Last Order-Turtledove Vol 6

Book is at Barnes and Noble NOW.I will not reveal what goes on.Be prepared for the usua turtledove BS.PM me if you want to know.Just skimmed through this..book.WTH?

What the hell did I just read? Seriously? Though to be perfectly fair, the BS that occurred in this book is no different than what happened in the other 5.

Turtledove is just writing for non fans like Birmingham, Conroy, and others.The end (?) of the book is pretty was pure 100 percent PU!:(

Honestly, I'm curious, what happens in this book? What does Turtledove do to (I assume) wrap up his "War that Came Early" series? I've never read the series myself, but I know all the basics about it from online and this board (WWII starts over Czechoslovakia in '38, alternate Spanish Civil War, Britain and France later join Germany to fight the Soviets, Japan invades Siberia etc. etc.). So in the end, what happens? It is as implausible as the rest of what happens in the series?

Is this the last book in the series or will there be more?

I certainly hope it's the last book of the series.I got the book on kindle and to say it was a struggle to read it was an understatement.There was a time for me when i couldn't wait for a Harry Turtledove book to come out.His last few books have been horrific though.With that said i have always found something to like in his books.I didn't find that in Last Orders.Long and boring and an incredibly stupid ending.

I certainly hope it's the last book of the series.I got the book on kindle and to say it was a struggle to read it was an understatement.There was a time for me when i couldn't wait for a Harry Turtledove book to come out.His last few books have been horrific though.With that said i have always found something to like in his books.I didn't find that in Last Orders.Long and boring and an incredibly stupid ending.

Thanks for the review. I won't be wasting any more money on Turtledove books.

How exactly does the book end?

I'm not reading it. I read the others and they pissed me off. I really wish he wrote the insane Canadawank entitled "Redverse" that I dreamt about last night instead of the crap he does now.

I sent you a pm about the ending.

Thanks dude.

I read your PM and all I can say is, wow, that ending was implausible as all get out. :eek: Than again with everything else that happened in the series I wasn't really expecting much. As I've said before, I've never read this series, but honestly it seems like its one I'm just going to skip. Was the first book even any good?

Thanks dude.

I read your PM and all I can say is, wow, that ending was implausible as all get out. :eek: Than again with everything else that happened in the series I wasn't really expecting much. As I've said before, I've never read this series, but honestly it seems like its one I'm just going to skip. Was the first book even any good?

The first couple of books weren't bad.I was still buying them at the bookstore when they came out.Books 4 and 5 i borrowed from the library.I wish i had got book 6 from it,but i got it on Kindle because i didn't want to wait the 2 months it would have taken for my library to get it in stock.I wish i had waited now.