• China

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • France

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Croatia, Malta, Cyprus, Persia, Dubai, North Korea, South Korea, North Vietnam, Tuvalu, Argentina?

Croatia, Persia, Tuvalu and Argentina possible with editor modding - the rest on the list requires hard modding I think.

EDIT: Actually, you can play as Tuvalu, Argentina and Persia without using the editor. They're in the minor countries list when you start off a MH scenario.

Croatia, Persia, Tuvalu and Argentina possible with editor modding - the rest on the list requires hard modding I think.

EDIT: Actually, you can play as Tuvalu, Argentina and Persia without using the editor. They're in the minor countries list when you start off a MH scenario.

You can play as any country that existed in 1936, 1939, 1940, 1941, and 1944, and release a few countries that didn't exist then. I've never seen Tuvalu as a country, there are no cities in the regions that it would own.

Here's one from my cache...
From the same campaign...

I suppose my first question is how the hell did this happen? Some background would help make sense of this...

Second, how do you make the date go past 1945?

Finally, an idea I'm working on...DRAKA WWII!!! Play as Britain, sell colonies to S. Africa, play as S. Africa, leave Commonwealth Alliance and take over the world...

I suppose my first question is how the hell did this happen? Some background would help make sense of this...

Second, how do you make the date go past 1945?

Finally, an idea I'm working on...DRAKA WWII!!! Play as Britain, sell colonies to S. Africa, play as S. Africa, leave Commonwealth Alliance and take over the world...

When the game 'ends', you are given the option to continue playing on.

As for that America, it was pretty interesting...

Think Charles Lindhberg America with little of the fascist bits and being incompetent in the first years of WWII.

This America got dragged into war unwillingly - Japan attacked American naval forces near Philippines in 1940, wham bang War! Joined the British Alliance soon thereafter, but didn't really help much other than sending a fleet to protect GB from being invaded by the Germans and Italians. At this time, the United States was going all out for some hi-tech R&D projects, nuclear weaponry one of them.

So imagine yourself an Axiswank victory TL, with defeat after defeat for the Allies even with the US in it (largely because I was in a really great depression due to a lot of projects I started off:rolleyes:). Instead of giving Allies full support, Charles Lindhberg America slams into neutral Central America instead. Invades Mexico, Honduras, Panama etc.

Britain and Canada withdraws from alliance - that was in 1944 - only to have the former rejoining me because the Germans and Italians were going to gobble up the British Isles. It fell not too long afterwards.

1945 and 1946 was spent with me fortifying myself against the inevitable transoceanic Axis assault. Canada refuses my alliance offers, because of my Central American invasion. When it fell in 1946 with a German-Italian-Japanese crash assault on both sides of the continent, Charles Lindhberg America was left standing alone against the three superpowers of the world.

Battles were fought on American soil pretty quickly, with Germans and Italians and Japanese taking parts of Midwest and East Coast. By then, I ditched all attempts at untangling my financial debts and placed all industries to producing infantries, armor and artilleries full time. Atomic Bomb research was finished in lat '46, and it took me till sometime in 1947 to deploy my first nuclear weapon. By then, the whole place was coming apart - Maine was taken and retaken and taken and retaken, New York was firmly under German boots, Alaska was Japanese.

The Axis were going for dividng my country in half, aiming at taking out the large reserve of forces I had placed to defend the city of Little Rock. Home of the first atomic bomber.

When German-held Winnipeg went up in nuclear flames, Germans sued for peace and warred with the Japanese and Italians and other members of the Axis powers. The Bomb changed the world, literally. It turned it from a Axiswank TL to an 'isolationist-America-who-nukes-anybody-he-is-not-happy-with' TL. By 1968, I have nuked more than forty cities worldwide (try looking for a non-nuked city in South America, for example) and the geopolitical map is pretty whacked out, to say the least.

Try seeing a Korean Empire in the ruins of Russian Siberia, or Laos occupying Germany, or an Italian British Isles at war with Japan. That pic I showed you, with Vietnam against Japan, was one of the many strange things that occurred in said TL.

One thing for sure - nobody fucks with Uncle Sam after 1940s without getting nuked in return.:cool:

(even though Uncle Sam is mired in a really fucking huge economical depression that would put Great Depression to shame. All industries by then only produced Arms, no goods or anything for peacetime. Isolationist, financially-ruined, war-footed America. With nukes.)

Last edited:
When the game 'ends', you are given the option to continue playing on.

As for that America, it was pretty interesting...

Think Charles Lindhberg America with little of the fascist bits and being incompetent in the first years of WWII.

This America got dragged into war unwillingly - Japan attacked American naval forces near Philippines in 1940, wham bang War! Joined the British Alliance soon thereafter, but didn't really help much other than sending a fleet to protect GB from being invaded by the Germans and Italians. At this time, the United States was going all out for some hi-tech R&D projects, nuclear weaponry one of them.

So imagine yourself an Axiswank victory TL, with defeat after defeat for the Allies even with the US in it (largely because I was in a really great depression due to a lot of projects I started off:rolleyes:). Instead of giving Allies full support, Charles Lindhberg America slams into neutral Central America instead. Invades Mexico, Honduras, Panama etc.

