DBWI: ATL Map of Europe

So yeah I was on the net today and I came across this random image, I thought it looked weird and so I wanted to see what the heck you guys make of it. There have been so many PODs in this I'm not sure where to begin, anyone wanna help?

(Sorry for ripping your thread of btw Gonzaga. :eek:)

europe-map%20Download%20EURO%20MAP%20Gif%2001%2018%2008.gif

mowque

Banned
Man, somebody loved to Balkainzation. Although weird Italy wank, I wonder which state took over?

Wha!? What happened to Russia? It's surrounded by places I've never heard of as countries... Estonia? Latvia? Ukraine? Belarus? And what's with that huge yellow blog called Kazakhstan? Whoever made this ATL probably just banged on the keyboard to figure out the names of these places.

EDIT- Just noticed that Russia's capital is moved from St. Petersburg... weird.

Ok, I don't know how the hell he dismantled the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth! And how did Berlin come about again? That was only used until the 1800's, when it became Kosciusko.....

Whoa, they made Germany incredibadly small, and look at that Polish Wank, and wtf is Turkey, isnt it called the Ottoman empire?

maverick

Banned
My God, that map is insane...

On the other hand, Rome is the capital of Italy, this obviously means the Papal estates unified the peninsula and run it as a theocracy...I find that interesting...

The middle east looks like it was drawn by a five year old...there's like five countries in what was otherwise the backwaters of the Ottoman Empire

The Author also obviously hates Hungary...given as how he made up a country (Roma-nia? is this a gypsy wank?) to deny Hungary Transylvania

Edit: also, the neo-crusader calls itself 'Israel', the ancient name of the jews in the old testament, that's pretty funny...

Well, I must admit that the map is done rather nicely, from an aesthetic point of view. It looks very much real, doesn't it?

As for the timeline itself - while a lot of things seem implausible, at least the guy seems imaginative. I find the presence of a strange mid-sized Russia rather strange though: as someone pointed out, it has lost its Livonian territories and even a large part of the Ukrainian breadbasket, not to mention at least a part of its Central Asian holdings, but still retains places such as Karelia, Smolensk and the Don-Kuban lowlands.

Valdemar II

Banned
Well, I must admit that the map is done rather nicely, from an aesthetic point of view. It looks very much real, doesn't it?

As for the timeline itself - while a lot of things seem implausible, at least the guy seems imaginative. I find the presence of a strange mid-sized Russia rather strange though: as someone pointed out, it has lost its Livonian territories and even a large part of the Ukrainian breadbasket, not to mention at least a part of its Central Asian holdings, but still retains places such as Karelia, Smolensk and the Don-Kuban lowlands.

Yes and the fact it own Northen Ducal Prussia is blowing my mind completely. Beside that Poland it seems to have German majority, but most of it cities use a varians of Slavic spelling, while in Denmark Kjoebenhavn is spelled with Low German Copenhagen, that together with the loss of most of Norway and Scania must indicate that Denmark has been partipated between some North German state (which has lost it German territorium later) and Sweden, and the Danish king must have kept Norway since it's independent, and why is Finland independent that doesn't make any sense at all.