The Death of Russia - TL

I assume that Rostov (and other such cities rebuilt after 4/10) have the same vibe as cities like Chandigarh, Islamabad, Brasilia, or Abuja have IOTL? And on that note, I assume the few surviving people still living in the former Uralic republics are near-100% rural ethnic Russians who refused to leave.

Right after the war, you'd probably get a renaissance of commieblocks, except they'd be even more shoddily built than the old ones, while later on you'd probably get some modernist planned cities, but it's also possible that, in order to raise morale and try to regain something of what was lost, you might see cities being rebuilt in a much more traditional style, with an eye to modernity - with streets being drawn for pedestrian and public transport traffic rather than cars and tanks, and modern renewable energy solutions incorporated in buildings that look like they could've been built during the Tsarist era.

Right after the war, you'd probably get a renaissance of commieblocks, except they'd be even more shoddily built than the old ones, while later on you'd probably get some modernist planned cities, but it's also possible that, in order to raise morale and try to regain something of what was lost, you might see cities being rebuilt in a much more traditional style, with an eye to modernity - with streets being drawn for pedestrian and public transport traffic rather than cars and tanks, and modern renewable energy solutions incorporated in buildings that look like they could've been built during the Tsarist era.
Since I assume most people will be unable to afford to have vehicles that might lead to the unintentional creation of 15-minute cities so people can easily get around.

thumbs_b_c_0da60287164199dc30be52aec20e844a.jpg

Various Russian small arms being sold in a roadside black market. After the largest country on earth splintered into what was the deadliest civil war in world history with global implications, various small arms are found being casually sold in the Russian survivor states. Millions more ended up in Central Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and even South America.
I found this on the images thread for this timeline. I just realized that with so many arms going loose around the world thanks to Russia's implosion, will that make global conflicts worse thanks to the cheap flow of arms? The illegal arms industry is going to profit way too much out of this not to impact the world.

I found this on the images thread for this timeline. I just realized that with so many arms going loose around the world thanks to Russia's implosion, will that make global conflicts worse thanks to the cheap flow of arms? The illegal arms industry is going to profit way too much out of this not to impact the world.
Suddenly, it would be easier to score genuine Soviet/Russian gear. Military collectors will have a field day.

I would love overall more chapters about how this massive conflict in Russia effects neighboring countries and the world as a whole, maybe here, maybe in a spin-off series whatever the creator would see more fitting should he be interested in that.

I would love overall more chapters about how this massive conflict in Russia effects neighboring countries and the world as a whole, maybe here, maybe in a spin-off series whatever the creator would see more fitting should he be interested in that.
Or what about creating a spin-off series which deals with the U.S. politics and pop culture post-4/10?

I’d hate to see what the Taliban can do with that equipment.
With the -Stan countries close to Afghanistan and the level of corruption in those countries being insane, the Soviet/Russian equipment would be easier to maintain. Especially since these components are cheap and can even be modified by using cheaper parts.

The Blackhawks and MRAPs you saw that the Taliban of OTL 2021 are operating are unsurprisingly breaking down due to the lack of American-made spare parts.

It would had been intresting to see what would happen to Africa and South America. Actually it would had been nice if there would be similar overview chapter over the world in 2022 as there was on FOM.

I noticed that on the maps that South Sudan isn't independent in 2022.
How come?

America intervened in 2003 - didn't want to partition afterward since it would have come off as too imperialist and deferential like in Iraq with no recognition of Kurdish independence.