislation of its own. The New Framers decided that, because the Senate was inherently much less representative and democratic than the House, it should not be allowed to introduce sweeping changes to laws that could majorly impact the country. They modeled this new system somewhat after the House of Lords in the United Kingdom and the Senate in Canada, both of which mostly functioned to scrutinize legislation passed by the lower chamber.

Instead, the Senate can only approve or deny legislation already passed by the House. If the Senate approves the legislation, it goes onto the executive branch to be signed or vetoed by the President, and if signed, to be administered and implemented by PARAGON. If the Senate denies the legislation, the House can override a Senate rejection with a â…— majority. However, the House is more likely to amend the legislation until it meets Senate approval.

While the Senate’s powers appear limited, it enjoys a wide breadth of informal power due to the historical prestigious nature of the chamber. The Senate can also append statements of intent to House bills it rejects, which are essentially line-by-line edits of legislation the Senate wants the House to make before it can approve of the bill, and the House usually complies.

Composition
Before the 34th amendment, the Senate was composed of 102 Senators, 2 from each state. Following the Second Convention, this system was completely reformed, and the number of Senators was changed to 103, with three non-voting Senators acting in an advisory capacity. As of 2121, the Senate is composed according to the following table, where an asterisk indicates that those Senators have a lifetime or infinite term length. Otherwise, all Senators serve six-year terms.

Constituency or Interest RepresentedNumber of Senators
Atlantica Region3
Heartland Region3
Cascadia Region3
Eureka Region3
Brazos Region3
Piedmont Region3
Sunkiss Region3
Caldera Region3
Alaska and Pacifica Special Region (Extremities)2
Vice President[1]1
Presidential Appointees*5
National Lottery System9
United States Chamber of Commerce[2]5
American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Relations3
2MIL: BASIC Recipients’ Union1
Parents for an American Future3
Foundation for Arcadia5
REWILD Accelerator Construct*[3]1
Ecumene Project2
Human Heritage and Traditional Values (The Guardians)[4]3
Coalition for the Advancement of Anthropic Minorities[5]3
Transhuman Third Way1
Surrealists, Virtualities, and Unpeople, Consolidated3
Brutian Voluntarists5
Intercollegiate Consortium of Academics[6]25
Disinterested Construct Incubator* (advisory role only)3
Aside from Senators representing Regions, the federal government, or academics, the list of constituencies is often in flux and subject to change. For example, the American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties advocacy group, was a mainstay of the Senate constituency list starting from the implementation of the 34th amendment. However, it was delisted in 2103 due to significant financial troubles that rendered it ineffective to operate in its members’ interests.

Ideology vs. Interests
There are often major disagreements between the major interest groups regarding a piece of legislation, which can lead to deadlock. To solve this, the 105th amendment was passed in 2094, which stipulated that legislation could pass the Senate without a majority of Senators in concurrence, providing that:

1. At least â…” of Senators representing Regions and the National Lottery System had voted in favor;
  2. At least â…– of academics had voted in favor;
  3. At least â…” of the Disinterested Constructs had returned a grade of MINOR MISAPPLICATION or better.
Neo-Federalists campaigned heavily for this amendment, due to the fact that it returned more power to subnational polities and to “the people” in general, as opposed to encouraging a transactional form of government dependent on pleasing a majority of powerful interest groups. Technocrats also supported the amendment, since it returned influence to academics, which had previously seen their number of Senators dwindle from 50 when the 34th amendment was passed to 25 today.

We will explore more about the differences between ideologies and interests in Chapter 5: Views on Government.

[1] Also acts as President of the Senate, the presiding officer.
[2] Per a power-sharing agreement, three of the seats are delegated to a selected publicly-owned American corporation, which rotate on an annual basis, and one seat is delegated to a representative of the Marxian-Accelerationist Combine.
[3] Currently abstentionist unless the vote is with regards to the status of the state of New Hampshire.
[4] Per a power-sharing agreement, one of the seats is delegated to a representative of the Queer Empowerment Alliance.
[5] Per a power-sharing agreement, one of the seats is delegated to a representative of the Species Uplift Project.
[6] Per a 2099 statute, at least 10 Senators from this category must have a doctorate in history, government, law, public policy, or philosophy.
Do I have permission to take inspiration from this for my future tl

So did another in my series of religious demography maps, this time for the Irreligious population.

NOTES:
1. Irreligious includes Atheists, Agnostics and those who fit into the category of Spiritual But Not Religious.
2. There are quite a few places that are shown as Insufficient Data that have large Irreligious populations; I have included a list of all the I/D polities below this notes section.
3. I've used a mixture of self-identification AND secondary polling (namely 'Do you believe in (a) God?') for this map as there are a very large amount of people in various countries (mostly Europe) who will answer that they're Christian or Muslim but when asked if they believe in god will answer that they don't.

