British/American Role Reversal

This is kind of an odd thought I've been having these last few days. It's pretty unlikely, but is it at all possible to have the First World War with an America allied to France and Russia with a British Empire sitting on the sidelines?

I've been thinking how very different the war would have played out, and the idea kind of fascinates me.

hmmm....this is something i would normally lurk on but im going to throw my to cents in any way...

i think to change the alliance system you would have to change George Washington's stance on foreign relations which basically set the precedent for U.S. foreign policy. it was a very isolastist policy which, sure was put to the way side from time to time, i.e. Mexico, Cuba, the Philippines. but change that and keep relations with France very strong through out the years.

Russia is trickier since its Russia. Sure they were the closest thing to an ally the U.S. had during the Civil War, but they were completely different in culture, ideology, etc. etc.

are you saying England is completely isolationist? it would be difficult to be so due mainly to the Empire, but i can see the crown maybe looking to domestic and imperial affairs instead of meddling in the business of the continent...

my sugestion, change the Napoleonic Wars, America's Foreign policy, and even the events of 1848...just food for thought