Britain and Canada withdraws from alliance - that was in 1944 - only to have the former rejoining me because the Germans and Italians were going to gobble up the British Isles. It fell not too long afterwards.

1945 and 1946 was spent with me fortifying myself against the inevitable transoceanic Axis assault. Canada refuses my alliance offers, because of my Central American invasion. When it fell in 1946 with a German-Italian-Japanese crash assault on both sides of the continent, Charles Lindhberg America was left standing alone against the three superpowers of the world.

Battles were fought on American soil pretty quickly, with Germans and Italians and Japanese taking parts of Midwest and East Coast. By then, I ditched all attempts at untangling my financial debts and placed all industries to producing infantries, armor and artilleries full time. Atomic Bomb research was finished in lat '46, and it took me till sometime in 1947 to deploy my first nuclear weapon. By then, the whole place was coming apart - Maine was taken and retaken and taken and retaken, New York was firmly under German boots, Alaska was Japanese.

The Axis were going for diving my country in half, aiming at taking out the large reserve of forces I had placed to defend the city of Little Rock. Home of the first atomic bomber.

When German-held Winnipeg went up in nuclear flames, Germans sued for peace and warred with the Japanese and Italians and other members of the Axis powers. The Bomb changed the world, literally. It turned it from a Axiswank TL to an 'isolationist-America-who-nukes-anybody-he-is-not-happy-with' TL. By 1968, I have nuked more than forty cities worldwide (try looking for a non-nuked city in South America, for example) and the geopolitical map is pretty whacked out, to say the least.

Try seeing a Korean Empire in the ruins of Russian Siberia, or Laos occupying Germany, or an Italian British Isles at war with Japan. That pic I showed you, with Vietnam against Japan, was one of the many strange things that occurred in said TL.

One thing for sure - nobody fucks with Uncle Sam after 1940s without getting nuked in return.:cool:

(even though Uncle Sam is mired in a really fucking huge economical depression that would put Great Depression to shame. All industries by then only produced Arms, no goods or anything for peacetime. Isolationist, financially-ruined, war-footed America. With nukes.)

Well, that was certainly something...can you get a screenshot of the entire map now?

I had a US-scenario like that once. I liberated Phillipines on first turn (1936), then invaded and created pro-US Colombia. I promptly and openly aided Republican Spain in the Spanish Civil War, leading to the exile of the Nationalists to the Canary Islands. Republican Spain then invaded Portugal, which caused France, Romania, Bulgaria and the Commonwealth to declare war. At the worst point in the war, the French-Portuguese-Bulgarian Alliance held all of Iberia, and had captured the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico while bombing Florida and New Orleans...

I soon turned the scenario around however, conquering Canada, Australia, and New Zealand; while liberating French Indochina, India and Burma. Meanwhile, the Axis had finally invaded France, and, as usual, captured all of Europe. The USSR invades and takes over the Baltic Alliance, Finland and Norway...

I completely annexed France at New Caledonia, and, following my capture of the British Isles, forced the Commonwealth to surrender at Aden. Following the Soviet-Japanese invasion of Eastern Europe, I countered by invading Western Europe, liberating Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czechoslovakia (without Slovakia) and Denmark. The Axis made their last stand not in Europe but in Palestine where the last member of the Axis, Iraq, fell under US control...

I now wait to invade the USSR, armed with a fleet of nuclear strategic bombers...

I must admit though, yours is definately cooler:eek:

Oh, the irony... Axis last stand in Palestine, that is.:D

As for posting a screenshot of the map, sadly, I deleted the game ages ago and had MH uninstalled for quite sometime now. It was my second game with MH and I must say that the randomness of it all (plus my newbieness) was what caused all those random events to happen. That's probably why it was so memorable in my mind.

Well, that was certainly something...can you get a screenshot of the entire map now?

I had a US-scenario like that once. I liberated Phillipines on first turn (1936), then invaded and created pro-US Colombia. I promptly and openly aided Republican Spain in the Spanish Civil War, leading to the exile of the Nationalists to the Canary Islands. Republican Spain then invaded Portugal, which caused France, Romania, Bulgaria and the Commonwealth to declare war. At the worst point in the war, the French-Portuguese-Bulgarian Alliance held all of Iberia, and had captured the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico while bombing Florida and New Orleans...

I soon turned the scenario around however, conquering Canada, Australia, and New Zealand; while liberating French Indochina, India and Burma. Meanwhile, the Axis had finally invaded France, and, as usual, captured all of Europe. The USSR invades and takes over the Baltic Alliance, Finland and Norway...

I completely annexed France at New Caledonia, and, following my capture of the British Isles, forced the Commonwealth to surrender at Aden. Following the Soviet-Japanese invasion of Eastern Europe, I countered by invading Western Europe, liberating Spain, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czechoslovakia (without Slovakia) and Denmark. The Axis made their last stand not in Europe but in Palestine where the last member of the Axis, Iraq, fell under US control...

I now wait to invade the USSR, armed with a fleet of nuclear strategic bombers...

