The Prince of the Roses - A Tudor TL

Maybe this Fitzroy's born a girl just to make Catherine rest even easier. :openedeyewink:

As long as Boy!Mary lives, Catherine's throne is secure and we're spared the Great Matter, though if she and Henry don't have any more children, Henry's still going to feel uneasy about the succession. He'll almost certainly remarry if Catherine keeps her OTL death date.

very much so, but i would also like to see the universal spider squashed under a boot, preferably charles the bold's
I already wrecked France in my Burgundian tl. Isn't that enough for you, my darling?
Maybe this Fitzroy's born a girl just to make Catherine rest even easier. :openedeyewink:

As long as Boy!Mary lives, Catherine's throne is secure and we're spared the Great Matter, though if she and Henry don't have any more children, Henry's still going to feel uneasy about the succession. He'll almost certainly remarry if Catherine keeps her OTL death date.
That could be an option as well. And yes, if Catherine dies as otl, then Henry will certainly try to remarry, especially if he has only one son.
oh, he will definitely re-marry after an appropiate mourning period
See above answer.
Now I'm envisioning Henry competing with his son for a bride - Drama
Jesus christ, that would be a MESS.
Henry pulling a Manuel on his son and taking his betrothed does sound very plausible for the man.
Being a dick acutally sounds like Henry. But unlike Manuel, Henry doesnt have a baseball team of sons behind him, so little Ned's marriage will come first.

Definitely interested to see where things go.

Catherine's improved her stock immensely, and the birth of a son will secure her position. I still wonder how her future relationship with Henry might be, though.

Of course their relationship will be much easier as she has 'succeeded' here, but they still have wildly divergent personalities: Henry VIII in 1516 is still the man who enjoys to joust, hunt, sport, and host all sorts of court entertainments night after night while Catherine was becoming more reserved and dedicated to her religious devotions. With the birth of Edward here, Catherine might feel that her prayers have been answered and become even more devout. She'll also be similarly dedicated to her son and his education just as she was to Mary IOTL.

I don't think the birth of a son will cause Henry VIII to break away from his dalliance with Bessie, either. We'll see how long she sticks around.

I already wrecked France in my Burgundian tl. Isn't that enough for you, my darling?
Can't get enough of france beign a mess.
And yes, if Catherine dies as otl, then Henry will certainly try to remarry, especially if he has only one son.
need a spare. and still prefer fitzroy to be born a son.

But unlike Manuel, Henry doesnt have a baseball team of sons behind him, so little Ned's marriage will come first.
exactly! Henry will put his son first.

Definitely interested to see where things go.

Catherine's improved her stock immensely, and the birth of a son will secure her position. I still wonder how her future relationship with Henry might be, though.
It will be better, as he's more likely to listen to her and not try to shove her into the background and divorce her. He's never gonna be a faithful husband, but with a son, Catherine can endure it more easily.
Of course their relationship will be much easier as she has 'succeeded' here, but they still have wildly divergent personalities: Henry VIII in 1516 is still the man who enjoys to joust, hunt, sport, and host all sorts of court entertainments night after night while Catherine was becoming more reserved and dedicated to her religious devotions. With the birth of Edward here, Catherine might feel that her prayers have been answered and become even more devout. She'll also be similarly dedicated to her son and his education just as she was to Mary IOTL.
Catherine having a prince might actually make her more cheerful and outgoing, so they can get even better along. And she will definitely be dedicated to the education of her child/ren as otl.
I don't think the birth of a son will cause Henry VIII to break away from his dalliance with Bessie, either. We'll see how long she sticks around.
Bessie is staying for a while yet.