A Man is Finished When He Quits - The Presidency of Richard M. Nixon (Redux)

3A4VdtMh.png

I figured I might as well pop in from time to time until the relaunch to keep everyone posted and updated, so here we go, I guess you can consider this the first "dev diary" for 3.0

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who started reading this timeline all the way back in its first iteration and again through this redux attempt, and I hope that you will all return for version 3.0, along with new readers. I in no way figured this would still be a work in progress back then, and although this story has started to feel like my white whale, I'm very excited to be bringing it back into the public eye. So, while I do my best to maintain a 'Full Speed Ahead' attitude, I thought I might cover a few things,

1) Version 3.0 will start fresh with a new thread, until then I can think of no better place to continue discussion on this timeline, and to receive ideas, criticisms, and subsequent discussion than right here. I am hoping that we can get some active conversations going in the lead-up to 3.0's launch.

2) Version 3.0, unlike 1.0 and the redux, will be primarily done through a narrative and character format of storytelling. Therefore, it will read much more like a traditional book rather than a collection of documents and quotations. This has easily been the hardest part for me to do, but I feel that it will create a better experience and allow for a much desired publication in the future. This is not to say that document excerpts, etc. won't be included when it best helps the experience, just that they will not be the primary voice anymore.

3) I am planning to rework a great deal of the events that take place in this timeline (including but not limited to Gagarin, and the American Invasion of Cuba). So rest assured, even though we are restarting at the beginning, it will not just be a 1:1 retread of the ground we have already covered.

Thanks again everybody, I am very excited to get this going again,

If there are any questions or suggestions for 3.0, again, please feel free to share either in the thread here or over pm,

Last edited: