As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Hey OldNavy1988, just a curious question, why did you stop the original version of this TL? after reading the original, I think that that one has more variety, this one is actually great, but I also really liked the original. Why did you stop?
I stopped because one user tried to hijack the thread. Plus, other users grew tired of the constant jabs at John Kricfalusi.

I stopped because one user tried to hijack the thread. Plus, other users grew tired of the constant jabs at John Kricfalusi.
Ohhh........

Well, I'm trying to work on a TL myself, since you seem to be good at it, I was figuring if you'd like to help because I could use some help? Wanna help me? I'll let you use all of my ideas in exchange for you letting me use your's. I'll also follow you.

Alan-Cumming-as-Nightcrawler-in-X2-X-Men-United.jpg

X-Men 2
Known IOTL as X2 or X-Men United
Released by 20th Century-Fox on May 2, 2003

Directed by
Shane Black

Screenplay by
Michael Dougherty
Zak Penn
David Hayter

Music by
John Ottman

Main Cast
Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier/Professor X
Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
Ian McKellen as Erik Lensherr/Magneto
Sophie Okonedo as Ororo Munroe/Storm
James Marsden as Scott Summers/Cyclops
Rebecca Romijn as Raven Darkholme/Mystique
Gus St. Pierre as Remy LeBeau/Gambit
Anna Paquin as Marie D'Ancanto/Rogue
Francoise Yip as Jubilee
Alan Cumming as Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
Brian Cox as William Stryker
Daniel Cudmore as Colossus
Kelsey Grammer as Hank McCoy/Beast
Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake/Iceman
Aaron Stanford as John Allerdyce/Pyro
Kelly Hu as Yuriko Oyama/Deathstrike

Notes
- Keep in mind that the X-Men film canon is separate from the Dekker-Verse.
- At the premiere, Shane Black said he would be open to returning for a third X-Men film.​
Hopefully Alen Cumming will return for the third film. How did X-Men 2 do with critics?

X-Men 2 actually did pretty well with critics. The third one is gonna be a challenge because it was considered a little bit of a letdown IOTL.
oh yes, it was. Not sure what to do other than probably ignore the Phoneix Saga till a later film honestly. Felt so rushed honestly.

We'll to @OldNavy1988, X-Men 2 is decent, but I hope New Line Cinema could do The Matrix Reloaded for May, while Warner Bros. is doing a new version of The In-Laws. BTW, via Legendary Pictures, which had a contract in mind with Disney and 20th Century-Fox, Joel Silver is coming back to the Die Hard franchise on July 2.

For the TV series, The Gifted will likely be the title.
I'll be honest, that title is really generic.
Like I didn't even realize it was an X-Men show until well after it had actually premiered.
The adverts didn't help any, it actually looked more like a knock-off of the X-Men than an actual X-men show.
The fact that this was around the time when Agents of SHIELD was doing their Inhumans Arc just underscored it as a Marvel knock-off to me.

I'll be honest, that title is really generic.
Like I didn't even realize it was an X-Men show until well after it had actually premiered.
The adverts didn't help any, it actually more like a knock-off of the X-Men than an actual X-men show.
The fact that this was around the time when Agents of SHIELD was doing their Inhumans Arc just underscored it as a Marvel knock-off to me.
What would be a better title in your opinion?

"X-Men".

Or if it has to reflect that it's a group of younger Mutants still coming to grips with their powers "X-Men Academy" or "X-Men: Young Mutants".

Something that really emphasizes that it's an actual part of the franchise and not an imitation trying to cash in on it.

Though, I will admit that the confusion may have just been due to Marvel properties being spread so thin IOTL; SHIELD was on ABC, Paramount was releasing the movies, Sony was doing Spider-Man, Daredevil was on Netflix, and there was not-openly-branded X-Men show on Fox with a name that could be given to any show about people with powers.
If the rights aren't spread around as much ITTL, it might not be as confusing.

"X-Men".

Or if it has to reflect that it's a group of younger Mutants still coming to grips with their powers "X-Men Academy" or "X-Men: Young Mutants".

Something that really emphasizes that it's an actual part of the franchise and not an imitation trying to cash in on it.

Though, I will admit that the confusion may have just been due to Marvel properties being spread so thin IOTL; SHIELD was on ABC, Paramount was releasing the movies, Sony was doing Spider-Man, Daredevil was on Netflix, and there was not-openly-branded X-Men show on Fox with a name that could be given to any show about people with powers.
If it focuses on younger mutants: X-Men: Evolution or Evolved
If it is focusing on the early years: X-Men: First Class

Personally, a series over Wolverine or Gambit would be nice. Maybe Gambit as a side series while Wolverine gets the movie series like OTL.

