AH Challenge: Western countries adopt Chinese script

Your challenge is as one would expect from the title- have at least one major Western language predominantly written in Chinese script. Define "western" as being Europe, or if your POD is post-Columbian, you can include the Americas as well. Mixed alphabetic-logographic systems are permitted, as long as the logographic component is made up of Chinese characters.

The POD limit is placed at 2650 BC, which I believe is the legendary date for the development of the script. If you need a POD before that, it seems a bit silly. Later PODs are preferable to early ones, post-Jesus is even better, and post-Columbian would be just great.

Does Central Asia count? What about Siberia? Otherwise, it would have to be an absurd China world conquest wank.
One would think "Europe" would fairly clearly not include Central Asia. :p The farthest east I'd really like to go is the Caucasus and the Urals...

Okay.

1. Yuan last longer by Sinifying even more
2. Eventually the Chinese kick them out anwyay
3. Mongol script not in use, now use Chinese writing
4. Part of Mongol tribes migrates west in the 17th/18th c. e.g. like Kalmycks
5. Russia is busy with the Great Northern War, Crimea is very weak, Cossacks are in disarray.
6. Kalmycks settle in Western Russia/Ukraine/Bessarabia
7. Russia recovers, conquers them but leaves them some self-governance
8. In WW1 the Russian Empire collapses, Kalmycks gain independence
9a. Ineffectual military juntas take over from each other for several decades in Russia, preventing subsumation
9b. Kalmyck SSR is created but Western Kalmykia is part of Mitteleuropa/Mezdumorze or something
10. In a post-USSR world, Western Kalmycks are independent again, with traditionalists insisting on restoring Chinese writing, cyrillic remaining the more common day-to-day version, or perhaps the two coexist like in Japan.

Best I can do right now.

wormyguy

Banned
One would think "Europe" would fairly clearly not include Central Asia. :p The farthest east I'd really like to go is the Caucasus and the Urals...

Oh, because it wouldn't be too hard to get the Yuezhi (Greeks living in what is today Tibet, one of the leftovers of Alexander the Great's empire) to be subjugated to the Chinese emperor.

I suppose if your going quite ASB, you could have a Yuezhi/Chinese alliance that conquers Greece, but that's a bit silly. It's also difficult because a phonetic alphabet, like the Greek, Latin, and Cyrillic ones, are simply more intuitive for people to learn and use, so it is unlikely that Europeans would convert to using Chinese characters by preference.

Oh, because it wouldn't be too hard to get the Yuezhi (Greeks living in what is today Tibet, one of the leftovers of Alexander the Great's empire) to be subjugated to the Chinese emperor.
Leave the thread now, please. The Yuezhi were not Greeks. :mad:
They were Indo-Europeans from the Tocharian Basin who migrated into Tibet before moving further south.