• Genius (141-150)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpectacledCloth

Gone Fishin'
Heinrich Himmler is, without a doubt, one of the most notorious Nazis in the regime, if not of the most infamous humans in general history. I've always been perplexed on how smart he really is. Some may argue that he's not that smart for being so mystical in his beliefs. Others may argue that he is exceptionally smart for his organization of the SS and the Holocaust. So I figured that perhaps this will put it to rest. So there's still the question.

How smart was Heinrich Himmler?

It's difficult to know for sure but I'd err on the side of caution and say he was average or slightly above or below average. The trouble with the Nazis is that it is hard to find out how intelligent they actually were (apart from Streicher who was clearly a total moron) because they based their actions upon a set of ideological ideas which were profoundly stupid in of themselves. This means that they would make boneheaded decisions even if they were geniuses because the basis for their actions was not objective reality.
Of course you could also argue that the fact that Himmler and co bought into Nazi ideology in the first place means they must have been fairly stupid but I don't think that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.