I must admit though, yours is definately cooler:eek:

As for posting a screenshot of the map, sadly, I deleted the game ages ago and had MH uninstalled for quite sometime now. It was my second game with MH and I must say that the randomness of it all (plus my newbieness) was what caused all those random events to happen. That's probably why it was so memorable in my mind.

Damn, I would have loved to see that map...

Anyways, glad the Axis-Irony isn't lost on anyone...

What difficulty were you playing on?

Damn, I would have loved to see that map...

Anyways, glad the Axis-Irony isn't lost on anyone...

Well, just imagine democratic CONUS (plus Central America and South America - except Mexico, its entirely fascist after I gave it to Nationalist Spain) being surrounded by fascist/authoritarian nations warring with each other. The only nations I remembered capable of challenging me ground-units-wise was Sweden, India and the Polish Alliance (remnants of the Axis; spot the irony here) - there are others, but either I have a peace treaty with them or they're fighting amongst one another.

What difficulty were you playing on?

Easy. It helped me learn some of my mistakes I made in game - like DON'T EVER start ten-twenty R&D projects in the beginning, and try to stabilize economy/industries first before building up your armed forces.

Well, just imagine democratic CONUS (plus Central America and South America - except Mexico, its entirely fascist after I gave it to Nationalist Spain) being surrounded by fascist/authoritarian nations warring with each other. The only nations I remembered capable of challenging me ground-units-wise was Sweden, India and the Polish Alliance (remnants of the Axis; spot the irony here) - there are others, but either I have a peace treaty with them or they're fighting amongst one another.

Wow, that's got to be the most F'ed up world...EVER!!!

Easy. It helped me learn some of my mistakes I made in game - like DON'T EVER start ten-twenty R&D projects in the beginning, and try to stabilize economy/industries first before building up your armed forces.

I'm surprised the Axis was able to even launch an invasion of America on easy. I've never even seen one before and I usually play on Hard now. However, there's a good chance of one happening with my game playing as Italy in which there's a massive alliance of Italy-Germany-Russia. I disbanded Italy's fleet and massively industrialized, while conquering Yugoslavia, Greece,and Albania.

My offensives into Africa had been stalled by American and British forces based in Egypt, but the key turning point was when the British declared war on Persia, and the Allies were torn asunder. The US left the alliance and attacked Britain, throwing Egypt into chaos. I threw everything in, and Allied forces were broken up in Northern Africa. I then preceded Southward, conquering all of South Africa before American landing forces began attacking Cape Town and exploiting my overstreched forces. The US soon established a large front across Southern Africa. Axis reinforcements allowed me to come back, and I eventually was able to break US lines, making Africa entirely green with no impurities.

I also took Turkey and the Middle East, while Russia took all of Asia. I took Australia, and soon all that was left was the US and South America, along with the Japanese who were pinned to their home islands after repulsing a Russian invasion.

Britain fell in 1944 to a combined German Italian assault force, with my Italian invasion force consisting of over 200 divisions. The Germans seized the good areas, but I was able to get some good parts of Britain. The Germans took all of Ireland.

The game is currently in July 1945, and the US stands alone. Italy is the highest ranking nation, and the Axis rules all but 2 continents of the Earth (excluding Antarctica). Italy is definetly fun to play.

Yeah, that's one of the most frustrating and yet advantageous aspects of MH - alliances. You see them getting broken more often than in OTL, like that Germans sue for peace and then gets into war with rest of the Axis part I narrated above.

Hilarious if it happens to others, like your enemies, but also extremely frustrating as well when it happens to your own alliance.

reminds me a bit of when i made an über Australia scenario in hoi. Massive fortifications and industry everywhere, but you start with a war against literally the entire world.
And guess what country mounted the first invasion on Aussie soil? was it the expansionist Japanese just to the north? was it mighty Britain whit its navy? was it the Nazi Germany? was it the US?
No, it was the fucking swedes:D:cool:

Jeebus, the Swedes must have build up their navy pretty tightly. Even in MH, they've only got footholds in Western Europe and Canada.

reminds me a bit of when i made an über Australia scenario in hoi. Massive fortifications and industry everywhere, but you start with a war against literally the entire world.
And guess what country mounted the first invasion on Aussie soil? was it the expansionist Japanese just to the north? was it mighty Britain whit its navy? was it the Nazi Germany? was it the US?
No, it was the fucking swedes:D:cool:

Jeebus, the Swedes must have build up their navy pretty tightly. Even in MH, they've only got footholds in Western Europe and Canada.

not really. it only was a very small invasion, a few divisions at the most. But still a Swedish fleet sailing half way across the world to perform an amphibious invasion of the most powerful nation in the world. the only thing more jarring and/or cooler would be a Swiss amphibious invasion.:cool::eek::D

but the swedes can be petty bad ass, my most successful game ever was probably when i played as Sweden in Vicky once. By the end i had transformed into Scandinavia, central Europe was mine if not more, annexed china with a land invasion throe Russia, i owned Africa, the US was after two wars not much more than D.C.

Well, you ain't seen this then.

Finnish Army in USA.jpg