Irreligion by Polity, 2024 (3.27.24).png

Insufficient Data:
Abkhazia
- No data available.
Albania - No reliable data; government records have been deemed unreliable and NGO polling shows massive differences in results, ranging from 2.5-63% . My personal estimate is in the 35-45% range.
Angola - The last official census (2014) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 12%. My personal estimate is in the 13-18% range.
Anguilla - The last official census (2011) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 4%. My personal estimate is in the 4-7% range.
Ascension - Ascension does not have a permanent population.
Azerbaijan -No reliable data; government and NGO polling often show wildly different results. My personal estimate is in the 15-25% range.
Bahrain - Data not recorded; roughly 18% of Bahrain's population are not Muslim, however the government does not differentiate beyond that and NGO polling is not specific enough. My personal estimate is in the 1-5% range.
Barbados - The last official census (2010) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 1.9%. My personal estimate is in the 2-5% range.
Belize - The last official census (2010) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 15.5%. My personal estimate is in the 16-20% range.
Bermuda - The last reliable estimates (2010) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges; the last official numbers were 17.8%. My personal estimate is in the 19-25% range.
British Virgin Islands - The last official census (2010) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 15.5%. My personal estimate is in the 16-20% range.
Burma - No reliable data; the government does not recognize Irreligious groups, the existing data is out of date (2014), the official numbers are suspect and the civil war is likely changing demographics. My personal estimate is in the 3-15% range.
Cyprus - The last official census (2010) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists, additionally the government has a habit of lumping everything that's not Christianity or Islam into one category; the last official numbers were 0.6%. My personal estimate is in the 1-4% range.
Eritrea - No reliable data; the Eritrean government does not conduct accurate censuses or polling nor does it recognize any religious groups outside of Sunni Islam or the four specific Christian denominations it's chosen, in addition what numbers it does provide are to further its own propaganda; more recent NGO and U.S. estimates vary wildly. My personal estimate is in the 0.5-5% range.
Faroe Islands - The last official census (2011) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 4%. My personal estimate is in the 5-10% range.
Grenada - The last official census (2011) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 5.7%. My personal estimate is in the 6-10% range.
Guernsey - No data available.
Hungary - Insufficient Data; the last census (2022) is essentially unusable as a source as 40% of the population did not answer the question on religion; the official numbers for those answering was 16.1%. My personal estimate is in the 20-55% range.
Iran - No reliable data; as the Iranian government is a Theocracy it not only undercounts religious minorities, but does not recognize Irreligious groups, additionally NGO polling varies significantly from Less than 1% to 18%. My personal estimate is in the 5-10% range.
ISIL - No data available.
Korea, N. - Insufficient Data; the government does not collect records on religious demographics and only recognizes a very limited number of religious groups, additionally there are no recent estimates from any reliable NGOs. My personal estimate is in the 65-85% range.
Kurdistan - No reliable data; the government does not collect data on religious demography and NGO estimates vary greatly from Less than 1% to 15%, additionally recent events (ISIL, COVID) are shown to have affected the identity and importance of religion among the population. My personal estimate is in the 1-5% range.
Laos - No reliable data; the government only recognizes four religions and does not tend to publish information on religious demography, additionally the last major NGO polling was from 2015 and lumped Irreligion and 'Other' Religions into the same category. My personal estimate is in the 2-15% range.
Lebanon - No reliable data; the government has not conducted a census or collected data on religious demographics since 1932 and generally discourages doing so, NGO polling tends to not be particularly reliable and the influx of refugees from the Syrian Civil War will have changed numbers as well. My personal estimate is in the 10-20% range.
Monaco - No reliable data; the government does not actively collect information on religious demographics, additionally existing major NGO polling (2012) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges; the last major polling numbers were 11.7%. My personal estimate is in the 15-25% range.
Nepal - No reliable data; the government does not recognize Irreligious options in its census and polling, additionally there's not much in terms of NGO polling. My personal estimate is in the 5-15% range.
Russia - No reliable data; while the Russian government records religious demographics these numbers are not reliable, additionally NGO polling numbers vary wildly from 5-40%. My personal estimate is in the 25-35% range.
Saint Lucia - The last official census (2010) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 5.9%. My personal estimate is in the 6-10% range.
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - The last official census (2012) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 7.5%. My personal estimate is in the 8-11% range.
São Tomé and Príncipe - No reliable data; The last official census (2012) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 21.2%. My personal estimate is in the 22-28% range.
Sint Maarten - No reliable data; The last official census (2011) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 7.9%. My personal estimate is in the 10-15% range.
South Ossetia - No data available.
Syria - No reliable data; the government has not conducted a census or collected data on religious demographics since the 1960's, what NGO polling exists doesn't tend to record irreligious groups and the Civil War has massively altered the countries demography. My personal estimate is in the 10-20% range.
Tokelau - No reliable data; the last official numbers (2011) on religious demographics lie outside of my acceptable time ranges and do not seem to include Irreligious options, additionally there is no recent NGO polling. My personal estimate is in the 0.5-3% range.
Transnistria - No reliable data; the last official numbers (2012) on religious demographics lie outside of my acceptable time ranges, additionally the government numbers are themself suspect. My personal estimate is in the 1-10% range.
Trinidad and Tobago - No reliable data; The last official census (2011) lies outside of my acceptable time ranges, includes three categories that likely have overlap for the Irreligious population and no recent enough NGO polling exists; the last official numbers were 2.2%. My personal estimate is in the 4-8% range.
Tristan da Cunha - No reliable data; official census and polling numbers do not include the islands separately and what little demographic data exists tend to just declare the population to be 100% Christian. My personal estimate is in the 0.5-2% range.
Turks and Caicos Islands - No reliable data; their does not seem to be any recent official polling on religious demography and what exists lumps everything that's not Christianity into a single 'Other' category. My personal estimate is in the 2-10% range.
Vietnam - No reliable data; the most recent census (2018) includes Irreligious groups and groups practicing Indigenous Beliefs (which is a substantial group) in the same category, additionally no recent NGO polling exists. My personal estimate is in the 55-75% range.