Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they inherited the house-name through an Orleans girl married to a Wettin prince, and wanted to keep Orleans. Think Habsburg-Lothringen.

But dynastic names don't work that way. It'd work as Wettin-Orleans, where a Wettin was created the Duke of Orleans and several generations later, his successors became Kings of France.

Susano

Banned
But dynastic names don't work that way. It'd work as Wettin-Orleans, where a Wettin was created the Duke of Orleans and several generations later, his successors became Kings of France.

It would be Wettin-Orleans in the <dynasty>-<line-by-location> pattern, yes. However, the name of the Orleans branch is meant to survive. Its a continuation of the Bourbon-Orleans line through the female line.

As said, Habsburg-Lorraine. Dynastic names DO work that way if everybody agrees on it, continuity (and hence name descent) through the female line IS possible.

Then that's what happened instead. *RETCON*

Actually, its even a word thats used... with a meaning, hrm, I dunno, somewhere between (constititutional, so to say) structure of the Empire and the collectivity of its states (and how are they bound together or not by that structure). So a loose "Reichsverband" after Westphalia, for example. So, definitly an useable word! It sounds like if somebody took the "Reichs-" theme and made some technocratic description out of it, which is rather fitting I guess...

It is? Well ain't that just dandy!

This all sounds about right, and I'm kicking myself for not googling it before. The technocratic thing works wonders with the theme, and you're awesome for bringing it up.

It would be Wettin-Orleans in the <dynasty>-<line-by-location> pattern, yes. However, the name of the Orleans branch is meant to survive. Its a continuation of the Bourbon-Orleans line through the female line.

As said, Habsburg-Lorraine. Dynastic names DO work that way if everybody agrees on it, continuity (and hence name descent) through the female line IS possible.

But wasn't that because they inherited the title Duke of Lorraine with it?

I approve of the "It works because I say so and I have three hundred thousand men ten miles from your house" approach to genealogy, of course. :D

Susano

Banned
But wasn't that because they inherited the title Duke of Lorraine with it?
No. That only works if a cadet line somehow began to rule there, or elsewise distinguished itself connected with that title...

The fact is in any case that by strict patrinlinearity it would be the House of Lorraine. Despite what Grey Wolf sometimes says here, though, it wasnt. Nobody calls A-H the Lorraine Empire! It was the House of Habsburg, and if one wished to be more exact, House of Habsburg-Lorraine. So it would be the same here - House of Olreans (or Line, really, of the House of Bourbon), or if one wishes to be exact Orleans-Wettin.

No. That only works if a cadet line somehow began to rule there, or elsewise distinguished itself connected with that title...

The fact is in any case that by strict patrinlinearity it would be the House of Lorraine. Despite what Grey Wolf sometimes says here, though, it wasnt. Nobody calls A-H the Lorraine Empire! It was the House of Habsburg, and if one wished to be more exact, House of Habsburg-Lorraine. So it would be the same here - House of Olreans (or Line, really, of the House of Bourbon), or if one wishes to be exact Orleans-Wettin.

Ah, that works. TBH I was just running out of logical house names and wanted to make people scream bloody murder. My trolling is conducted via dynastic unions! :D

Susano

Banned
Ah, that works. TBH I was just running out of logical house names and wanted to make people scream bloody murder. My trolling is conducted via dynastic unions! :D

...geekiest way of trolling possible :D
Though I guess thats similar to the one "horror" mape I posted some time back with Polish Brandenburg and French Rhine border :D

Here is a very rough map of what an independent Quebec would look like. Many people seem to forget that not all of Quebec hates being Canadian. Also, if Canada is divisible then so is Quebec. :D

Note: This map does NOT include other federal lands, military bases, etc.

Week 12 of 1986:
Italy is collapsing.
NATO launches a counter-offensive in France, driving the Soviets back, cutting their forces in Northern and Southern France in half.
Soviets invade Switzerland, attempting to take control of rails between Germany and North Italy.
Soviets in the Baleric Islands.

1986 week 12.PNG

Scarecrow, you rock. And your map does too. It's absolutely amazingly well done, not to mention the idea, which is really cool as well.

However, you forgot to draw the border between Rum and Kipchak in the Caucasus.

Scarecrow, you rock. And your map does too. It's absolutely amazingly well done, not to mention the idea, which is really cool as well.

However, you forgot to draw the border between Rum and Kipchak in the Caucasus.

I agree.

And the line is under Trebizond.

Status
Not open for further replies.