Realistic 'For Want of a Nail'

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
Also, how does TTL’s idea of race and racism evolve? OTL Canada, Australia and South Africa had anti-Asian movements leading to outcomes like the Chinese exclusion act and white Australia anf even without a Pacific coast there is immigration from British India to consider

Also, Southern Europeans may be considered their own race

Last edited:
One of the most bizarre errors in FWOAN is that the Ottoman Sultan is constantly referred to as the Shah. It's such a strange error to me since even basic encylopaedias and history texts would indicate the title of the Ottoman ruler.

Technically the main/common title of the Ottoman Sultan was the Padishah.

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
I suspect that they would have a stronger grip on Egypt, at least for a while.

But its failings might take a bit longer to become obvious.
One possible option is for the Empire to enter ethnic civil war rather than foreign invasion in the 1930-1970 range. My question is if smaller ethnicities (Kurds, Druze etc. ) could make it out with separate states and if Istanbul could become a rump Ottoman state

Last edited:

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
@Born in the USSA A Europe divided between France, Holland, Austria-Germany, Prussia, Poland-Lithuania (?), Italy, the Ottomans, Spain , Portugal, Denmark Norway and Sweden-Finland?

I started a project of combining every American revolution lost or never happened with that element being a main part. Look to the West added to For Want of a Nail helps resolve some issues. For example the Spanish territory suddenly gain independence here occurs simultaneously with the Spanish Civil War and succession crisis, explaining why there was no attempt to regain them at the time specially since a losing faction defects to New Granada.

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
I started a project of combining every American revolution lost or never happened with that element being a main part. Look to the West added to For Want of a Nail helps resolve some issues. For example the Spanish territory suddenly gain independence here occurs simultaneously with the Spanish Civil War and succession crisis, explaining why there was no attempt to regain them at the time specially since a losing faction defects to New Granada.
Cool! Also did you do anything with India? LTTW has multiple colonial powers and native states

Cool! Also did you do anything with India? LTTW has multiple colonial powers and native states
Not yet. Still working through it. Most of the timelines I'm adding included fictional elements such as superheroes so I'd have to remove those and work to make a more realistic hybrid.

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
Not yet. Still working through it. Most of the timelines I'm adding included fictional elements such as superheroes so I'd have to remove those and work to make a more realistic hybrid.
Understood. Maybe just British Bengal + multiple native states seems interesting, mirroring OTL UK+Latin America dynamics instead of direct colonialism

Understood. Maybe just British Bengal + multiple native states seems interesting, mirroring OTL UK+Latin America dynamics instead of direct colonialism
It's part of a timeline combining all of Fiction and its Earth 6 which combines all fiction that has the common thread of America still being a colony, but I am also still trying to merge all the existing works of fiction. After that I'll work on adding details so long as they are not contradicted. Though an immediate guess is it partly is split by the Neo-Mughal Empire since ITTL The Royal Family would be exiled from the Isles as Napoleon conquers them(Look to the West, Code Geass, Megamorphs #3). This could give them a chance at independence earlier since Britain would be reduced to the Confederation of North America, though it's still possible the Germans occupy India in the 1940's like in For Want of a Nail.

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'

Attachments

• IMG_9373.jpg
    IMG_9373.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9372.jpg
    IMG_9372.jpg
    574.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9371.jpg
    IMG_9371.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9370.jpg
    IMG_9370.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9384.jpg
    IMG_9384.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I thought the creation of a stable and prosperous USM was pretty unbelievable, especially given they just openly took an Anglo state which wouldn't disrupt the already little stability OTL Mexico already had.

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
I'm not sure. It might not be complete.
That’s fine if it’s not complete - I’ve browsed through the old wiki revisions and have a decent grasp of the overall structure of the timeline and its present day like the East African Islamo-Logicist entity, the New Roman Empire or the Empire of New Spain (Manila) or otherwise minor details like Goring’s Fiji

The reason I ask is because I wanted to propose this TL as something B_Munro could make a cover of c.1850 , and I have a few questions about regions like Central Africa and Indonesia
I found page 39 https://web.archive.org/web/2010120.../discussion/showthread.php?p=3073064#poststop

Last edited: