As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Early January 2008
Entertainment News for Early January 2008

Bally reaches an agreement with WGN and Tribune Media to bring Bozo the Clown back to television after a nine year hiatus in 2010.
- The Chicago Tribune

The Sports Page

The Henson and Disney platforms agree to a 50/50 split for the television coverage of the Goodwill Games starting in 2009 and running through 2015. For Henson, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and XYZ will cover some events while others will be carried by Fox, FX and VH1.
- ESPN

FX outbids ESPN for Wednesday and Friday night rights to the NBA while ABC and UPN reach an agreement to share the weekend afternoon rights.
- ESPN

TBS-Paramount outbids Peacock, Henson and Disney for the 2014 and '18 World Cups. Coverage will span across UPN, TNT, TBS and MTV. The 2014 World Cup will be TNT's first since the 1990 World Cup which was held in Italy.
- TSN

FIFA president Sepp Blatter announces that the '14 and '18 World Cups will be held in Brazil and the United Kingdom respectively.
- ESPN

TBS-Paramount gains the rights to the Winter Olympics in 2014 and '18 while Peacock retains the Summer Games through 2020.
- TSN

Bally reaches an agreement with WGN and Tribune Media to bring Bozo the Clown back to television after a nine year hiatus in 2010.
- The Chicago Tribune

The Sports Page
The Henson and Disney platforms agree to a 50/50 split for the television coverage of the Goodwill Games starting in 2009 and running through 2015. For Henson, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and XYZ will cover some events while others will be carried by Fox, FX and VH1.
- ESPN

FX outbids ESPN for Wednesday and Friday night rights to the NBA while ABC and UPN reach an agreement to share the weekend afternoon rights.
- ESPN

TBS-Paramount outbids Peacock, Henson and Disney for the 2014 and '18 World Cups. Coverage will span across UPN, TNT, TBS and MTV. The 2014 World Cup will be TNT's first since the 1990 World Cup which was held in Italy.
- TSN

FIFA president Sepp Blatter announces that the '14 and '18 World Cups will be held in Brazil and the United Kingdom respectively.
- ESPN

TBS-Paramount gains the rights to the Winter Olympics in 2014 and '18 while Peacock retains the Summer Games through 2020.
- TSN
1: Yes! This is great!
2: Best case scenario.
3: Nice.
4: Overall, a good time.

@WB18 @TheMatthew25 @stratonapba
NFL Playoff Seeding for 2007-08

SeedAFCNFC
1Indianapolis Colts (AFC North Champs)Los Angeles Rams (NFC West Champs)
2Las Vegas Raiders (AFC West Champs)Green Bay Packers (NFC North Champs)
3Carolina Panthers (AFC South Champs)Dallas Cowboys (NFC East Champs)
4Baltimore Marauders (AFC East Champs)New Orleans Saints (NFC South Champs)
5San Diego Chargers (Wild Card)Arizona Cardinals (Wild Card)
6Pittsburgh Steelers (Wild Card)Seattle Seahawks (Wild Card)

Confirmed timeline for sensory-friendly upgrades at major sports venues:

Sempra Energy Center; San Diego, CA (NHL Mighty Ducks, NBA Clippers)

Circle K Dome; Phoenix, AZ (NFL Cardinals, MLB Diamondbacks)
Fenway Park; Boston, MA (MLB Red Sox)
CMGI Field; Foxboro, MA (NFL Patriots; MLS Revolution)
New Wembley Stadium; London, England (WLAF Monarchs)
Dodger Dome; Brooklyn, NY (MLB Dodgers)
Jack in the Box Stadium; San Diego, CA (NFL Chargers, MLS Sockers, WMLS Wave)
HP Pavilion; San Jose, CA (NHL Sharks)

Lucas Oil Stadium; Indianapolis, IN (NFL Colts)
Edward Jones Dome; St Louis, MO (NFL Sorcerers)
America West Arena; Phoenix, AZ (NBA Suns, AFL Rattlers)
Hampden Park; Glasgow, Scotland (WLAF Claymores)
Michelob Ultra Dome; Las Vegas, NV (NFL Raiders; UNLV Rebels) [1]
Amblin Field; Los Angeles, CA (NFL Rams, WLAF Avengers)
MGM Resorts Arena; Las Vegas, NV (NHL Silver Knights)
New Yankee Stadium; Bronx, NY (MLB Yankees)
Joe Robbie Stadium; Miami, FL (NFL Dolphins)
Olympiastadion; Berlin, Germany (WLAF Ogres)
Chevron Stadium; San Francisco, CA (NFL 49ers)
Southwest Airlines Stadium; Arlington, TX (NFL Cowboys) [2]

Wachovia Center; Philadelphia, PA (NBA 76ers, NHL Flyers, AFL Soul)
Amway Center; Orlando, FL (NBA Magic, IHL Solar Bears, AFL Predators)
AT&T Park; San Francisco, CA (MLB Seals)
Target Field; Minneapolis, MN (MLB Twins)
MetLife Stadium; East Rutherford, NJ (NFL Giants)
Arrowhead Stadium; Kansas City, MO (NFL Chiefs)
Prudential Center; Newark, NJ (NBA Nets, IHL Devils, AFL Red Dogs)
Petco Park; San Diego, CA (MLB Padres)
Georgia Dome; Atlanta, GA (NFL Falcons)
Legion Field; Birmingham, AL (WLAF Maulers)
Johan Cruyff Arena; Amsterdam, Holland (WLAF Admirals)
NRG Stadium; Houston, TX (NFL Oilers)
Molson Centre; Montreal, Canada (NHL Canadiens)
Kauffman Stadium; Kansas City, MO (MLB Monarchs)