"X-Men".

Since you guys are in the right here, allow me, a guy with basically zero experience in comic books and access to Wikipedia and other sites, to suggest two titles:

Suggestion #1: Uncanny X-Men
Reason: Because it has the name X-Men in the title, yet it could also deviate from the comic books by having the stars of New Recruits be in that show. Kind of like how Generation X tried to be like its predecessors.

Suggestion #2: Charles Xavier's School for Mutants
Reason: Those who know what the X-Men are as a group would understand why Prof. X has the title billing. That, and we could change the cast now and again by having a new graduate each season finale. Sure, it could take on a game show format, or a sitcom in-universe, but why would comic fans want an in-universe game show/sitcom hybrid?

Reason: Those who know what the X-Men are as a group would understand why Prof. X has the title billing. That, and we could change the cast now and again by having a new graduate each season finale. Sure, it could take on a game show format, or a sitcom in-universe, but why would comic fans want an in-universe game show/sitcom hybrid?
Got some serious flashbacks to Who Wants to Be a Superhero? on SciFi Network back in the day reading this.

Not sure if anyone remembers this show. I actually kinda liked it.

"X-Men".

If it focuses on younger mutants: X-Men: Evolution or Evolved
If it is focusing on the early years: X-Men: First Class

Personally, a series over Wolverine or Gambit would be nice. Maybe Gambit as a side series while Wolverine gets the movie series like OTL.

Since you guys are in the right here, allow me, a guy with basically zero experience in comic books and access to Wikipedia and other sites, to suggest two titles:

Suggestion #1: Uncanny X-Men
Reason: Because it has the name X-Men in the title, yet it could also deviate from the comic books by having the stars of New Recruits be in that show. Kind of like how Generation X tried to be like its predecessors.

Got some serious flashbacks to Who Wants to Be a Superhero? on SciFi Network back in the day reading this.

Not sure if anyone remembers this show. I actually kinda liked it.
While you guys are brainstorming that...

I'll need a reminder of which Marvel characters haven't reached the Silver Screen yet because I'll need to start thinking about filling the OTL MCU release dates.

ITTL, I had Iron Man made in '85 with Alec Baldwin. I could do a remake with RDJ as Stark in 2008, but I'm not sure if that's enough time separated from '85.

I'll need a reminder of which Marvel characters haven't reached the Silver Screen yet because I'll need to start thinking about filling the OTL MCU release dates.

ITTL, I had Iron Man made in '85 with Alec Baldwin. I could do a remake with RDJ as Stark in 2008, but I'm not sure if that's enough time separated from '85.
Hmmm. Idk about an Iron Man reboot right now? Is Alec Baldwin still willing be Tony Stark or atleast just Stark and not Iron Man? Maybe take an mentor figure? I don't know, just wondering here.

We'll to @OldNavy1988, nice, but in the summer, there would be The Land of Water, a new Pixar animated film. But let's have Marvel to do Deathlock and Cloak and Dagger films by 2008, and we have a Captain Marvel film by 2005. Jan de Bont will do Captain Marvel after he would direct Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life.

3) For what reasons did baseball fans in Anaheim abhor their NL team being named the Lancers?
@Mitch! The Hollywood Stars' ownership at the time wanted to shake things up because the team was struggling at the gate while playing second fiddle to the Angels in the Los Angeles market. Because the Stars' branding dates back to when they were part of the Pacific Coast League, the fans disliked the change.

4) In what ways will the revived Hollywood Stars set themselves apart from the Houston Astros?
@Mitch!
The Astros did use the H-star, which they technically stole from the original Hollywood Stars. After that, they used the "Tequila Sunrise A," which went unused IOTL. They also have another logo which is a baseball with a Saturn ring around it.
6075_houston_astros-cap-1965.png
DJx8Z74VYAEHC4E.jpg
OIP.DgXTC0f4lHSs-KI7wY5aqQAAAA

The new Hollywood Stars incorporate a palm tree into their star logo kinda like this:
star-tropical-beach-and-palm-tree-logo-design-vector-27208413.jpg

I am lesss consider with adpation of marvel comics character then with adaptions of Entertaining Quality Malbui pacfic Gemni comic and if exist Image comics becuase DC and marvel and to a lesser exsanst Dc adaptions have been over done.