The R-QBAM main thread

It's great to see that both the Americas are finally done. Good luck on the rest of the world, there is not that much that remains to be done.
Yeah, once this is done I'll go in myself and start adding in a few historical updates for the US, mostly focusing on dates when states are added and the like.

Well... almost all of those "rivers" are actually just really skinny reservoires, so they're not actually thin rivers.
This is most noticeable with the Amazon which is dammed nowhere along its length.
Then again, making a map is definitely more of an art than a science. I think there is no real set-in-stone rule for which rivers are added in.
Yes and I would strongly prefer to err on the side of showing fewer or no rivers because they damage the utility of the map.

I agree. I respect Tany's choices, but personally I wouldn't have 1px noodles of rivers everywhere (especially Mackenzie and Pechora look awful imo)
Volga, Amazon and Parana look just fine though, because they are dammed everywhere in Volga's and Parana's cases, and just very thick to not look bad in the case of Amazon