Avoiding the Saint Bartholomew's Day Massacre

The Massacre of the Huguenots in 1572 went down during a dark period of the religious wars and most definitely tarnished France's reputation abroad, especially with the Protestant powers. It also ended the life of the able Admiral Coligny and the moderate Catholic Politique faction, giving the Ultra-Catholics and the Guises an increase in power that would run it's course and cause even more chaos.

Is there a way to avoid the massacre, perhaps with the Protestant leaders being better informed? It's well known that the king was influenced by Coligny but ultimately ordered the massacre along with his mother, who also held great sway over him. If the king is tempered, perhaps his mother can be sidelined? No massacre seems a much better option, for it continued Coligny's influences: despite his anti-Spanish bias and hopes for invading the Low Countries, a sentiment that the Duke of Alençon certainly shared, he was much better at steering the ship of state despite his hatred, considering after his death the remainder of the 1570s and 1580s saw numerous wars break out with numerous peaces that were trampled on.

One positive note is without the massacre to way upon him, Charles IX may live longer. He had a daughter born a few months after the massacre, so even if he does end up dying young, he still may be able to sire a son.

I don't know of an elegant way to do it, other than throwing something else in the mix: another crisis, maybe, or key players being away from Paris making it difficult to coordinate across different places at once.

Anything, even messy would do. Maybe something to delay the marriage of Marguerite de Valois to Henry IV? Some sort of terms forcing the Protestant forces into the field temporarily allowing them to score some victories over the Catholic Party but with Coligny ultimately mediating to help keep the peace?

Quite curious as I think it'll be the big POD for achieving what I want in a TL I'm planning with the PoP on hiatus.