BC Place; Vancouver, Canada (CFL Lions, WLAF Orcas, MLS Whitecaps)
MTS Centre; Winnipeg, Canada (NHL Jets)
TCF Bank Stadium; Minneapolis, MN (NFL Vikings)
Montjuic Stadium; Barcelona, Spain (WLAF Dragons)
Ice Palace; Tampa, FL (NHL Lightning, AFL Storm)
Rentschler Field; Hartford, CT (WLAF Knights)
Madison Square Garden; New York City (NHL Rangers, NBA Knicks)
Sony Ericsson Stadium; Charlotte, NC (NFL Panthers)
Anaheim Stadium; Anaheim, CA (MLB Hollywood Stars)
Rogers Skydome; Toronto, Canada (MLB Blue Jays, WLAF Huskies, CFL Argonauts)
Anaheim Convention Center; Anaheim, CA (AFL Piranhas)
Commerzbank Arena; Frankfurt, Germany (WLAF Galaxy)
Walgreens Park; Washington, DC (MLB Grays)
Legendary Field at Camden Yards; Baltimore, MD (WLAF Ravens, NFL Marauders)

Amazon Arena; Seattle, WA (NBA Supersonics, NHL Thunderbirds, AFL Grunge)
Toyota Center; Houston, TX (NBA Rockets, NHL Aeros)
Audi Field; Washington, DC (NFL Heroes, MLS DC United)
Limited Run Rose Garden; Portland, OR (NBA Trail Blazers, IHL Buckaroos)
Nike Delta Dome; Portland, OR (WLAF Breakers, MLS Timbers)
Nintendo Stadium; Seattle, WA (NFL Seahawks, MLS Sounders)
Smoothie King Center; New Orleans, LA (NBA Jazz, IHL Revelers, AFL Voodoo)
Delta Center; Salt Lake City, UT (NBA Raptors, IHL Grizzlies)
Esprit Arena; Dusseldorf, Germany (WLAF Rhein Fire)

TBD
Marlins proposed ballpark
Citi Field; Queens, NY (NFL Jets; MLS Cosmos)
Dimples Fieldhouse; Sacramento, CA (NBA Royals)
Oracle Field; Oakland, CA (MLB Athletics)

[1] Opened in 2000 as Bally's Glamour Dome on the OTL Allegiant Stadium site
[2] Known IOTL as Jerry World

Entertainment News for Early January 2008 Part 2
Entertainment News for Early January 2008 Part 2

Jeffrey Bewkes' future at Bally will be determined by a shareholder vote on the Wednesday after MLK Day.
- CNBC

Herb Scannell, Bob Iger, Byron Allen among potential candidates to succeed Bewkes at Bally.
- Reuters

Limited Run will retain Portland headquarters while setting up production facilities for exclusive content at the former Turner backlot in Atlanta.
- The Oregonian

Joyce Chung (Wife of Tiffany Disney)
"I grew up in the Bay Area. When I was seven years old, my reward for keeping my room clean for the whole month of April 1990 was I got to go see the first TMNT movie at the Grand Lake Theatre in Oakland. On our way home, a drunk driver running a red light crashed into my parents' car. Next thing I knew, I woke up at Kaiser Permanente and the doctors gave me the horrible news that I sustained spinal injuries that left me with incontinence. I soon learned that my parents did not survive the wreck. I wore my seat belt and they didn't. Startng in August of that year after finishing physical therapy, I spent the rest of my childhood with my grandparents. I met Tiffany at an incontinence support group while we were both attending San Diego State University."
- Interview with the San Diego Union-Tribune.

Jeffrey Bewkes' future at Bally will be determined by a shareholder vote on the Wednesday after MLK Day.
- CNBC

Herb Scannell, Bob Iger, Byron Allen among potential candidates to succeed Bewkes at Bally.
- Reuters

Limited Run will retain Portland headquarters while setting up production facilities for exclusive content at the former Turner backlot in Atlanta.
- The Oregonian

Joyce Chung (Wife of Tiffany Disney)
"I grew up in the Bay Area. When I was seven years old, my reward for keeping my room clean for the whole month of April 1990 was I got to go see the first TMNT movie at the Grand Lake Theatre in Oakland. On our way home, a drunk driver running a red light crashed into my parents' car. Next thing I knew, I woke up at Kaiser Permanente and the doctors gave me the horrible news that I sustained spinal injuries that left me with incontinence. I soon learned that my parents did not survive the wreck. I wore my seat belt and they didn't. Startng in August of that year after finishing physical therapy, I spent the rest of my childhood with my grandparents. I met Tiffany at an incontinence support group while we were both attending San Diego State University."
- Interview with the San Diego Union-Tribune.
1: I'd bet on Herb Scannell to succeed Bewkes, and to succeed in general.
2: Cool!
3: I feel awful for her, but has her opinion on that movie been soured by this chain of events? I'd think that would be the case.

1: I'd bet on Herb Scannell to succeed Bewkes, and to succeed in general.
2: Cool!
3: I feel awful for her, but has her opinion on that movie been soured by this chain of events? I'd think that would be the case.

Joyce on TMNT:
"I do remember seeing Secret of the Ooze with my second grade class, but it really wasn't until I became an adult and I met Tiffany that I felt like I healed emotionally to be able to look at the original a second time."

"In the immediate years after the accident, anytime a classmate or a neighbor invited me to watch the first film, I got very nervous because I always had in the back of my mind what I went through when I was seven."

Joyce on TMNT:
"I do remember seeing Secret of the Ooze with my second grade class, but it really wasn't until I became an adult and I met Tiffany that I felt like I healed emotionally to be able to look at the original a second time."

"In the immediate years after the accident, anytime a classmate or a neighbor invited me to watch the first film, I got very nervous because I always had in the back of my mind what I went through when I was seven."
This is exactly what I thought would happen, as sad as that sounds.