DBWI: The Worst Technothrillers Ever Written

(ooc: Inspired by this thread)

So what, in everyone's opinion, are the worst technothrillers ever penned? Personally, I think Tom Clancy went a tad overboard with The Eagle and the Bear. I mean, a second Cold War, which conveniently causes Jack Ryan to remain President for multiple terms? Oy...

Any other nominations?

Orson Scott Card's "Empire" was awful. It was supposed to be about a second civil war in the US, Reds versus Blues, and I was looking forward to ferocious sea battles, tank engagements in the plains states, the strategic bombing of cities, like a Tom Clancey novel, but this book had none of these things. Thank God, it was a library book, and not one I paid money for. I should have known it would be a bad one, when I learned it was based on a video game; it's been my experience that books and movies based on video games are always awful, but I'd read some of Card's earlier stuff and liked it, so I figured I'd check it out.
The definitive second American civil war technothriller has yet to be written. Maybe Tom Clancey or Harold Coyle will give it a shot.

The Borne Resurgency by Not Ludlum At All, or as I call it, The Borne Redundancy. Seriously, how long can you milk a single character's mysterious angst?

The Al Gore/GW Bush books. Sure, it looked like a good idea because both came from political families, their fathers being senators. But WTF, the guy that singlehandedly invented the Internet and all that crazy ravings about how a perfectly decent Saudi playboy become some kind of terrorist leader...