As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Question: What would Saban want with the WWA after McMahon's death. If Saban wants a pro wrestling show on SBC to whatever, he might as well go with the TNA promotion since it is new and would be something different to the network. Buying the WWA would be a dreadful idea for anyone who would buy it. It's not worth it.

Basically a bad idea.
Exactly, just let the WWA die and burn after the whole SHITTING INCIDENT.

And now I'm going to hate myself in the morning.
Why would a movie be replaced by a television series?
Exactly.

Ian78657

Banned
@OldNavy1988 and @TheFaultsofAlts maybe Brother Bear should be replaced with Cat and Dog Kingdom where a human boy was travel to the kingdom of Cats and Dogs Kingdom to rescue the Cat Princess from evil wizard with help from his friends. Also Phineas and Ferb should stay as Television series.

Last edited:
TBH, originally, Home on the Range IOTL was originally pitched by Mike Gabriel and Michael Giamo as a way different movie called Sweating Bullets, which was a supernatural western about a timid cowboy who visits a ghost town and confronts an undead cattle hustler named Slim. However, story problems let to the story being changed to be about a little bull named Bullets, that wanted to be more like the horses that led the herd, then changed again to the story we got IOTL. By then, Gabriel and Giamo had been both deattached to the project, and Will Finn and John Sanford became the directors, plus with IOTL Disney slowing losing intrest in 2D feature animation, Home on the Range seems to have earned itself a reputation for fully killing 2D feature animation (despite some attempts to revive it, some from Disney itself...).

Prehaps ITTL, instead of what we got IOTL with HOTR, maybe Gabriel and Giamo get what they originally planned for Sweating Bullets off the story problem grounds, and it takes HOTR's place?
That sounds pretty fine.
And while we're on the topic on unrealized 2000s Disney films:
We can please see all of these be realized ITTL?
Maybe not all of them, since Musicana can be seen as Fantasia 3 in some regards, but American Dog can replace Bolt, while Fraidy Cat could replace Chicken Little...

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe all of them can be done in this timeline.
Also, with Ice Age coming up in 2002 soon, unless we risk a lawsuit from Ivy Supersonic and her "Sqrat" character, I suggest a diffrent name for Scrat. The character himself can stay in though.
Why not call this character "Snoit"? Sure, it doesn't sound as catchy as "Scrat", but at least it's unique enough to not get sued about it.
Yep. At least when Madeline got a movie in 1988 by DIC Entertainment, they had a few books to base the film off of, and it worked out beautifully for them and early-90s NBC.
@TheFaultsofAlts maybe Brother Bear should be replaced with Cat and Dog Kingdom where a human boy was travel to the kingdom of Cats and Dogs Kingdom to rescue the Cat Princess from evil wizard with help from his friends.
Maybe it's just me, but that concept probably wouldn't work.

That sounds pretty fine.

Maybe not all of them, since Musicana can be seen as Fantasia 3 in some regards, but American Dog can replace Bolt, while Fraidy Cat could replace Chicken Little...

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe all of them can be done in this timeline.

Why not call this character "Snoit"? Sure, it doesn't sound as catchy as "Scrat", but at least it's unique enough to not get sued about it.

Yep. At least when Madeline got a movie in 1988 by DIC Entertainment, they had a few books to base the film off of, and it worked out beautifully for them and early-90s NBC.

Maybe it's just me, but that concept probably wouldn't work.
Yeah.

Exactly, just let the WWA die and burn after the whole SHITTING INCIDENT.
it's not just for that dude... But for Vince to come back to the company and just be given reign to the company he lost due to the lawsuits in the early 90s. That was the final straw that broke the backs of loyal WWA fans that saw the company coming back after his sentencing and were seeing talented stars like Austin and the Rock. Something tells me that Vince killing himself was for another reason. Maybe he was in debt due to the money loss. Or maybe he didn't want to go back to jail. Given the fact he also was given the company from Vince Sr. maybe he realise he shouldn't have come back and should have left it as it was. WWA was doing just fine without him, but people higher up wanted him back and did a takeover for him to return.

Vince McMahon here, while still an asshat for what happened and not altering who he was as a person, is still a serious cautionary tale. Kinda reflecting honestly on the world in this timeline as a whole. With Harvey being in charge, the Republicans are back to square one where they were with Bundy as President. It is a cycle that people, companies, or organizations keep doing. Learn and adapt or be swept away by change. (Personally, I see it happening here IOTL so much since the 2010s...)

Sorry for going on a TED talks rant that feels unnecessary but wanted to point it out since I just realize it just now. Hope everyone here understands.

(BTW I kept wanting to post it but starred at it for a good bit due to worrying about the subject I brought up. Not worth discussing here, best for DM and such...)

@TheFaultsofAlts when Phineas and Ferb premiered in 2007 or 2008 maybe we should still have Marvel and Star Wars Special ITTL.
I agree, especially with Disney buying Marvel in the 70s, and still owning some attributes of Star Wars as of the early 2000s.

Maybe we can also have an anime-based special as a giant reference pot to Fox's magnificent dubbing power?

it's not just for that dude... But for Vince to come back to the company and just be given reign to the company he lost due to the lawsuits in the early 90s. That was the final straw that broke the backs of loyal WWA fans that saw the company coming back after his sentencing and were seeing talented stars like Austin and the Rock. Something tells me that Vince killing himself was for another reason. Maybe he was in debt due to the money loss. Or maybe he didn't want to go back to jail. Given the fact he also was given the company from Vince Sr. maybe he realise he shouldn't have come back and should have left it as it was. WWA was doing just fine without him, but people higher up wanted him back and did a takeover for him to return.

Vince McMahon here, while still an asshat for what happened and not altering who he was as a person, is still a serious cautionary tale. Kinda reflecting honestly on the world in this timeline as a whole. With Harvey being in charge, the Republicans are back to square one where they were with Bundy as President. It is a cycle that people, companies, or organizations keep doing. Learn and adapt or be swept away by change. (Personally, I see it happening here IOTL so much since the 2010s...)

Sorry for going on a TED talks rant that feels unnecessary but wanted to point it out since I just realize it just now. Hope everyone here understands.

(BTW I kept wanting to post it but starred at it for a good bit due to worrying about the subject I brought up. Not worth discussing here, best for DM and such...)
Oh....

Who killed themselves?

And no need to apologize for the TED Talk.

Don't forget that major cities like New York, Los Angeles and Chicago temporarily kept the WWA out of their arenas as a precautionary measure after the Rikishi Diarrhea incident. Getting banned from Madison Square Garden by Mayor Giuliani's health czar was the real kicker for Vince because MSG was the venue for many iconic WWA moments in the past. Democrats and Reformers talked President Weinstein out of giving Vince the bailout he wanted when the two met in the Oval Office. Stephanie cut all ties with Vince after the Diarrhea incident, and she didn't learn of her father's suicide until she heard from Linda on the telephone. Toys R Us and Kay Bee Toys (Remember those stores?) pulled all WWA action figures from their shelves.

Don't forget that major cities like New York, Los Angeles and Chicago temporarily kept the WWA out of their arenas as a precautionary measure after the Rikishi Diarrhea incident. Getting banned from Madison Square Garden by Mayor Giuliani's health czar was the real kicker for Vince because MSG was the venue for many iconic WWA moments in the past. Democrats and Reformers talked President Weinstein out of giving Vince the bailout he wanted when the two met in the Oval Office. Stephanie cut all ties with Vince after the Diarrhea incident, and she didn't learn of her father's suicide until she heard from Linda on the telephone.
True. I wasn't trying to gloss over that fact but I was trying to comment on how history should be learned by past mistakes. Suprise that Weinstein didn't just ignore the other two parties and bail Vince out. Itself would be a "What Could Have Been" on its own. Though it wouldn't avoid Vince killing himself after a while. Probably postpone it for a bit. Honestly not surprised that Stephanie didn't know about Vince killing himself till her own mother pointed it out. She probably wanted to move on from it. Still, wondering where Shane is in all this?
Oh....

Who killed themselves?

And no need to apologize for the TED Talk.
Honestly was out of character of me. Still needed to get it out there. Personally don't feel comfortable talking about it out in the open, so it is a rare sight for me.
Toys R Us and Kay Bee Toys (Remember those stores?)
Dude... Remember Electronic Boutique. XD

I feel old just hearing KB Toys, I remember the one in the Lufkin Mall (around 1997-98). It became the GameStop till they bought out EB Games...

True. I wasn't trying to gloss over that fact but I was trying to comment on how history should be learned by past mistakes. Suprise that Weinstein didn't just ignore the other two parties and bail Vince out. Itself would be a "What Could Have Been" on its own. Though it wouldn't avoid Vince killing himself after a while. Probably postpone it for a bit. Honestly not surprised that Stephanie didn't know about Vince killing himself till her own mother pointed it out. She probably wanted to move on from it. Still, wondering where Shane is in all this?

Honestly was out of character of me. Still needed to get it out there. Personally don't feel comfortable talking about it out in the open, so it is a rare sight for me.

Dude... Remember Electronic Boutique. XD

I feel old just hearing KB Toys, I remember the one in the Lufkin Mall (around 1997-98). It became the GameStop till they bought out EB Games...
Wrestling-wise, Shane is a free agent. Outside the ring, Shane is mourning his father's suicide right now.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm rooting for President Weinstein ITTL. Sure, he may be a perv, but at least he isn't a Soviet-backed war criminal.

Entertainment News for Early December 2001

After seven years of war crime trials, the International Criminal Court has found former US President Ted Bundy guilty of his role in the execution of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein without due process during the Gulf War.
- The Washington Post

All major Hollywood studios have been forced to cut off all media exports to Russia due to strict economic sanctions imposed by President Weinstein.
- CNN

US President Harvey Weinstein and UK Prime Minister Tony Blair meet in the Oval Office to discuss how their respective countries will handle the influx of Australian asylum seekers amid Rolf Harris winning re-election despite overwhelming allegations of accepting help from Russia to swing the 1998 vote in his favor.
- BBC News

At a speech in Red Square, Vladimir Putin congratulated Rolf Harris on his re-election.
- MSNBC

After seven years of war crime trials, the International Criminal Court has found former US President Ted Bundy guilty of his role in the execution of former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein without due process during the Gulf War.
- The Washington Post

All major Hollywood studios have been forced to cut off all media exports to Russia due to strict economic sanctions imposed by President Weinstein.
- CNN

US President Harvey Weinstein and UK Prime Minister Tony Blair meet in the Oval Office to discuss how their respective countries will handle the influx of Australian asylum seekers amid Rolf Harris winning re-election despite overwhelming allegations of accepting help from Russia to swing the 1998 vote in his favor.
- BBC News

At a speech in Red Square, Vladimir Putin congratulated Rolf Harris on his re-election.
- MSNBC
I take that there will be no iraq war because of bundy killig saddam and because winesinte killing bin laden. I would suggest also butteflying the afganistan war unless america decides to inverne if iran invades. Iran almost invaded affaganistan in 1998 due to the tlaibn killing thier dimpolamts but were talkd out of their plans. It is possible that the taliban will enrage iran again if america dosn't invade affigansitn. If the afganistan war is butteflied how about an invasion of north korea instead because unlike iraq north korea really had a nuclear program