Map Thread XXII

Seems far more likely for the US invasion to turn into a super Afghanistan/Vietnam intervention, especially considering the terrain greatly supports the defenders, and that the US trying to impose a new regime would probably piss of the entire population.
There is a distinct difference. Afghanistan/Vietnam are across the world this is right next door. Plus a nuclear armed threat. This time they won't care and do everything to secure the nukes and do a regime change.

Do you think the US would need to occupy everything then? Or at least make a bigger effort that includes buffer states or whatever
Thanks for the plausibility corrections
Honestly if Mexico already has nukes and the US didn't take the threat seriously, you may just have Mexico nuke the US and the US nuke Mexico. I'm not sure why they wouldn't do that--the difference between not using them and using them still results in the Caribbean Union perishing, so why not try to kill your enemy? Assuming that the USSR doesn't misinterpret the nuclear launches as a full blown nuclear war, I would expect that the US would end up losing the Cold War, since the US just lost a good portion of their cities at best.

United Kingdom of North America 2024.png

Provinces of the United Kingdom of North America, 2024:
1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. Rhode Island
4. Connecticut
5. New York
6. New Jersey
7. Pennsylvania
8. Delaware
9. Maryland
10. Virginia
11. North Carolina
12. South Carolina
13. Georgia
14. New Brunswick
15. Nova Scotia
16. Newfoundland and Labrador
17. Quebec
18. Ontario
19. Florida
20. Louisiana
21. Ohio
22. Indiana
23. Missouri
24. Iowa
25. Kansaw
26. Sequoyah
27. Douglas
28. Nebraska
29. Dakota
30. Columbia
31. Oregon
32. Texas
33. California
34. New Mexico
35. Deseret
36. Manitoba
37. Saskatchewan
38. Alaska
39. Rupert's Land
40. Yukon

Oh yeah, a British North America... is this just a one-shot map or is there any background timeline on how the UKNA came to be?
Also, the province of Kansas is spelled Kansaw - is this just a typo or is it the way it's actually spelled?

Birth of the New Republic.png

My interpretation of how the Galaxy might have looked shortly before the Rebel Alliance announced the creation of the New Republic, going off of some things from the tv shows & novels. The Empire is currently being run by a junta, which is performing less than spectacularly. The Alliance is beginning to discover the joys of senatorial bickering. The Hutts still control a few worlds, though less than they used to now that the Alliance has moved into a great deal of their space.

I take an optimistic view of the future of the galaxy, though there certainly is room for an unwise individual to get killed in its many trouble spots.

May the 4th be with you!

(Regular alternate history content will resume shortly, I've had a busy few months, but two projects are nearly done)

Honestly if Mexico already has nukes and the US didn't take the threat seriously, you may just have Mexico nuke the US and the US nuke Mexico. I'm not sure why they wouldn't do that--the difference between not using them and using them still results in the Caribbean Union perishing, so why not try to kill your enemy? Assuming that the USSR doesn't misinterpret the nuclear launches as a full blown nuclear war, I would expect that the US would end up losing the Cold War, since the US just lost a good portion of their cities at best.
Depends on how many nukes that the Caribbean Union has.

So, a while back there used to this alphabet ISOT series by Beedok, where they'd make maps of scenarios with every country starting with a specific letter ISOTed to a virgin earth.

But the project seemed to have died after the letter R, so I decided to make a continuation of it. It accidentally ended up becoming quite long tho.

View attachment 898977

Will I do World T? Maybe, maybe not.
!!! Loved this series, pretty awe-some of you to continue it. :) So detailed!
As someone who also loved Beedok’s series, I think that this was an awesome continuation too! 👍

Oh yeah, a British North America... is this just a one-shot map or is there any background timeline on how the UKNA came to be?
Also, the province of Kansas is spelled Kansaw - is this just a typo or is it the way it's actually spelled?
Not quite British North America - the ARW failed and later, 1832 went pear-shaped and the royals fled to North America, defeating an attempted reconquest by the new British Republic. Functionally, North America has British institutions but has been independent of the mother country for close to 200 years.
And yes, it is spelled Kansaw.
I'm presently writing the lore.

View attachment 871734

Oh I should mention I've mostly moved on from Alternate History. This is a map I made for a sort of fantasty world I've been cooking up. I need to get the elevations settled (I want there to be a massive Tibet-style plateau somewhere) but it's a cool excuse for me to worldbuild without feeling particularly stuck to historical plausibility.
How did you go about making the planets geography? It looks good!

Not quite British North America - the ARW failed and later, 1832 went pear-shaped and the royals fled to North America, defeating an attempted reconquest by the new British Republic. Functionally, North America has British institutions but has been independent of the mother country for close to 200 years.
And yes, it is spelled Kansaw.
I'm presently writing the lore.
Thanks for the clarification - looking forward to reading the history of this nation!

View attachment 904933
Provinces of the United Kingdom of North America, 2024:
1. Massachusetts
2. New Hampshire
3. Rhode Island
4. Connecticut
5. New York
6. New Jersey
7. Pennsylvania
8. Delaware
9. Maryland
10. Virginia
11. North Carolina
12. South Carolina
13. Georgia
14. New Brunswick
15. Nova Scotia
16. Newfoundland and Labrador
17. Quebec
18. Ontario
19. Florida
20. Louisiana
21. Ohio
22. Indiana
23. Missouri
24. Iowa
25. Kansaw
26. Sequoyah
27. Douglas
28. Nebraska
29. Dakota
30. Columbia
31. Oregon
32. Texas
33. California
34. New Mexico
35. Deseret
36. Manitoba
37. Saskatchewan
38. Alaska
39. Rupert's Land
40. Yukon
This is from The Two Georges by Harry Turtledove right?

Anyone know what are the best ways to make a good map with WorldA as a base? Do I need to install any painting software?

If you're wanting to just do the basics like drawing borders and normal coloring then MS Paint is just fine, however if you're gonna be coloring non-contiguous areas a lot or want additional color things or want to do basic resizing of stuff to add to the map (symbols, mini-maps etc.) then Paint.NET is helpful as well.

Last edited:
World map in my TL
Let me guess, a Command & Conquer: Red Alert-esque world, with no Nazis, and a superpower USSR as the main villain of Europe, instead of the Reactionary Far-Right and Fascism?, also what is that blue thing between Turkey and Iraq?, if it is Kurdistan, then it is truly the most cursed Kurdistan that I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot.