Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Sweet, now I've finally got a reason to share this one:
It's an anglicized map of Japan. All the names are the same, just, well, anglicized.
rtw7v8huin351.png

edit: and I got it from here. https://soranews24.com/2020/08/01/a...-might-be-named-if-they-were-part-of-england/
That is distressingly very English.

That is distressingly very English.
Yeah, they went for etymological reconstructions, rather than straight translations. So, "Headstow" instead of "Capital", for example: (from the website available via the link)

• Tokyo (東京) turns into East Headstow, which is an absolute delight. “To” meaning “east” is pretty simple, but “kyo” means “capital,” though the author wasn’t satisfied with just that. To make it really feel English, they opted for Anglo-Saxon words whenever possible, in this case “heáfod-stów” (meaning “capital”).

Sweet, now I've finally got a reason to share this one:
It's an anglicized map of Japan. All the names are the same, just, well, anglicized.
rtw7v8huin351.png

edit: and I got it from here. https://soranews24.com/2020/08/01/a...-might-be-named-if-they-were-part-of-england/
As a former resident of "Doughtholm"... Where did Awaji island go lol

I really really like this, as I had thought about doing it but was too lazy. Not sure I agree with shima being translated to Holm, as it often refers to land cut up by a river/delta, but all in all a really cool map!

Now back to some horrible education:

badghanistan.jpg

And for an extra layer of map horror, that isn't the only time that map was used. The second Afghanistan in Tibet was iconic enough for me to remember that I had already seen it. And indeed four years ago I already encountered that map... but it was obviously from a different book, so at least two publishers managed not to notice all the errors (or didn't care)

You can start to make a world map and finish it later...

View attachment 547424

Special charm point: the second Afghanistan in China

Now back to some horrible education:

View attachment 890620

And for an extra layer of map horror, that isn't the only time that map was used. The second Afghanistan in Tibet was iconic enough for me to remember that I had already seen it. And indeed four years ago I already encountered that map... but it was obviously from a different book, so at least two publishers managed not to notice all the errors (or didn't care)
Not to mention the Panama Sea, and the mysteriously absent Egypt, British Isles and East Indies. (New Zealand might simply be off the page)

Have there been a series of mass ISOT's?

Not to mention the Panama Sea, and the mysteriously absent Egypt,
I've seen canal-widening proposals, but that is ridiculous.

British Isles and East Indies. (New Zealand might simply be off the page)

Have there been a series of mass ISOT's?
No, they've just impartially discarded all the islands (Cuba, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Japan, New Guinea....) as well as Egypt and for some unexplained reason the Malay Peninsula. Also Turkey has gone all Ottoman on Syria and the Caucasus, Morocco-Algeria-Tunisia-Libya have banded together to fight whatever ate Egypt and I don't want to know what's happening in SE Asia.