Map of the Fortnight: Topic thread

New Map Challenge is up:

MoF_06__Title_by_Raven_the_5th.png

Ooooh, you picked mine! Yay.

Anyone know if that one North American Basemap (by Q.... something or other, sorry) has an Asian counterpart?

Wow, not many entries for this map challenge yet (I'm waiting on translation support myself ;)).

As to some iconic image for the Song - any of the pagodas or dragon boats at West Lake should do...

800px-West_Lake.JPG

Idea: Very successful Crusader States and an Islamic West/North African New World.
(the former causing the latter when the hostile Christians cut off easy trade between the Sahel/Magreb and the East).

Last edited:
It took me long time to find a base map that would work. Eventualy I decided on taking the BAM world map and cutting the relevent parts, but it still takes a long time to color in all the damn islands...

It took me long time to find a base map that would work. Eventualy I decided on taking the BAM world map and cutting the relevent parts, but it still takes a long time to color in all the damn islands...

If you're using GIMP or pPhotoshop use the boolean selection options to grab the interiors of the islands in one click. If you're using paint, go and get GIMP or Photoshop :).

If you're using GIMP or pPhotoshop use the boolean selection options to grab the interiors of the islands in one click. If you're using paint, go and get GIMP or Photoshop :).

They arn't all nessisarily going to the same country... And I tend to change my mind on them.

Idea: Very successful Crusader States and an Islamic West/North African New World.[/B] (the former causing the latter when the hostile Christians cut off easy trade between the Sahel/Magreb and the East).

Intriguing suggestion.

My Idea :

More organized civilizations outside of civilized Old World

In Mississipi Valley, Willamete Valley, Southern Australia, and even Caribbean archipelago there could had been civilizations sprang up there. But are they the whole candidates ? Or there can be some more places as well ? Like in Amazon valley, Great Lakes region, or maybe even somewhere in Africa, south of Zimbabwe ?

Intriguing suggestion.

My Idea :

More organized civilizations outside of civilized Old World

In Mississipi Valley, Willamete Valley, Southern Australia, and even Caribbean archipelago there could had been civilizations sprang up there. But are they the whole candidates ? Or there can be some more places as well ? Like in Amazon valley, Great Lakes region, or maybe even somewhere in Africa, south of Zimbabwe ?

Would "Native-Punk World" be a better enough name to summarize up the above ?

Hmm. This is actually not related to MoF 6 as of now, but how do you guys do those curved letters without photoshop? Because I tried using Gimp and the latters do not look anything like those maps.

Hmm. This is actually not related to MoF 6 as of now, but how do you guys do those curved letters without photoshop? Because I tried using Gimp and the latters do not look anything like those maps.

You use the Path tool to define a curve, then use the text along path option to put your text on that path...

I tried that... The letters come out looking ugly.

Do you a) have anti-aliasing/feather selection on? b) put some spaces at the begining of the text string to avoid curvature defects and c) make sure your curve is the right shape. Post a pic of what it looks like and we'll see if we can spot the problem...

Here is the best I could come up with a long time ago.
TurkishPartitionBig.png
As you can see, the letters are not that great, and that only happened after hard manual effort.

TurkishPartitionBig.png