Casting a "Dies the Fire" Movie

Just got done with "Dies the Fire." I expected not to like it (I thought the entire concept sounded kind of silly), but it's actually quite good. I ended up recommending it to some people that I know.

Now, if it were made into a movie or TV show, who would be ideal cast members be?

For some reason, I'm thinking John Lithgow as Arminger, and Clive Owen as Alleyne Loring. However, for the life of me, I can't quite recall what those characters actually looked like. Owens' has got the British action-hero thing going, but he might look completely different from Alleyne, while Lithgow is probably the right age, but I have no idea how well he could pull a villain (he was the annoying preacher in "Footloose" I think, but that guy wasn't really evil, and Arminger is).

Any ideas?

Diamond

Banned
I think Lithgow could do a pretty convincing job as Arminger. Remember 'Cliffhanger' and 'Raising Cain', and that Denzel Washington movie whose name escapes me? He played pretty convincing villians in those...

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Well there is this thread https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=21904&highlight=dies+fire

Mike Havel - Dominic Purcell
Signe - Jessica Biel
Eric - Jake Gyllanhaal
Astrid - Mika Boorem
Sam Alyward -Clive Owen
Will Hutton - Don Cheadle
Lady Juniper - Scarett Johannson
Protector - William Dafoe (might be a little long in the tooth)

Well, they aren't really from DTF but...

Nigel - Russell Crowe
Allyene - Heath Ledger
Little John - The Rock (a bit of a stretch, but just too much fun to leave off)

Mack - Michael Clarke Duncan
Luanne - Jessica Alba
Pam - Bridget Monyahan
Ken Larsson -John M Jackson

Interesting. I think Julianne Moore (especially a few years ago) would be a better choice for Juniper, provided she can sing.

Ken Larsson? For some reason it just seems like the perfect role for Rutger Hauer.

I always pictured Gary Oldman as the Lord Protecter.