I see them being even less popular than IRL and not really making a ripple, especially since, so far, conventional governance hasn't faced any big failures.
Mosley was always an opportunist so he might go another route in a world where fascism is seen as the creed of backward second rate powers. Not sure what though. He's an unlikely communist and he certainly wasn't staying in the Labour party.

Will fascism be the main far-right ideology ITTL, or will integralism ala Action Francaise also see some success relative to OTL?

Will fascism be the main far-right ideology ITTL, or will integralism ala Action Francaise also see some success relative to OTL?
Fascism will be the main one, but many of the variants which exist in the 1950's and later will be unrecognisable to Mussolini followers.

Integralism is going to get a bit of a boost but it occupies a weird niche that I don't see being terribly popular.

Last edited:
Can you explain some of the ideas you had for early-1930s Germany but you dropped, as any other ideas you had would be spoiling things?
For example, von Lettow-Vorbeck forming a coalition with more Right-wing parties, or the Croix de Feu not being absorbed and so the French Right fading into obscurity.

Adenauer running the conference with Poland and achieving a non-aggression pact was another one, as was Italy winning territorial concessions as a counter to invading Ethiopia.

Fascism will be the main one, but many of the variants which exist in the 1950's and later will be unrecognisable to Mussolini followers.
Inb4 "tropical fascism" (or something like Footprint of Mussolini's Afro-Fascism) is a bigger phenomenon ITTL.
For example, von Lettow-Vorbeck forming a coalition with more Right-wing parties, or the Croix de Feu not being absorbed and so the French Right fading into obscurity.

Adenauer running the conference with Poland and achieving a non-aggression pact was another one, as was Italy winning territorial concessions as a counter to invading Ethiopia.
Any reason you rejected those ideas, then?

Inb4 "tropical fascism" (or something like Footprint of Mussolini's Afro-Fascism) is a bigger phenomenon ITTL.

Any reason you rejected those ideas, then?
Generally just because I either felt that it did not fit the motivations of the characters or because it did not play into how I saw the general trend of the story progressing.

For another one, I considered Dollfuß being unable to suppress unrest in Austria and it triggering a Civil War and German militarily intervening along with Italy, but I did not like that for a lot of reasons.

For another one, I considered Dollfuß being unable to suppress unrest in Austria and it triggering a Civil War and German militarily intervening along with Italy, but I did not like that for a lot of reasons.
On that note, such an incident could have been darkly humorous in how poorly-armed/equipped the militaries involved would be, especially with how the Reichswehr is still shaking off the military restrictions imposed on it by Versailles. And speaking of which, what could be an interesting interlude later on could be something from TTL's AH.Com discussing a TL entitled "8mm to the Right", in which one Adolf Hitler survives the Beer Hall Putsch instead of what happens ITTL.

Last edited:
On that note, such an incident could have been darkly humorous in how poorly-armed/equipped the militaries involved would be, especially with how the Reichswehr is still shaking off the military restrictions imposed on it by Versailles. And speaking of which, what could be an interesting interlude later on could be something from TTL's AH.Com discussing a TL entitled "8mm to the Right", in which one Adolf Hitler survives the Beer Hall Putsch instead of what happens ITTL.
Oh, definitely, it would have triggered an Italian intervention and their army would have been stronger, if more poorly-trained, than the German one. I think that there would be a good chance of Poland trying to claim a bit of territory if Germany looked weak enough.

Again you prove your psychic-ness! I am literally writing a chapter called "8mm to the Right" right now. I am wholly convinced, now.

Though most people in this world will see Göring as the potential alternate dictator. Hitler will generally be envisioned as a helper figure.

Again you prove your psychic-ness! I am literally writing a chapter called "8mm to the Right" right now. I am wholly convinced, now.

Though most people in this world will see Göring as the potential alternate dictator. Hitler will generally be envisioned as a helper figure.
A failed painter being leader of Germany and surpassing the Japanese Empire or the Soviet Union in evil? What childish fantasy, am I right?

A failed painter being leader of Germany and surpassing the Japanese Empire or the Soviet Union in evil? What childish fantasy, am I right?
Completely ASB. And Germany knocking out all of Western Europe in the span of a couple weeks? What's next, fascists and communists teaming up?

Tbf writing 'ittl writer writes an AH of otl' is not uncommon, but it's a very fun thought experiment. The weird things that we take for granted, like Hitler's actions, would all be seen as insane by normal ppl.
Yep exactly lol, any 'otl tl' would be seen as an insane German screw.

Completely ASB. And Germany knocking out all of Western Europe in the span of a couple weeks? What's next, fascists and communists teaming up?
And yeah, I take it my comment that the Japanese Empire and the Soviet Union are very much TTL's "go-to epitome of evil in modern times" is spot-on, especially with Soviet purges and famines and Japanese war crimes in China and Southeast Asia in mind?

And yeah, I take it my comment that the Japanese Empire and the Soviet Union are very much TTL's "go-to epitome of evil in modern times" is spot-on, especially with Soviet purges and famines and Japanese war crimes in China and Southeast Asia in mind?
Tbf we don't know if Japan will destroy their way through China, but otherwise yeah.
Well... dividing a nation between rival ideological powers won't be as strange in this world as you might expect...
Tbf the German screw thing is Prussia being given to Russia and Poland.

That's interesting... I've no idea who and what will do this, and where too.

My (insane and unsubstantiated) guess is Yugoslavia. Would add to the 'why tf are we doing this' feel.