Lebanon doesn't join 48 War

Is there any easy way not to involve Lebanon in the 1948 Arab-Israeli war and if so, how does that affect relations between the two countries in the period afterwards? I'd assume if Israel still largely ended up as per OTL, then Lebanon would have a reasonable influx of Palestinian refugees, even if lower than OTL.

It is hard to see how this isn't a win for both countries really. Although the political impacts of Lebanon not joining could be severe with other Arab countries.

Any thoughts? I will admit to not knowing really anything about Lebanon immediately post WW2

Edit - wrong forum - I'll message a mod.

Any thoughts?

Lebanon's participation was absolutely minimal anyway; they were primarily involved in a small number of battles along the northern part of Israel/Palestine, and mostly saw defeat - probably since their army was tiny and poorly trained.

I don't see there being fewer Palestinian refugees to Lebanon just because they don't participate - the refugees are basically just streaming to wherever they can get and Lebanon is closest to a lot of them (plus, the Lebanese army isn't really capable of keeping them out).

Lebanon still has to officially hate Israel or risk being annexed by Syria