German culture in 50s with no Nazis ever

I think that a lot of interwar German artistic and cultural movements (German Expressionism in particular) were influenced by or were a reaction to the precarious financial and political state of the fledgling republic. A stable democratic state that successfully overcomes the global depression of the early '30s would definitely shift the focus of the German Expressionist movement away from themes of alienation and disillusionment.

Also, without the Nazi rise to power, a number of dissident film makers and artists (I'm thinking Fritz Lang in particular), wouldn't have fled the country. I definitely think Lang's ATL film career might be worth further discussion.

I think that a lot of interwar German artistic and cultural movements (German Expressionism in particular) were influenced by or were a reaction to the precarious financial and political state of the fledgling republic. A stable democratic state that successfully overcomes the global depression of the early '30s would definitely shift the focus of the German Expressionist movement away from themes of alienation and disillusionment.

Also, without the Nazi rise to power, a number of dissident film makers and artists (I'm thinking Fritz Lang in particular), wouldn't have fled the country. I definitely think Lang's ATL film career might be worth further discussion.

Not to mention all of the dead Jews that would have gone on to make huge contributions to the future. For all we know there's a brain out there that would have invented cold fusion in the fifties, only it's reduced to ashes under a pile of rubble somewhere in Poland.

In the cities, there already was a subculture that was oriented toward Jazz. That would have continued and "modern" music would have been far more influential throughout Germany in the 1950s than it was IOTL.

German film could have secured a second place after Hollywood as well. The rise of English as a language you must learn cannot be prevented, but a lot of central and Eastern Europe spoke German and would be buyers of German films. Then add translation and you could see a decent film industry in Germany in the 50s producing for much of Europe - and good films, just look at all the people that emmigrated to Hollywood IOTL that likely would have stayed in Berlin or gone there without the Nazis.

Another thing to consider: That Wagner was antisemitic would only be a footnote in history. The Festspiele would be much bigger.

Overall, much more liberal than the OTL 50ies. These where conserative, opressive times. The credo was: No experiments. Without Nazis we will see a much more diverse music and art scene. No brain dain means a big boost for german science and art so german could be become the lingua franca in central and eastern europe.

I'd been under the impression that it was generally accepted that, with no Hitler, Stalin would have ended up sparking at least a European war within a decade or two. Working on that assumption, I'd imagine that a lot of German art would, depending on when the shoe dropped, reflect the sudden and brutal outbreak of war, or Germany itself being the eventual front line if war came earlier on.

With nö Nazi in Germany ?

Not this arcihtectural Madness of hitler/Speer
But work of Walter grobpius or Mies van der Rohe
Means Modernist Architecture / internatioal style in Germany
Like the Seagram Building
360px-Seagrambuilding.jpg

it would Not stand in New York Ort Chicago,
but in Berlin, Frankfurt am Main , Düsseldorf , Duisburg

Fritz Lang World still make Master Piece of Cinema, without being the victim of Hollywood System....

But so Nice Looping this Germany is, antisemitic is very popular there...