Alternate Planets, Suns, Stars, and Solar Systems Thread

Ooo this thread looks really interesting
I was planning to make a conworld (fictional planet where a story takes place) recently and I wish to make it as detailed as humanly possible, so may I ask questions (those without answers on Worldbuilding Pasta at least) and post updates (assuming I don't lose trust in my abilities like 99% of the time) here?

1000011734.png

1000011733.png

1000011735.jpg

To be clear these alternate solar systems were not created or conceived of by me, I just found these on planetplanet.net. All credit goes their creator Sean Raymond, an American astrophysicist. More pictures are to come tomorrow as to not break the site's three pictures a day per thread rule. Tomorrow's pictures will certainly blow these ones out of the water.

View attachment 861422
View attachment 861423
View attachment 861424
To be clear these alternate solar systems were not created or conceived of by me, I just found these on planetplanet.net. All credit goes their creator Sean Raymond, an American astrophysicist. More pictures are to come tomorrow as to not break the site's three pictures a day per thread rule. Tomorrow's pictures will certainly blow these ones out of the water.
Those trojan binary planet orbits are probably going to tear the whole system apart, right? Asking people with a good grasp of orbital mechanics because AFAIK that's probably guaranteed unless its been balanced out by luck or someshit, and I'm establishing my mental measurement to trust my guy by insofar as my own knowledge of this stuff goes (I'm mostly self-taught when it comes to physics so I tread lightly when it comes to assuming that I am right when such things come up)

1000011737.jpg

1000011740.jpg

1000011741.jpg

An even bigger maximum for earth-like planets in the habitable zone would be 689 rings with each ring holding up to 4154 planets, totalling 2.86 million planets! The planets are each about half the size of the Earth and have extremely fast day cycles of just a few hours I believe and are stuck in eternal daytime in the last picture since the ring of suns surround the rings of planets.

Last edited:
View attachment 861455
View attachment 861456
View attachment 861457
An even bigger maximum for earth-like planets in the habitable zone would be 689 rings with each ring holding up to 4154 planets, totalling 2.86 million planets! The planets are each about half the size of the Earth and have extremely fast day cycles of just a few hours I believe and are stuck in eternal daytime in the last picture since the ring of suns surround the rings of planets.
I've always wondered what humanity would do if outer space wasn't so empty!

...cool, ig

Most such have pretty long daylight/night cycles, and one side is very well illuminated for much of the night. The larger the primary the more heat the moon will receive from it.
I will try to make something with the long days, and the bright but cold nights there. And since the orbital planes are aligned, you get real darkness each day at noon at the eclipse.

Also reread Proxima by Stephen Baxter, the description of life tidally locked to the dwarf sun were great.

View attachment 861455
View attachment 861456
View attachment 861457
Looking at the above I'm picturing someone took a look at the klemperer rosette of the Puppeteer Fleet of Worlds from Larry Niven's Known Space series and said "Five Worlds? Hold My Beer."

Looking at the above I'm picturing someone took a look at the klemperer rosette of the Puppeteer Fleet of Worlds from Larry Niven's Known Space series and said "Five Worlds? Hold My Beer."
Well basically it was after the discovery of the TRAPIST-1 solar system that potentially holds 4 earth-like planets, and then Sean Raymond said "Hold my beer."

I have arranged a multi-ring solar system comprising of one same star type: M0, red dwarves 51 percent as wide, 60 percent as massive and only seven percent as bright as our sun. Here is how the system is arranged:

1. Inner Prograde: 4 M0 stars
  2. Inner Retrograde: 16 M0 stars
  3. Outer Prograde: 256 M0 stars
  4. Outer Retrograde: 65,536 M0 stars

Put them all together, and how far and how wide would the resulting habitable zone be?

As in an alternate solar system setup - where booth planets were like that from the start.
Yeah, but you don't know how much it cost to build earth that way? No one could have paid the mice enough to build Mars and Venus habitable, and it wouldn't even have been redundant, stupid Vodons made a mess of the whole system.

Yeah, but you don't know how much it cost to build earth that way? No one could have paid the mice enough to build Mars and Venus habitable, and it wouldn't even have been redundant, stupid Vodons made a mess of the whole system.
I am asking about what Mars would be like if it formed at the mass of the Earth, and if Venus formed with a thinner atmosphere as well, making the two planets more appealing choices for humanity in this alternate universe.