Hearts of Iron III

OMG OMG OMG! I'M DANCING NAKED ON MY NON-EXISTENT TABLE! :D

I know I'm weird, but I just love researching stuff with that HoII system. Gotta be in da blood...

Edit: I hope they're implementing something like Armageddon from start off. I should get that addon finally, I guess..

Well, I think I do look forward to it. However, I hope they'll discontinue the trend of dividing the map up in ever smaller regions.

That will be really cool

Although it will be interesting to see what they do with it. If you haven't noticed, Paradox has all but eliminated historical events from their games, making the games more open-ended (Crusader Kings, EU3, Rome).

It'll be interesting to see if they continue the trend in HoI3

Well, fuck. I better finish my HoI II mod fast, before it is outdated. :eek:
Not to worry: it won't come out until Q3 2009.
Well, I think I do look forward to it. However, I hope they'll discontinue the trend of dividing the map up in ever smaller regions.
It's not a trend, actually. Vicky was the game with the most provinces (and, coincidentally, the game with the most popular *map*, if not always gameplay), and the CK had only slightly less then EU3.
That said, you'll be disappointed to hear that HoI3 will have 10,000 provinces. That's their current plan, at least. Considering that even Vicky only had 2,800 provinces...
That will be really cool

Although it will be interesting to see what they do with it. If you haven't noticed, Paradox has all but eliminated historical events from their games, making the games more open-ended (Crusader Kings, EU3, Rome).

It'll be interesting to see if they continue the trend in HoI3
Johan has said that historical events are pretty much necessary for games spanning such a short period of time as the HoI series, so presumably not...

It's not a trend, actually. Vicky was the game with the most provinces (and, coincidentally, the game with the most popular *map*, if not always gameplay), and the CK had only slightly less then EU3.
That said, you'll be disappointed to hear that HoI3 will have 10,000 provinces. That's their current plan, at least. Considering that even Vicky only had 2,800 provinces...

Arrrgh! I see my Soviet-conquering plans falling apart!

Otherwise, what should really be changed? HOI2 and its expansions sorted out most of the major issues, and the mods fixed most that remained. Are they including more random, less event-based gameplay? (I distinctly remember the campaign I played when Japan launched an amphibious operation against the Horn of Africa... And yes, that was an NPC nation.)

Arrrgh! I see my Soviet-conquering plans falling apart!

Otherwise, what should really be changed? HOI2 and its expansions sorted out most of the major issues, and the mods fixed most that remained. Are they including more random, less event-based gameplay? (I distinctly remember the campaign I played when Japan launched an amphibious operation against the Horn of Africa... And yes, that was an NPC nation.)
Well, they might have EUIII's 'custom tag' system, so more-or-less infinite country tags available (not really infinite, of course, but far, far more then even with Armageddon).
There, ahm, was a few issues with HoI2's map, but that, for obvious reasons, won't be affecting HoI3 (mods haven't solved most of those issues, yet, since editing the map have only been possible for so long).
They haven't really revealed much about it, honestly. One could hope that they start in 1934, if one is inclined to greater preparation... or, I guess, if one wants to crush those CommieChinese and still have time to prepare for the War against Japan.
That last thing you mentioned is AI-based, not event-based;).

*sniff* It's so wonderful and flawless in every way! Thank you! Thank you! (Just getting prepared for when I play it.)

I wonder if they read my old old suggestion for tieing ministers and leaders to certain provinces, along with a system of creating entirely new countries on the fly when releasing them, negating the need for minister/leader/tech team files for every nation.

Anywho, as long as they have arma AI, man that AI pwns. (well, its so much better then it was atleast)

Can't wait! I'll be racking my brain with AH ideas and such now!

Seconded!
I hope they rebuild the event system - it was too sticky on historical facts, like in HoI2 Vanilla even though I had taken the Urals the US kept sending lend-lease - To my factories.